XIM Community

What hip/ADS sens for Black Ops 4 at 12000 DPI?  (Read 498 times)

Offline Tate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zovs
What hip/ADS sens for Black Ops 4 at 12000 DPI?
« on: 12:22 PM - 01/04/19 »
Hello! After many time spent on this forum and reddit, I decided to get a XIM Apex, and am currently trying to find a good sensitivity to play Black Ops 4 with. The last game I've been able to play with MK was Team Fortress 2, but getting a hang of it again has been easy. I bought a G502 and am currently using 12000 DPI. I tend to use my wrist to aim, so the lower sensitivities I often see posted here (ex: 10 hip, 6 ads) feel sluggish to me. I'm currently using 15 hip/ads, which works, but need suggestions to have more precision. Thanks!

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
Re: What hip/ADS sens for Black Ops 4 at 12000 DPI?
« Reply #1 on: 12:33 PM - 01/04/19 »
Sensitivity is also tied to what synchronization you use on your apex.  So unless you're using the exact same sync / polling rate you can't copy anyones sensitivity it won't feel the same.
I suggest you update to the latest firmware and enable expert mode configuration if you want to copy someones sens.

Offline Tate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:38 PM - 01/04/19 »
Sorry about that! I'm completely new to this thing and so there's a lot of information in which I have no idea what it means or what to do with. I'm using default sync with a 1000 polling rate. I just need some recommendations for sensitivity as all the ones posted feel too slow. I know that a lot of it is preference but I have yet to see anybody use above 10 with 12000 DPI so I feel like I'm not utilizing the XIM to it's full potential lol

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:52 PM - 01/04/19 »
15/15 on 12k dpi default sync definitely seems very high but if that's what works for you it doesn't mean you're not utilizing the most out of your xim apex.

However there are a lot of options that have impact on Aim Assist which is very helpful in Black Ops 4.  You can either increase or decrease it by tweaking these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7yvB4a0YVU Here's a video that explains how sync and other options affect this.

Not that many people use default sync on here and once you figure out what sync they do use here's a list of how to calculate your sens.

Sensitivity conversion between Synchronize settings:

Default > Off: x8 | Common: 2 | Slow: 4

Common > Off: x16 | Default: x2 | Slow: 2

Slow > Off: x32 | Default: x4 | Common: x2

Off > Default: 8 | Common: 16 | Slow: 32

Btw personally i use sync off 70 hip 40 ads 12k dpi 1000hz but i only play blackout

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:51 PM - 01/04/19 »
Your best advice is your own advice. You know what works for you. There is no standard dpi or sensitivity for the Xim or BO4. You honestly saying that you mainly bought the xim because you read about it on Reddit is a red flag in itself. Reddit is the most toxic forum I've ever been to. They act like the Xim makes us God's. Dude I've played overwatch with the xim 4 and xim apex now since season 1 and barely made it out of gold.

How godlike of me😆😆. Now I'm gold again and I can't get out of it even with the apex. My advice is to read up the Xim and figure out what works well for you. I've never used anyone else's settings ever. I've never asked for anyone's settings either. That's because I know what works for Nerd. What's your play style? How do you move around the maps? Do you camp, run and gun or both? All of those factors factor into your Xim config.

I run around like a maniac and gun everybody down. Even though I do that I manage a 3.1 ekia/d with a super fast sensitivity and I don't miss. However, due to the games mechanics and skill gap compression I do die. It's inevitable; but they will die way more than me. Pay around with your settings. Don't expect Rome to be built in a day.

Offline Tate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:49 PM - 01/04/19 »
Thank you Nerd, that was some solid advice! It does seem as if many people believe that using a XIM gives you an insane advantage over a standard controller, but I knew that wasn't true going into it. I just enjoy using mouse and keyboard more than I do a controller, and being able to do that without purchasing a PC tied into why I got it. So far, I'm not better or worse as to when I was using a controller. We have a similar play-style, and after trial and error I settled on 12 hip/9 ads at 12k DPI. It has worked very well for me. Thank you for your great advice, I really appreciate it!:)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:20 PM - 01/04/19 »
Thank you Nerd, that was some solid advice! It does seem as if many people believe that using a XIM gives you an insane advantage over a standard controller, but I knew that wasn't true going into it. I just enjoy using mouse and keyboard more than I do a controller, and being able to do that without purchasing a PC tied into why I got it. So far, I'm not better or worse as to when I was using a controller. We have a similar play-style, and after trial and error I settled on 12 hip/9 ads at 12k DPI. It has worked very well for me. Thank you for your great advice, I really appreciate it!:)
Nice, now you can add SAB and steady aim to that config if necessary. Smoothing is something that is essential for me. I usually run 2 so that my ads and hip aren't slowed too much. 7 is the max that you should use when it comes to smoothing. 65 is the max for Simulate analog behavior (SAB) and steady aim is up for grabs 😆. I haven't found a max for that one yet with COD. I usually don't go over 5.