XIM Community

Bluetooth Headset XBOX One Setup?  (Read 729 times)

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
Bluetooth Headset XBOX One Setup?
« on: 03:47 PM - 01/03/19 »
Not an audio expert by any means so I thought I would send out a post to see what others are doing with their headset situation while playing with a XIM.

My problem:

Okay so I'm getting tired of my short headset chord being draped over my keyboard. It's too short to run underneath. I purchased a longer Aux chord and found that my voice is not being sent back to the XBOX. It's frustrating that the XBOX controller (or even the darn console) cannot wirelessly transmit and receive audio signals by now.

I have a nice pair of bluetooth earbuds with a mic and was wondering if anyone has found a way to utilize bluetooth headsets with the XBOX One yet?

My Hypothesis:

I was thinking that If I simply connected a bluetooth transmitter/receiver directly to the XBOX controller I should (in theory) be able to receive the audio signal from the XBOX and also transmit my voice audio back to the controller with little to no lag. I was thinking of using something like this https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546551078&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bluetooth+receiver+%26+transmitter&psc=1.

Anybody try this out? Or has anyone else found a way to get game audio and party chat audio to a wireless headset or earbuds?

Thanks
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
Re: Bluetooth Headset XBOX One Setup?
« Reply #1 on: 07:46 AM - 01/07/19 »
I figured this out in case anyone is curious. The Taotronics bluetooth transmitter/receiver will work, but it can only transmit or receive the signal at any given time. Simply plugging it into the controller base and pairing it with you favorite Bluetooth headphones will transmit the audio! However your microphone will not be heard. As for the microphone situation, I decided to get a stand alone microphone. Unfortunately Xbox One, as of now, does not support usb microphones. If you have a microphone that has an 3.5mm aux port then you're in business. Just plug and play. However if you're microphone is usb then there is one way to get it connected to the Xbox One. You have to route through a pc. Simply plug it into the pc. then use the 3.5mm aux port out and into the Xbox One Chat Adapter.

To summarize this is the order of my newfound setup:

Xbox One Controller=>Xbox One chat adapter=>3.5mm 4 channel aux splitter

3.5 mm 4 channel aux splitter (headphone side)=> Taotronics Bluetooth Transmitter=> Bluetooth Earbuds

3.5mm 4 channel aux splitter (microphone side)=> 3.5mm aux (male to male) cord=>PC=>USB connector=>microphone of choice.

Yes I know this is a complicated set up however it works like a charm. I am enjoying the wireless capabilities of being able to walk to the refrigerator and back lol. Not to mention the fact that I can now move my head further than 3ft from the controller ( which I'm not even using.) Nonetheless, to my surprise, wireless audio is achievable without a $300 pair of headphones :).
« Last Edit: 01:11 PM - 01/24/19 by Fox McCloud »
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:10 PM - 01/24/19 »
Okay update time. So there is one slight problem with this setup that has frustrated me over the last couple of weeks.

Problem: If you route a usb microphone (I'm using the blue snowball ice) to your PC and then use a 3.5mm aux cord from the computer to the xbox controller that is plugged into the XIM Apex, then all that you will hear is (extremely loud) static feedback. I found a way around this :D. Simply use another Xbox controller not connected to the apex. The problem with this solution is that the controller automatically shuts down after being idle for 10 minutes. So you have to continuously remember to activate the controller >:(.

I'm far from a tech expert so I don't quite understand how to avoid using a second controller. So far I've come up with the following ideas.

1) Use Xbox Party Chat on Windows 10 and buy a cheap audio mixer. Then route an audio signal from my Monitor/Xbox and PC to the mixer and plug that into the base of the  controller.

2) Buy a Microphone that has a 3.5 mm out port. Plug the mic into a power source and run the 3.5 mm aux chord directly into the 4 channel splitter.

3) Buy a ground loop isolator and install that in-between the microphone and Xbox chat adapter.

Any thoughts??

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:52 AM - 05/06/19 »
I forgot to update this thread. The ground loop Isolator worked like a champ  8)

Offline TheOfficialMeeseek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:30 PM - 02/12/20 »
I am sorry for the late response but I have just purchased a "streaming bundle" from BestBuy which included a C922 Pro Stream HD Webcam & a Blue Yeti USB Mic (Blackout edition). I am having this same exact issue except I do not have a PC. I ordered a 4 connection aux cord and 4 channel splitter for mic and headset. Setup:
Xbox controller 》 Xbox controller chat adapter 》 4 channel splitter 》 Blue Yeti to the mic end & Bluetooth Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset to the headset obviously haha. Now forgot to mention that my controller is plugged into the Apex Xim for M&K capability. I also have a Xbox one vertical stand for the extra space and it provides 4 USB ports instead of the standard 2.
Do you have a resolution? I really hope so because this s**t isn't cheap... Thank you in advance!

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:49 AM - 02/19/20 »
Wow ..   what a lot of hassle.

Just move the controller so it isn't on the other side of the keyboard or buy a 4-pole aux extension instead of a 3 pole which I assume is what you tried.