XIM Community

joystick but not what is usually asked  (Read 167 times)

Offline ade666

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mads marshall
joystick but not what is usually asked
« on: 05:27 AM - 01/03/19 »
hi all. its been a rather long time since I've been here mainly due to playing nothing but elite dangerous for the last few years.

I have for the game the xbox hotas and it works great but with the last update and new controls needed it got me thinking about using my xim4 to bind certain functions to a keyboard.

question is can I use the hotas plugged in as normal and then use the xim4, plugged into to xbox on a separate usb to bind functions to a keyboard and have them both run alongside each other.

I could try but I need to dig out my xim and before search the garage etc for it I thought someone might know if its a yes or no

camping, we hide with pride

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: joystick but not what is usually asked
« Reply #1 on: 06:32 AM - 01/03/19 »
If plugging the XIM and joystick into separate USB ports on the console, that won't work as they'll register as Player 1 and Player 2.

What I would recommend here is a Titan Two. Bang your XIM4 setup into INPUT-A (m, kb, controller) and your Hotas into INPUT-B. Titan Two will combine the two device inputs into a single output on XB1.

Alternately, Hotas in INPUT-A and keyboard in INPUT-B of the Titan Two if no mouse is required. That opens up a tonne more binding options on the kb as XIM will only pass through keys bound to in-game Actions.

However, XIM4 does support the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, so it may be worth attempting to plug the joystick into a XIM4 USB port before forking out for a T2.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline ade666

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mads marshall
« Reply #2 on: 07:19 AM - 01/03/19 »
thanks for the reply. never thought of that and It makes perfect sense. I shall give the xim a try before looking at the titan

many thanks
camping, we hide with pride

Offline itay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:18 PM - 01/24/19 »
Hi guys, so I have xim apex connected to 3d pro and g13, works perfect but one issue.  3d pro is at mouse port and g13 as keyboard.
Joystick on both, and g13 do as the same movement as 3d pro.
I don't really sure that it is the right setup or some around it, also, I got the same button register on both, like 3 and 3 again, then when flying, acecombat7, got two different actions on one movement.
I've tried to setup at the manager, but I don't know what the difference between the z y left or right axis .
I do have a feeling that it's possible. Just need to understand what it means first.
It should be the look so the g13 left stick.
Also look like they both register same when mapping buttons.
I thought looking for the setup at the game it self, maybe controller invert left right stick can do the trick.
One last thing, with xim link, connected to pc, can I macro with titan one connected in some way?
And last future question if I may, hotas x56 may work with analog movement stick and mapping sticks translate? I can keep ask alot of question...
Btw,.just wanted to say that I'm impressed from the community here, and admire the service with xim product works flawless.
I do open to help with what I can to help

Let me know if you up to figure it out. I can get what ever is necessary for testing to...
Enjoy your weekend, itay.