XIM Community

XIM Potential and real performance  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Gabrymit

• View Profile
XIM Potential and real performance
« on: 07:06 AM - 07/21/08 »
Hi Everyone,

I spent the last three hours looking into this forum, and everywhere else but i couldn't find the answers to a couple of simple questions due to the amount of information/topics that are around.

Maybe you can answer or redirect me.

1 - How good is the performance with MK on XBOX360/XIM, how good compared to xfps/sfj combo?   How similar to a PC experience, and definetely is it worth the money?? (i already have a xfps sniper 3.0 plus) , i mean how's the mouse lag etc...

2 - Could i really play a FPS with a Wiimote just having XIM, PC and XBOX360??? Couldn't find anything about that... Thx.

Apologies if it is something that has already been explained (more than likely)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM Potential and real performance
« Reply #1 on: 08:41 AM - 07/21/08 »
How do you feel about your XFPS's performance? XIM (v1) improves on the XFPS because it's rich configuration options make the game more playable (for example, the XFPS talks about "deadzone", but, XIM talks about deadzone shape and size). XIM360 *v2) eliminates the XFPS so it's no longer restricted to the XFPS's lag and resolution restrictions. So, even though some games may not be able to be adapted well using XIM1, they can be using XIM2.

About the Wiimote, I haven't really publicized this much yet, but, XIM2's software will support the Wiimote. It'll be considered "beta" though. I need to spend more time tweaking it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Gabrymit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:57 AM - 07/21/08 »
Hi, and thanks for your answer.

To be honest, the XFPS is obiouvsly a big scam, i suffer much both the deadzone and the mouse lag (which is pretty much huge).

At the moment i don't play online (with the 360 at least), but having a fps hardcore fan past, i obiouvsly can't stand the controller to play FPS. I'm sure to play online the XIM or XIM2 will be a MUST, but for me , to frag a couple of AI soldiers i'm not sure of how much it is worth the money. (altough GOW is almost unplayable with that deadzone)

So my question was, would i be better off buying a smartjoy frag (15 GBP) to get the job done, or this XIM(i'm not sure of the price) is completely another world?

But i must admit, i saw you playing an FPS with a wiimote (altough it was just a demonstration).. i must admit, i was pretty much shocked.

If i could play a XBOX360 game with the wiimote i'll definetely go for the next XIM versions, a shame that we are still behind with that...

But grats for all your work, you obiouvsly have a lot of fans!!

And thanks for the answers

Offline azeledge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:26 PM - 07/21/08 »
About the Wiimote, I haven't really publicized this much yet, but, XIM2's software will support the Wiimote. It'll be considered "beta" though. I need to spend more time tweaking it.

AWESOME very cool! :)
- AzelEdge -
"No matter where you go there you are"

Offline skavenger216

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:36 PM - 07/21/08 »
So my question was, would i be better off buying a smartjoy frag (15 GBP) to get the job done, or this XIM(i'm not sure of the price) is completely another world?

I posted in another thread about the XFPS=SJF combo.  While it works pretty well, its nowhere near the precision and responsiveness that you will get out of the XIM1.  Definately go for the XIM over the SJF,  well worth the extra cash, and if you build your own its not that expensive ( I built my XIM for less than $35 USD)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:06 PM - 07/21/08 »
I would compare the XFPS and the XIM as follows.

xfps -Playing a game with a mouse and keyboard using your hands to control the keyboard and your .....feet to control the mouse

Xim -playing the game with both hands and having precision to point at what you want to kill and pull the trigger.

I use both xim 1 and Xim360 - the Difference is huge. However if you have never experienced XIM then it's really something you don't know what you are missing out on, it's really good.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:36 PM - 07/21/08 »
I didnt think this simple question really needed its own thread to waste space on, so ill just ask it here. How's the xim2's performance on gears of war?

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:38 PM - 07/21/08 »
I didnt think this simple question really needed its own thread to waste space on, so ill just ask it here. How's the xim2's performance on gears of war?

I am also wondering about that as well. Does it even perform well with a Logitech mx518?

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:23 PM - 07/21/08 »
The mx518 is possibly the best mouse to use with XIM, its cheap, precise, high dpi, and comfortable. If youve read nick's testing thread you can see that XIM works flawlessly with almost any game. even with the ones it doesnt work so perfectly, its still 100x better then the controller or XFPS

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:27 PM - 07/21/08 »

I was able to start using Xim360 with GOW within 2 minutes I had a config that felt really good. Only thing with gears though is you are limited to the in game sensitivity limits so the highest sensitivity is not nearly as fast as say Cod 4 or Halo 3.

GOW plays really well with GOW, the deadzone was really easy to find with the ximdeadzoner.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:35 AM - 07/22/08 »

GOW plays really well with GOW, the deadzone was really easy to find with the ximdeadzoner.

What does that mean dude? I can wait to play GOW and GOW2 just like it is on PC. Its awesome on PC, but NO ONE IS EVER ONLINE!!!

Offline skavenger216

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:37 AM - 07/22/08 »

What does that mean dude? I can wait to play GOW and GOW2 just like it is on PC. Its awesome on PC, but NO ONE IS EVER ONLINE!!!

I think he meant to say "GOW plays really well with XIM, the deadzone was really easy to find with the ximdeadzoner. "

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:20 AM - 07/22/08 »
I play gears with Xim 1 and it feels great to me ... Not as close as to pc as I would like but I'd say its about 80% as good ..

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:52 PM - 07/22/08 »
I play gears with Xim 1 and it feels great to me ... Not as close as to pc as I would like but I'd say its about 80% as good ..

As you can feel Glenn, you will feel the "limit" on the sensitivity from GOW. Xim maxes it out but can't fight the code the devs put in there. I still love playing it with xim360, feels great and was a config I didn't have to spend that long on to get it working great.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii