XIM Community

Day 3: Keyboard user Switches to Sony Nav Final Post....  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Trshy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: trshy
Re: Day 3: Keyboard user Switches to Sony Nav Final Post....
« Reply #30 on: 12:26 PM - 01/08/19 »
I honestly could not have agreed more before SAB purely for aim assist interaction analogue was far superior but I just never liked any of the options and found the buttons limiting so i stuck with keyboard despite the inconsistent and odd aim assist.

Now I don't really see a disadvantage perhaps the aim assist is still slightly better with a true analogue input but it's still very good with SAB and you can customize it to suit your needs which you cannot do say with a nav. I will say nav is still probably better for the games limited to a low SAB value.

i play black ops 4 a lot, and the low SAB value like 50 isn't doing anything i noticed honestly, so hopefully trying the sony nav will help me out with aim assist. i was excited for the SAB feature, but it didn't suit me well

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:52 PM - 01/08/19 »
I honestly could not have agreed more before SAB purely for aim assist interaction analogue was far superior but I just never liked any of the options and found the buttons limiting so i stuck with keyboard despite the inconsistent and odd aim assist.

Now I don't really see a disadvantage perhaps the aim assist is still slightly better with a true analogue input but it's still very good with SAB and you can customize it to suit your needs which you cannot do say with a nav. I will say nav is still probably better for the games limited to a low SAB value.

i play black ops 4 a lot, and the low SAB value like 50 isn't doing anything i noticed honestly, so hopefully trying the sony nav will help me out with aim assist. i was excited for the SAB feature, but it didn't suit me well
The Sony nav will make things feel more natural. Use the max dpi of your mouse and it will feel like using a controller with a mouse attached on Black Ops 4. I tried using my keyboard with SAB today and my kd started dropping rapidly. Yet, when I switched back to my nav it went right back up. I'm closing in on a 3.2. Limited buttons are not much of an issue when combined with the titan.

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12:56 PM - 01/08/19 »
You got my interest.

"Your order was placed."
I'll see how i go when it arrives.
Sweet, you will love it. I hope you have the same experience that I've had. Give it some time. I rage quit my first night and went back to keyboard. But later on i went back to the nav with a clear mind and that's when it all came together. I'm buying another nav for my birthday. I got one for $20 that looks brand new.
I got my Nav controllers today, ive been playing for about 5 hours straight now on Bo4 HC TDM
I started with bots just to get a feel for it for about 30 minutes and work out button mapping.

I ended up with
L2 = Crouch/Prone/Slide
L1 = Jump
Arrow up = Triangle
Arrow Down = Scoreboard

I didn't need any more buttons as the rest are on my mouse, i ended up remapping reload to scroll down on my mouse as i found using any more buttons on the nav was too slow  as id have to move my hand away too much from the stick which means no movement during that time.

Honestly it wasn't as hard to get used to as i thought it would, I'm hitting 3+ KD games nearly every game just as i did with keyboard maybe slightly more though I'm still not 100% used to it yet there's still few panic moments where im flat out pressing the wrong buttons so once i got the button mapping down so it's just muscle memory ill be better.

I do notice is movement is so much smoother than keyboard and my left hand is definitely uncomfortable after gaming the last 5 hours though that's no different than when i first started keyboard gaming on PC years back.

The nav controller paired with my wireless G304 = completely wireless gaming on Xim and it works and feels amazing.
Ive ordered one of those charge docks for them too.

Thanks for posting about it.
No problem, glad I could help😄 The nav definitely feels a lot smoother than the keyboard. I actually just charge my nav with my pc. No need for a doc.

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:02 PM - 01/08/19 »
i bought a sony nav today, and i'll be trying it once i get home, i hope it feels better than a keyboard when fighting against AA.
The nav will not feel good if you want to cut through aim assist. It will actually pull your aim towards the target like a regular analog controller. It will be up to your mouse handling skills to cut through the aim assist and hit the target you want to kill first if it's more than one target. I recommend using an acceleration curve with the nav if you want to cut through aim assist easily, or use a keyboard. Keyboard cuts through aim assist like butter. That's why I wanted to switch to analog because I love aim assist. I.dont want to fight against it, I want to fight with it😁

Offline HanSolo82

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:33 AM - 01/10/19 »
Wattup Nerd! Thanks for posting these results on your experience from keyboard to Nav.
I too switched from keyboard to Nav a few months ago and albeit being a pain the first week of adjustment however I got use to the analog movement as opposed to the WASD. I must say that (on console) I will be using this set up from now on (for COD only). I am digging the controller like movement with the NAV.

I use the Apex with the titan two so I have scripts for auto run (which helps free the left analog stick button to assign for melee) and also anti recoil as well (anyone interested just PM me).

So far I can say that for COD, this is the set up for me as it helps me focus on improving my mouse skills and the fact that you can set up a wireless gameplay from the couch!

XBOX ONE X | XIM Apex + Titan Two | Corsair K70 , Sony Nav | Steelseries Rival 600 | QCK Cloth | Asus 28" 4k VP28UQG

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09:56 AM - 01/11/19 »
Wattup Nerd! Thanks for posting these results on your experience from keyboard to Nav.
I too switched from keyboard to Nav a few months ago and albeit being a pain the first week of adjustment however I got use to the analog movement as opposed to the WASD. I must say that (on console) I will be using this set up from now on (for COD only). I am digging the controller like movement with the NAV.

I use the Apex with the titan two so I have scripts for auto run (which helps free the left analog stick button to assign for melee) and also anti recoil as well (anyone interested just PM me).

So far I can say that for COD, this is the set up for me as it helps me focus on improving my mouse skills and the fact that you can set up a wireless gameplay from the couch!
The nav skyrocketed my ekia/d. I'm almost at a 3.2. Bo4 is just way better with analog. I'm getting used to it on Overwatch as well. I will see how much I improve each season. I also use the titan for auto-run.

