XIM Community

Day 3: Keyboard user Switches to Sony Nav Final Post....  (Read 2151 times)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
I expected my transition to be much harder. It has only taken me 3 days to get it down pact. As it stands now, I am at a 3.1 ekia/d and I did not noob hunt. There were some hard fought battles. I'm making this my last post on this topic, so let's get down to business. Analog is essential for the Xim Apex. I am completely convince based on the fact that I went from.a 2.98 to a 3.1 in just 3 days. I had been stuck at a 2.98 since the game released. That is a huge leap of improvement.

I noticed that the Sony Nav doesn't hit the turn speed cap at all!😲 No joke, I used to hit it all the time with my keyboard. I played for hours and hours. Literally like 6+ with the nav in these 3 days. When I use keyboard I usually get frustrated after an hour or two and then I get off.  The nav feels just like a dualshock analog controller with the mouse. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but I got used to it after day 1. My accuracy increased, my awareness increased and my kills increased. I went from getting 4.0+ ekia/d per game with the keyboard to 6.0+ ekia/d per game with the Sony nav.

Geez, I hate to admit it but........ for me..... the nav is way better. Or, I could say that analog is way better than keyboard for console. If a keyboard ever comes out with a well made analog stick other than the Logitech and orbweaver I will switch to it. Another good thing is that other players cannot tell that you are using a mouse because you move the same way they do. I'm always going to be a keyboard guy; that won't change. But, for certain games I will be using the nav.

I can't believe what I have been missing out on for so many years. Countless hours of watching my gameplay and asking myself "why doesn't my aim assist kick in"? Well, I've found the solution and perfect setup.

Sony Navigation Pro's: Smooth movement, no jitter, no hitting the turn speed cap, very high aim assist, and the ability to precisely control your strafing which increases aim assist. The ideal feel of using a controller only with a mouse and spot on accuracy.

Cons: Very few buttons at your disposal, slight discomfort after hours of gaming, poor design. All very minor cons.

Keyboard pros: A plethora of buttons at your disposal😃, instant commands, long hours of gaming comfortably.

Cons: Inability to control how fast you strafe which causes less aim assist and 2D movement which can easily be spotted by other players and the algorithms in the game. SAB does help but it can only come some close to actual analog movement.

This is very unbiased and opinion based. Take nothing I've stated personal please. I will not change my standing on this. New Xim users if you read this my advice is to go with an analog option to optimize your gaming and take it to the next level. Sony nav gets two thumbs up from me👍👍
« Last Edit: 06:17 AM - 01/03/19 by GamingNerd »

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
Re: Day 3: Keyboard user Switches to Sony Nav Final Post....
« Reply #1 on: 08:21 AM - 01/03/19 »
You got my interest.

"Your order was placed."
I'll see how i go when it arrives.

Offline Retrogamer1969

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Retrogamer1969
  • PSN ID: Retrogamer1969
« Reply #2 on: 09:05 AM - 01/03/19 »
I found out something kinda cool yesterday. If you connect a usb hub to where you plugged your keyboard in and then plug both your nav and keyboard they both work. I was pondering some sort of Frankenstein analogue keyboard combo using my thumb for movement and the keyboard for everything else.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:51 AM - 01/03/19 »
You got my interest.

"Your order was placed."
I'll see how i go when it arrives.
Sweet, you will love it. I hope you have the same experience that I've had. Give it some time. I rage quit my first night and went back to keyboard. But later on i went back to the nav with a clear mind and that's when it all came together. I'm buying another nav for my birthday. I got one for $20 that looks brand new.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:54 AM - 01/03/19 »
I found out something kinda cool yesterday. If you connect a usb hub to where you plugged your keyboard in and then plug both your nav and keyboard they both work. I was pondering some sort of Frankenstein analogue keyboard combo using my thumb for movement and the keyboard for everything else.
Good find, but how will you use the features of the controller that way? And how would you use your mouse that way? All slots will have been taken up. The better way to do it is to use the nav wirelessly and then plug in your keyboard into the open spot. That way you can have your controller connected, nav, keyboard and mouse😄

Offline Domenic.HRO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:46 AM - 01/03/19 »
Hello we wrote together. I also bought the sony nav a few days ago. I want a lot of autoaim. Can you give me your new config for black ops 4 and your button layout for the sony nav?

Offline Domenic.HRO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:47 AM - 01/03/19 »
Which games do you play with the sony nav? I also have the g502 mouse.

Offline SwipeFPS

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Classified.
« Reply #7 on: 12:25 PM - 01/03/19 »
I really don’t understand what you mean your nav doesn’t hit the turn cap. Your keyboard shouldn’t either bc it’s just character moment. You mouse is what causes jitter not your keyboard or your nav. All it does it take you from wasd movement to  analog movement.

Offline idkwtf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:39 AM - 01/04/19 »
Interesting. I've been using controller for 10+ years, nav for a couple months, and zero keyboard experience. However, when I connect a keyboard my aim is worlds better. I feel like nav/analog makes aim assist so strong that it hurts more than helps.

I wish nav truly was better because I'm worlds worst keyboarder, but it's just not.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:37 AM - 01/04/19 »
Interesting. I've been using controller for 10+ years, nav for a couple months, and zero keyboard experience. However, when I connect a keyboard my aim is worlds better. I feel like nav/analog makes aim assist so strong that it hurts more than helps.

I wish nav truly was better because I'm worlds worst keyboarder, but it's just not.
That's exactly why I switched to the nav. I wanted all of the aim assist it provides. I like sticky aim when it comes to COD. The more sticky the better for me. Keyboard is really nice. I'm superb on it. But switching to the nav made me leap to a higher kd. The stronger aim assist feels like aim bot to me.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:44 AM - 01/04/19 »
I really don’t understand what you mean your nav doesn’t hit the turn cap. Your keyboard shouldn’t either bc it’s just character moment. You mouse is what causes jitter not your keyboard or your nav. All it does it take you from wasd movement to  analog movement.
Your movement both with the mouse and with the keyboard factor into the messages sent and received by the xim. I hit the turn speed cap a lot more when using my keyboard because of the way I moved and looked with my mouse and keyboard combined. Turn speed cap is how fast your moving the mouse. I moved my mouse a lot faster when i needed to jump, turn, 360 strafe and fire. Because I couldn't do a full 360 degree strafe and turn like with the nav. The difference between analog movement and keyboard movement are like night and day. That is why all pro pc Rocket League players use an analog controller in tournaments. This topic is my own evaluation of me. It is opinionated. If you feel I am wrong I respect your opinion as well. But try to strafe 360 degrees like circling the analog stick and see how much you have to tap keys and turn with the mouse.

It is a hard task. With the nav I simply turn once to the left or right and I can jump, turn and 360 strafe easily to keep my reticle on target and my aim assist strong. Now why do I 360 strafe instead of just pressing left or right? Because I have to change the direction of my aim. If I walk left I need to aim right to stay on target and vice versa if I walk to the right. When I just circle the analog stick (360 degree strafe) I never have to leave the hit box and I keep my aim assist strong.
« Last Edit: 03:11 AM - 01/04/19 by GamingNerd »

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:58 AM - 01/04/19 »
Hello we wrote together. I also bought the sony nav a few days ago. I want a lot of autoaim. Can you give me your new config for black ops 4 and your button layout for the sony nav?
I'm new to the nav so I'm still figuring things out. My layout is all over the place right now. I'll pm it to you because there are still some things that don't make since. I can't call in a scorestreals while running because I mapped it to the right directional button. And I cant pull up my scoreboard while running because I mapped it to the circle button on the nav. The reason I did this is because I can't use the side buttons on the nav except the dpi shift button because my hand mashes the other two side buttons unintentionally.

Offline idkwtf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:17 AM - 01/04/19 »
Oh I'm not a cod player at all so maybe that's the biggest difference. I play mostly fortnite lol. I'm seriously terrible with a keyboard can barely move with wsad but I can feel the difference in aiming for sure.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:25 AM - 01/04/19 »
Oh I'm not a cod player at all so maybe that's the biggest difference. I play mostly fortnite lol. I'm seriously terrible with a keyboard can barely move with wsad but I can feel the difference in aiming for sure.
oh, well that makes since. You definitely went chose the right option for your play style. I don't feel very strong aim assist when I use keyboard. Just faster commands. I have to circle my mouse to stay in the hit box when I shoot.

Offline idkwtf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:56 AM - 01/04/19 »
Yeah fortnite has pretty strong aim assist so that's probably why keyboard aim feels better to me. It's harder to cut through the AA bubble on fortnite with nav.