XIM Community

Problems with mouse only pointing up  (Read 376 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Problems with mouse only pointing up
« Reply #15 on: 10:34 AM - 01/04/19 »
The app shows the firmware flash occurring but it doesn't actually change? No errors?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Savka

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Savka
« Reply #16 on: 09:36 AM - 01/05/19 »
Sorry for the delay been working and also sick. Currently at work, I will try it again tonight and watch closer and let you know. When I tried before, it did not error at all, but it did not let me flash the firmware. It just let me reset to factory. After the reset it still said I had the latest firmware, didnt allow me to click to upgrade firmware because I had the latest even after reset. So I just copied my configs back over.

Offline Savka

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05:21 PM - 01/05/19 »
Well apparently I forgot to save all my configs when I was testing this factory reset again. However, after doing a reset with the older XIM3MANAGER, and then again with the latest version (never changing firmware version), it is now working. So it appears somehow my configurations had gotten corrupt? Only downfall is I spent years fine tuning those configs and now need to redo them :(
But on the bright side, it is now working again!

Offline Savka

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:27 PM - 01/05/19 »
Well now the only thing I noticed upon redoing my configurations is that the joystick acceleration is applying to the mouse movements. So my slow steady mouse movement speeds up and has higher sensitivity vs my quick jerky movements. I dont recall that being an issue before? Thought the Xim applied the full joystick movement bypassing the acceleration. It's been a while since I've had to reconfigure so may be missing something.

**Looked into it further, it's only in certain games:
   CS:GO, Borderlands 2, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
« Last Edit: 08:00 PM - 01/05/19 by Savka »