XIM Community

Day 3: Keyboard user Switches to Sony Nav Final Post....  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
Re: Day 3: Keyboard user Switches to Sony Nav Final Post....
« Reply #15 on: 08:49 AM - 01/04/19 »
I got one for $20 that looks brand new.
I got one new never used on ebay for $39.95 aud delivered.
kinda pissed as i just found some more for $18 aud delivered used.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:03 AM - 01/04/19 »
I got one for $20 that looks brand new.
I got one new never used on ebay for $39.95 aud delivered.
kinda pissed as i just found some more for $18 aud delivered used.

They are always at my local gamestops in the USED section.  I have bought 4 of them for backup like 3 dollars each.  They all work but I'm still using my keyboard.

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:46 AM - 01/04/19 »
Keyboard user for more than 20 years, when it comes to XIM console playing Analog stick is superior.

Thanks for share your transition.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline idkwtf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:22 PM - 01/04/19 »
Keyboard user for more than 20 years, when it comes to XIM console playing Analog stick is superior.

I'm curious does your opinion apply to fortnite as well? Or do you mostly play cod, bf, pubg, etc. I've been using a controller for well over 10 years and analog makes it harder to aim for me. I'm terrible at wasd so I'd prefer to stick with analog, but I am finding it hard to hit shots on fortnite compared to keyboard.

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:27 PM - 01/04/19 »
Specially on Fortnite, besides avoiding WASD aim assist worked well back in season 5 (last I played)
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Barry.McCockiner

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:00 PM - 01/04/19 »
Aim Assist on Fortnite is super sticky in Season 7 (first season I have played on XIM) to the point where I am going to try disabling AA to test my accuracy.
Xbox One X w/ Samsung SSD | XIM Apex | Logitech G502 | Sony Nav

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:39 PM - 01/04/19 »

No problem, you are 100% right as well. 3.11 kd and still climbing. I'm glad I started with keyboard though because it taught me how to use my mouse efficiently. So the transition was a lot smoother.

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:50 PM - 01/06/19 »
I thought I would give this a try, because I was interested about what you guys have been saying about having better aim assist with the Nav.

I went down to my local Gamestop and they had 3 of them in the used bin for $1.99 each. I picked them all up. Got home. Charged them. Set them all up on the XIM Apex with the G502 because it is the only mouse I have that has enough buttons. All three work perfectly and were basically new.

I tried it on BO4 for about an hour. Went from average of 2 KDR to over 3 KDR every game. The aiming feels COMPLETELY different. It feels much easier to break the aim assist bubble and much easier to instantly snap on to people and kill them.

Much faster than when using the keyboard. It really does improve the aim. But after testing BF5 and Fortnite and other games. It ONLY works better for CoD for me. BF5 felt WAY better with the keyboard and mouse instead of Nav and mouse. The aim assist in BF5 is just basically way better aim assist in general compared to CoD in my opinion and I have none of the issues I have with keyboard and mouse in BF5 as I do in CoD with the aim assist bubble resisting me. The aim assist in CoD is so insane and the Nav really helps it, but yeah I feel it's only for CoD at this point. And it's really hard to get used to using the Nav when you've never used it before. But after using it and getting such high KDR even while using it badly I feel if I got used to it in CoD I would be unstoppable.

Logitech G502
1000hz
12,000dpi
Default sync
10 hip
10 ADS
No advanced settings like Steady aim or Simulate Analog or Boost.

X, Circle, Square, Triangle, R1 all on mouse, everything else on Nav. Sprint is Nav stick down, L1 on Nav bumper, R3 on Nav trigger.

Now if only they made a mouse that was like the Logitech G Pro Wireless that I use as my main but with the two buttons to the left of the left click and maybe 4 side buttons. That would be a lot easier to use with the Nav because the G502 is so heavy in comparison.

Offline GamingNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:47 PM - 01/06/19 »
I thought I would give this a try, because I was interested about what you guys have been saying about having better aim assist with the Nav.

I went down to my local Gamestop and they had 3 of them in the used bin for $1.99 each. I picked them all up. Got home. Charged them. Set them all up on the XIM Apex with the G502 because it is the only mouse I have that has enough buttons. All three work perfectly and were basically new.

I tried it on BO4 for about an hour. Went from average of 2 KDR to over 3 KDR every game. The aiming feels COMPLETELY different. It feels much easier to break the aim assist bubble and much easier to instantly snap on to people and kill them.

Much faster than when using the keyboard. It really does improve the aim. But after testing BF5 and Fortnite and other games. It ONLY works better for CoD for me. BF5 felt WAY better with the keyboard and mouse instead of Nav and mouse. The aim assist in BF5 is just basically way better aim assist in general compared to CoD in my opinion and I have none of the issues I have with keyboard and mouse in BF5 as I do in CoD with the aim assist bubble resisting me. The aim assist in CoD is so insane and the Nav really helps it, but yeah I feel it's only for CoD at this point. And it's really hard to get used to using the Nav when you've never used it before. But after using it and getting such high KDR even while using it badly I feel if I got used to it in CoD I would be unstoppable.

Logitech G502
1000hz
12,000dpi
Default sync
10 hip
10 ADS
No advanced settings like Steady aim or Simulate Analog or Boost.

X, Circle, Square, Triangle, R1 all on mouse, everything else on Nav. Sprint is Nav stick down, L1 on Nav bumper, R3 on Nav trigger.

Now if only they made a mouse that was like the Logitech G Pro Wireless that I use as my main but with the two buttons to the left of the left click and maybe 4 side buttons. That would be a lot easier to use with the Nav because the G502 is so heavy in comparison.
Glad you found this information useful. I have to agree with you on the statement you made. I only find it useful for COD as well. I cannot use it with overwatch at all. I have been practicing because I feel that if I get good with it that it will make me a lot better. But, it is definitely difficult to go from COD to overwatch with the nav. Especially because the commands change drastically.

Offline sennsoph

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sennsoph
« Reply #24 on: 11:48 PM - 01/06/19 »
I tried. But i just cant get used to this.

But for my friends... they never played games on pc and struggle with the keyboard... they seem to adapt more quickly with the nav indeed.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:10 AM - 01/07/19 »
The best way to get around the lack of buttons is scripting. This also has flow on benefits for keyboards too.

E.g.

Easy Sprint - instead of walking by default, you sprint by default, and pressing the sprint button makes you walk. You flip the paradigm, basically, and in doing so you save yourself from having to assign one of your main buttons to sprint, since you sprint more than you walk in most games. This allows you to relegate sprint to a less important button.

Modifier keys - hold X and tap Y to perform Z.

Double tap keys - double tap sprint or reload to simulate pressing X button.

And a technique I call "Double Up", demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5MniXxBVUo

Using a combination of these techniques you can reduce the amount of buttons you need significantly.

I was able to comfortably play Siege with a Nav with the help of the above. Siege has one of the most complex control schemes on console so I think this is an excellent benchmark.
« Last Edit: 01:15 AM - 01/07/19 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
« Reply #26 on: 03:55 AM - 01/08/19 »
You got my interest.

"Your order was placed."
I'll see how i go when it arrives.
Sweet, you will love it. I hope you have the same experience that I've had. Give it some time. I rage quit my first night and went back to keyboard. But later on i went back to the nav with a clear mind and that's when it all came together. I'm buying another nav for my birthday. I got one for $20 that looks brand new.
I got my Nav controllers today, ive been playing for about 5 hours straight now on Bo4 HC TDM
I started with bots just to get a feel for it for about 30 minutes and work out button mapping.

I ended up with
L2 = Crouch/Prone/Slide
L1 = Jump
Arrow up = Triangle
Arrow Down = Scoreboard

I didn't need any more buttons as the rest are on my mouse, i ended up remapping reload to scroll down on my mouse as i found using any more buttons on the nav was too slow  as id have to move my hand away too much from the stick which means no movement during that time.

Honestly it wasn't as hard to get used to as i thought it would, I'm hitting 3+ KD games nearly every game just as i did with keyboard maybe slightly more though I'm still not 100% used to it yet there's still few panic moments where im flat out pressing the wrong buttons so once i got the button mapping down so it's just muscle memory ill be better.

I do notice is movement is so much smoother than keyboard and my left hand is definitely uncomfortable after gaming the last 5 hours though that's no different than when i first started keyboard gaming on PC years back.

The nav controller paired with my wireless G304 = completely wireless gaming on Xim and it works and feels amazing.
Ive ordered one of those charge docks for them too.

Thanks for posting about it.

Offline Trshy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: trshy
« Reply #27 on: 08:12 AM - 01/08/19 »
i bought a sony nav today, and i'll be trying it once i get home, i hope it feels better than a keyboard when fighting against AA.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #28 on: 09:53 AM - 01/08/19 »
I switched from Nav to Keyboard because  I fell in love with  Logitech G pro wireless mouse  ( had g502 proteus & still have G502 Hero )

& from keyboard  , I will be going to  Azeron.eu  compact keypad as soon as  new joystick mod is available.

Keyboard is too much hassle  for movement.... its not idea after using Navigation controller.
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #29 on: 11:16 AM - 01/08/19 »
I honestly could not have agreed more before SAB purely for aim assist interaction analogue was far superior but I just never liked any of the options and found the buttons limiting so i stuck with keyboard despite the inconsistent and odd aim assist.

Now I don't really see a disadvantage perhaps the aim assist is still slightly better with a true analogue input but it's still very good with SAB and you can customize it to suit your needs which you cannot do say with a nav. I will say nav is still probably better for the games limited to a low SAB value.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