XIM Community

Custom mouse curves  (Read 874 times)

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• A PC, and Console Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Custom mouse curves
« Reply #15 on: 05:55 PM - 01/11/19 »
For instance...
If the x axis has a mouse speed measured in inches.
And letís just say the positions available ďareĒonly available as multiples of 2.
Having this knowledge would allow you to place y axis values at these multiples to arrive at a desired interpolated value in between.
An inch is a pretty large mouse movement when aiming.
So it could only be benificial to know what your reticle behavior is going to be between letís say 0-2 or 2-4 inches for fine aiming.

Since you explained your interest in a way that I can understand, I now think I can help you.

XIM uses curves to increase/decrease movement speed, however, it actually uses the in game sensitivity settings, not your mouse. This is why you are supposed to max out your in game sensitivity settings. It does this by using percentages, not inches as you would assume. By incrementally increasing the values in the curve graph you are essentially moving the values getting you closer to 100% of the in game sensitivity/ max speed. In other words, if I was to change the graph from the position of 50.00 and move it up to 100 or rather 100%, I could now lower my mouse sensitivity to a value that would work more efficiently with the aim assist mechanic in a shooter game. Thereís obviously more that would go into Smoothing the curve but hopefully you get the point. By doing this, I havenít necessarily increased the area in which Iíll be moving my mouse, I basically gave myself the ability to move the mouse faster to achieve 100% of the allowable in game speed.  XIM has a function called Boost that works with the same purpose. Boost however reduces micro movements and only has the option to increase.

There's a couple of videos In YouTube that will give you a more in depth perspective on curves, Search for ďXIM APEX Ballistic Curve tutorial Part 1Ē and then watch part 2.

Note: the videos share consistent values to help understand how things multiple.
« Last Edit: 06:09 PM - 01/11/19 by Jojo_IDGT »
Console: PS4 Pro and XBOX ONE X | Converter: XIM Apex and XIM4 | KB/Controler: Razer Orbw or Sony Nav | Mice: G502, G903, or Razer Trinity | mouse Pad: Razer Firefly (HardPad) or HyperX (SoftPad)

Offline Mb1966

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mbooze1966
« Reply #16 on: 07:43 PM - 01/11/19 »
 Not trying to be An A-hole.  I really do appreciate you trying to be helpful. But
 Since I started using XIM  iíve learned more about this @#$% than I care to. No choice
 I was so intent on learning mouse and keyboard that I forgot how to use a controller.
Iíve been on a mission to attain complete control ever since.
Anyway.
Iíve done a @#$% ton of tweaking.  So unless you actually helped develop & program this thing. Itís probably safe to say  that Iím more qualified to explain how it works by now.
Again. Not trying to be an A hole.
To my experience the graph works as it should. Velocity over time.
 Iím  convinced this is the case. So until one of  The developers tells me different 
I could really use an answer on those X values.

Offline Mb1966

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:55 PM - 01/11/19 »
BTW
 I did leave a controversial statement in there.
 So Iíll know 
when the right explanation comes along.

Offline Mb1966

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08:17 PM - 01/11/19 »
My apologies
I never considered that the x values would be measured by in game turn speed percentage.
Makes sense now how that would work. 

Offline Mb1966

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:25 PM - 01/11/19 »
I do have one question though.
Why arenít x values available in increments small enough to match the y values across the board?

Offline Mb1966

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:33 PM - 01/11/19 »
Thanx for the insight.
Hopefully I can work with the values available & not have to tweak anymore...

Offline Jojo_IDGT

• A PC, and Console Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:38 PM - 01/11/19 »
My apologies
I never considered that the x values would be measured by in game turn speed percentage.
Makes sense now how that would work.

::) ....
Console: PS4 Pro and XBOX ONE X | Converter: XIM Apex and XIM4 | KB/Controler: Razer Orbw or Sony Nav | Mice: G502, G903, or Razer Trinity | mouse Pad: Razer Firefly (HardPad) or HyperX (SoftPad)

Offline Bookuvapes

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:57 AM - 01/12/19 »
Each game is going to be different with how fast mouse movement will change  how fast the reticle goes. The changing the dpi will also affect how fast a reticle will move in the game. Then we have sensitivity that will affect how fast a reticle will move with a certain distance with the mouse. Then we have sync that will change how fast it moves. It will be very difficult to just say 3.5cm is going to move it this far in a game

Offline Nicktyler222

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: z00g4ng
« Reply #23 on: 08:03 PM - 01/12/19 »
This thread gave me a good laugh  ::)