Offline HanSolo82

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12:07 PM - 01/11/19 »

The nav skyrocketed my ekia/d. I'm almost at a 3.2. Bo4 is just way better with analog. I'm getting used to it on Overwatch as well. I will see how much I improve each season. I also use the titan for auto-run.

Nice bro! What mouse are you using and let me know how it goes on Overwatch. I still love my keyboard for that game lol.
XBOX ONE X | XIM Apex + Titan Two | Corsair K70 , Sony Nav | Steelseries Rival 600 | QCK Cloth | Asus 28" 4k VP28UQG

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:46 PM - 01/11/19 »

Nice bro! What mouse are you using and let me know how it goes on Overwatch. I still love my keyboard for that game lol.
I just suck at Overwatch in general. I don't think either will help me with that game😂

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #38 on: 04:01 AM - 01/14/19 »
Only had the Xim for 3 days and its safe to say my skills with a keyboard are very restrictive at this stage.

I have always been a console gamer and defiantly finding the transition hard.  A nav came into stock yesterday at my local CEX and a ran out of work to get it.  So glad i did, only tired on fortnite last night but this thing feels great and its an instant transition for me.  Tried a controller towards the end of my session and it just felt slow.  I do plan to use the keyboard in the future but for now this has made gaming more enjoyable and I cant wait to get back on after work and build that muscle memory.

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:42 AM - 01/14/19 »
Only had the Xim for 3 days and its safe to say my skills with a keyboard are very restrictive at this stage.

I have always been a console gamer and defiantly finding the transition hard.  A nav came into stock yesterday at my local CEX and a ran out of work to get it.  So glad i did, only tired on fortnite last night but this thing feels great and its an instant transition for me.  Tried a controller towards the end of my session and it just felt slow.  I do plan to use the keyboard in the future but for now this has made gaming more enjoyable and I cant wait to get back on after work and build that muscle memory.
Glad that this article helped you. The nav has definitely change my life and gaming experience. Please do not use a curve unless you absolutely have to. You will get really good using 1:1 aim with time.

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05:17 AM - 01/14/19 »

Glad that this article helped you. The nav has definitely change my life and gaming experience. Please do not use a curve unless you absolutely have to. You will get really good using 1:1 aim with time.

Pretty much only changed my key bindings so far.  Starting to look at DPI but I see no real need to change anything from the base config at this stage. 

Absolutely agree with the gaming experience, I feel so much more confident in my shots and being able to react quickly when I need too.  It's like I can now play the game how I want too, if that makes sense?

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06:12 AM - 01/14/19 »

Pretty much only changed my key bindings so far.  Starting to look at DPI but I see no real need to change anything from the base config at this stage. 

Absolutely agree with the gaming experience, I feel so much more confident in my shots and being able to react quickly when I need too.  It's like I can now play the game how I want too, if that makes sense?
Definitely makes sense. As far as DPI I personally use the max dpi with the nav. My max is 12k. With console I came to realize that more is better. Max dpi will give you a smooth controller like experience. Coupled with 500 Hz you should be fine but experiment with polling rates to see what you like. My preference is 250 Hz. Logically, if my mouse can achieve 900+ rps (reports per second) depending on how fast I move it. I should be able to hit 250 easy peasy without much effort. 250 Hz is the native polling rate of an analog controller. So I have optimized my aim amd.my mouse  will function within the guidelines of a dualshock 4 controller at 250 polling if that makes sense. The information I'm providing is also in tutorials. I'm literally just regurgitating it because I studied xim 4 and xim apex tutorials. I'm not trying to sound like I know it all. You can fact check me if you like. Od1n has given us all the tools.

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07:21 AM - 01/14/19 »

Definitely makes sense. As far as DPI I personally use the max dpi with the nav. My max is 12k. With console I came to realize that more is better. Max dpi will give you a smooth controller like experience. Coupled with 500 Hz you should be fine but experiment with polling rates to see what you like. My preference is 250 Hz. Logically, if my mouse can achieve 900+ rps (reports per second) depending on how fast I move it. I should be able to hit 250 easy peasy without much effort. 250 Hz is the native polling rate of an analog controller. So I have optimized my aim amd.my mouse  will function within the guidelines of a dualshock 4 controller at 250 polling if that makes sense. The information I'm providing is also in tutorials. I'm literally just regurgitating it because I studied xim 4 and xim apex tutorials. I'm not trying to sound like I know it all. You can fact check me if you like. Od1n has given us all the tools.
Will give that a try for sure and that you for the explanation.  I started on 12k dpi and dropped to 3500 after reading some other threads.  All at 1000hz, will have another play later on 

Offline etb

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06:09 PM - 01/14/19 »
I was using the nav, but I upgraded to this combo.

https://www.amazon.com/GRIFTA-SOLO-GRIFTA-ANDO1LHKS-Grifta-Gamepad/dp/B01N6TZ3XG/ (more buttons)

+

https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Magic-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B079B5KHWQ (fixes grifta trigger bind)

all wireless and much better. even bought an extra grifta as a spare since they are discontinued.

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:23 PM - 01/14/19 »
I was using the nav, but I upgraded to this combo.

https://www.amazon.com/GRIFTA-SOLO-GRIFTA-ANDO1LHKS-Grifta-Gamepad/dp/B01N6TZ3XG/ (more buttons)

+

https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Magic-NS-Wireless-Controller-Nintendo/dp/B079B5KHWQ (fixes grifta trigger bind)

all wireless and much better. even bought an extra grifta as a spare since they are discontinued.
Thanks for your information. I'm sure someone will give this a try. But, from my knowledge it won't work smoothly with the apex like the Nintendo joy con and sony nav.