XIM Community

Configuration Pictures  (Read 98228 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Configuration Pictures
« Reply #15 on: 12:54 PM - 12/07/10 »
No, I don't. I don't know how you are with it but if I press the right mouse button (like most people ADS) on high sensitivity like Toys no accel setting at 5700 dpi  on the desktop, and I move the mouse over the screen and press fire every half second, the pointer stops and jitters, I cant draw a fluid line. I dont like that.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:58 PM - 12/07/10 »
Sure try it, just try to only use ads and fire on the left hand and later the grenades. I made this post as if you search for configs on the forum you find just nothing and I hoped people will post some here.

I haven't played  with M/KB in a while. just bought a  G13 & G500 and I may or may not use some of your config but it definitely gave me some ideas.
There are topics all over about this, and you gave him a fish. Teach him to fish.
Amazing the things you can learn if you read for a few hours.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:04 PM - 12/07/10 »
definitely gave me some ideas

that’s the threads idea.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:31 PM - 12/07/10 »
what would you guys reccomend, the nostromo or the g13 for a wasd player, and i use a deathadder with fire on the mouse.

I looked and tried both the g13 and that Belkin N52TE at the store before I bought and I went with the g13. The reason for that is because I AM a wasd player. Everytime I put my hand on the N52TE my thumb went immediately to the thumb stick and felt uncomfortable trying to move it anywhere else. I use my thumb for jump on the space bar and the g13 it was like being home. Fingers were happy, thumb was intuitive and doesn't feel like it's shorter than on a full spacebar, but that's just me.

How do WASD players use the N52TE? I couldn't figure it out and while I only spent like five minutes with that one I went with the g13 because I didn't feel like I needed to think to use it. Happy I purchased it throughly.

Offline thekeeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PrimaBase
« Reply #19 on: 02:38 PM - 12/07/10 »
I think we're going off topic... has someone other (even classics) configurations? Post post post!!!

I would post something if I had a XIM2 or 1, but now I'm playing with pad so... I can't  :P
XIM3 Current Set:
- Logitech G9X - Razer Nostromo (Modded Analog)
- Puretrak Talent - Panasonic 50GT60

Offline toon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06:06 PM - 12/07/10 »
I mostly use this config for shooters

Offline Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:28 PM - 12/07/10 »
How easy is it to move with the analog stick with the G13?
I was gonna go with the Nostromo but it has so many faults and still no analog with the new one.

Offline unnamed player

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:43 PM - 12/07/10 »
I mostly use this config for shooters

My setup is very much like yours!  I have the Fang as well and love it.  Hope that it will work well with the XIM3

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08:15 PM - 12/07/10 »
Been using thumb to shoot for about five years and pinky to ADS for a year. I'm weary of getting a gamepad because I'm afraid the transition might be a pain and I don't think I can use an analog stick as well for movement as keys. Freeing up two fingers does sound good, though. 

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08:23 PM - 12/07/10 »
How easy is it to move with the analog stick with the G13?
I was gonna go with the Nostromo but it has so many faults and still no analog with the new one.

I was set on getting a G13 (especially since they are on sale right now at Best Buy) until I got a chance to try out a friend's for a little while.  Now granted I am biased as I have used the Nostromo for YEARS (First the N50, then the N52) with WASD movement, but I just did not like the feel of the G13.  I don't think the analog stick would be something I could use for movement because of the placement of it. 

I am probably going to end up getting the new Razer Nostromo.
PS4 Pro / One X • LG 49UJ6200 / Pixio PXC243 • G502 • PS Nav

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:07 PM - 12/07/10 »
How do WASD players use the N52TE? I couldn't figure it out and while I only spent like five minutes with that one I went with the g13 because I didn't feel like I needed to think to use it. Happy I purchased it throughly.

You need to switch the default space button to the round circular button above the D-pad. It takes about a day to get use to it, but once you do it feels like hand sex. I changed the space bar button to ESC (Start on xbox) to change classes in call of duty for example.
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline PrimeIce

• Desecrate the lawman.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nymbro
« Reply #26 on: 09:19 PM - 12/07/10 »
kk, heres my setup, as a wasd player, for competitive Cod on PC.  I was wondering if a nostromo would work fine on something like this.

komrad

« Reply #27 on: 09:29 PM - 12/07/10 »
Yeah, weird configuration... but I can see it being positive in certain aspects.  G11 - run, G12 - jump, G13 - crouch/prone and mouse right - ads, mouse left - fire, mouse back - special grenade, mouse forward - grenade, 3rd mouse button - melee, scroll wheel is set to switch and nade, and right scroll wheel to reload.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:14 PM - 12/07/10 »

Pretty much been using the same keys since '95 in Pc gaming . Some commands are bound twice because the'yre an alternative locatation according to what game I'm playing . I'll never switch to anything else.  I'm too percise with this set up .  ;)
Xim2

Xim2

Pc

« Last Edit: 10:19 PM - 12/07/10 by glenn37216 »

Offline buddy459rc

• View Profile
    • alba-vapours
  • Gamertag: Psychotic Vaper
« Reply #29 on: 10:53 PM - 12/07/10 »
heres mine