XIM Community

New to Xim compatibility question  (Read 442 times)

Offline slingshot_dB

• View Profile
New to Xim compatibility question
« on: 01:03 PM - 12/29/18 »
Hey Folks,

Iím hoping to get a little feedback on whether the gear Iím looking at will be a compatible setup so I donít have to hassle with a bunch of returns. Let me preface by saying Iíve tried to search these forums extensively and watched a lot of setup videos, but Iím still a little unclear on the compatibility of specifically the game keypad Iím currently looking at.

This will all be on a PS4.

-PS4
-Xim Apex
-I need a USB extension as this is in a home theater setup. Any suggestions here? It needs to be at least 10 feet. Are there usb extensions that long that can carry data?
-Xim hub
-G502 mouse (read that this is the best budget option) Would the highest DPI Pictek mouse work or is it best not to skimp out in this area?
-Delux T9 gaming keypad Delux T9 46-Key Singlehanded Wired Gaming Keyboard Professional Ergonomic Gameboard https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QE1XH8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_.X7jCbNZ6H1JP
Anyone here used this product or are these pretty basic and itís no big deal?
- I only have the 1st gen PS4 controller. Am I right seeing Iíll need a newer V2?

So based on this info does it seem this set up will work? Granted I find a good extension to plug everything in with. I would prefer not to pull the PS4 off itís shelf if possible.

I Ďgrew upí PC gaming and love the idea of being able to use a kB/m on console. Any help at all is appreciated. If this is posted in the wrong area please forgive me. Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: 03:05 PM - 01/06/19 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: New to Xim compatibility question
« Reply #1 on: 09:38 PM - 12/29/18 »
Welcome to the community. The extension is something I definitely would like to see if anyone else in the community is using and it's length. The G502 is a great mouse. I unfortunately can comment on the rest of the hardware but hopefully others will comment.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline slingshot_dB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:48 AM - 12/31/18 »
Thanks for your response. I decided to give it a shot. It should all be arriving today. Iíll report back here to let everyone know.

Thanks.

Offline bhuvi100x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:12 AM - 01/04/19 »
Please confirm if they worked nicely as I am looking into a recommended set?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 04:43 AM - 01/04/19 »

-Delux T9 gaming keypad Delux T9 46-Key Singlehanded Wired Gaming Keyboard Professional Ergonomic Gameboard https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QE1XH8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_.X7jCbNZ6H1JP
Apparently (reading the Amazon feedback) the Delux T9 doesn't have onboard memory. That's a dealbreaker for me. The keypad in my sig does, but they don't make it any more. Search for one handed keypad on Amazon and you'll find identical versions that do (i.e.).
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline slingshot_dB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:07 AM - 01/06/19 »
Hey I just wanted to report back to let everyone know that this setup works great including the usb extension. I put the Apex at the console side of the exsrension if anyone was curious. One thing to note is that the old PS4 controller did indeed work but it just wonít pass audio if you decide to use a headset. Maybe thatís old news but I seemed to remember reading that the Apex just wouldnít work at all in that scenario.

Another note would be if youíre using the 502 and want to set the buttons (specifically the DPI buttons and the profile assign button) to keystrokes on the keypad you must allow it to change settings on your computer or you wonít be able to assign any keystrokes to the mouse. I missed that prompt and it took me a moment to figure that one out.

Iím not sure I have a reason to want a keypad with memory but I could see if youíre running macros that would be nice.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.