XIM Community

Calling All Wrist Aim Players  (Read 4206 times)

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
Re: Calling All Wrist Aim Players
« Reply #15 on: 05:58 PM - 01/01/19 »
im still trying to get the hang of changing my aim style up.. i jump on CS:GO after ten years and bang no worrys but playing on xbox somedays ill top out and other days ill be bottom of the fkn score board... i dont do bottoms..... @#$% man i realize that alot of it is im playing on a console there is aim assists its a differnt type of game... game smarts are not always game translatable.. but like when i tryed sniping with widow .... man i was useless.. but i jump on cs awp.. ffa just scalp after scalp .. same in competitive on there.. i think ive just gotta dail settings better for me ... im a very big wrist aimer.. but i have adopted alot of moving the mouse .. and generally from reading other peoples comments my sens seems to be some what higher then theres .. ATM on cod (and i know its not a real aim) using AA(yes im ashamed) on RMLS setup ive got it down to 55/42.50 and man thats pushing it.. any more and im going to be like that one armed lady at the special olympics 1000meter freestyle(bad joke sorry if i offend any one if its any constellation im part retard ;D) so yes i dunno what to do i stay  at my prefered sense which is AA off around 70/65 or do i try transition to what the people who are good are doing which is lower my sense with smoothing and boosting and using the AA?. atm i trested my thing not with a ruler or nothing i get about 360 off 15 cm... but then i play like this i can rock em close range... but i just dont feel it when im doing long range .. its hard work being a ximer i tell ya. any input would help me brother. thanks.
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline SAB215

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:36 AM - 01/02/19 »
So I deleted my old configs, and started with N1TROs post on OW settings.
(https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=73534.0)

I still found his settings to be a bit slow for me, so I did some tinkering and got them to a decent level for my play style. I need to fine tune the numbers, but I'm at a good mix of arm/wrist aim and find that I can handle micromovements a lot better than before. I feel like 12k DPI is overkill, and the sweet spot is between 3-4k DPI. My previous settings all used 12k DPI and I don't think it plays well with Overwatch, because my R6S profile uses 12k and it feels responsive.

FWIW, I've been between 4030-4150SR since Season 10, and I purchased my XIM at Season 11.

I have two set-ups that I'm going back and forth with, leaning more towards the 3200 DPI settings.

Keep in mind, these are still built around a Wrist Aiming playstyle. If you're used to slower aim, these settings will probably not fit you. I am actively trying to adapt a hybrid aim style, and these are considerably slower than what my old settings were.

Here's a video of some gameplay I had tonight with the 3200DPI setup.

First:
Xim Settings
3200 DPI/1000hz/Common sync
22 Hip, 3 smoothing, .5 steady aim, 300 boost, 150 SAB
15.5 Aux,3 smoothing, .5 steady aim, 350 boost, 150 SAB
*I felt that these settings were OK with Ashe, but I have mainly been experimenting with Widow and getting those right before I turn to fine tune Ashe*

At the higher values, I was experiencing some jitter, and a few increments of XIM smoothing got rid of it, some might be OK with 0.

Second:
Xim Settings
4000 DPI/1000hz/Default Sync
29 Hip, 1 smoothing, .5 steady aim, 350 boost, 150 SAB
21.5 Aux,0 smoothing, .5 steady aim, 333 boost, 150 SAB
*I have an Ashe profile setting that is the exact same values except for 25 Sensitivity since her scoped speed is different than Widow*

Overwatch Settings:
100 AA Strength, 25 Aim Assist Window, 75 Aim Assist Ease In, 0 Smoothing, 0 Ease In, Exponential Ramp

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:57 AM - 01/02/19 »
haha im tinkering at same sort of area cept im trying 12k dpi my last ones were 4500 dpi ? that was good but i didnt use widow i used reaper/soldier/rien mainly bastion when needed
i really wanna get my aimer dialed in tho for sniping .. atm on common sync im trying hip 4 scope 2
everything else same as u ecept no steady aim and no smoothing the only problem im having is the grabbyness of the aa window at differnt points

Offline SAB215

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:09 AM - 01/02/19 »
Adding some Steady Aim will allow you to cut through the AA a bit, same with Boost.

Best way to test settings is in a Headshot Only FFA lobby for whatever character you're dialing in.

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:14 AM - 01/02/19 »
ill try it out now.. i was just in one b4 and it was like a 50/50 chance that if i flick it ill get the head or itll go 3 cm past em lol if ur in oceanic region id love a game mate add us up if ya keen, but thanks for your help either way

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #20 on: 07:07 PM - 01/02/19 »
Tones of idiots hate the best thing to do is just laugh it off after all who gives two shots what some idiots think. If you are good people will watch. People will envy you and harass you for using xim but if you just laugh at them or ignore them they @#$% off tbh I love it it really gives me a sense of fulfillment hearing shitheads whining it's hilarious.

PS those two do get hate all the time they just don't care and just ignore them. If you don't want to deal with it that's up to you.
I understand but I'm a Realtor (Estate Agent for our UK friends) and people were connecting me with my real life work. problems..

Fair enough that's incredibly sad hope things worked out for you.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:06 AM - 01/05/19 »
yer man haters ganna hate... they hate you cause they aint you?

any ways.. on the wrist aiming topic ive been battling to change my style to arm cause i hear its superior today i got a cloth mouse pad g640 by logitec.. and i swear i cant wrist aim on it.. i tweaked my settings alil and i feel like im playing slower, but the score board dont lie. ive only played Blackout so far, but instantly i am doing big long swipes and finding my targets.

so i believe that if you want to be an arm aimer get a big cloth pad, and use the whole thing mines like 40x30 or something ridiculous and im using alot of it, but its making my movements alot smoother and alot more precise i highly recommend trying it ill update after i try overwatch and MP modes, but seriously it forces me to stop wrist aiming because the pad dosnt like it,

Offline SAB215

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:28 PM - 02/27/19 »
Update to these settings if anyone still falls into this category.

Changed some things around, but I've been really on point with these settings. Was in T500 around 4150 but tanked SR trying to get to 4200. Widow stats are at 56% Scoped, 27% HS.

Link to RML Anti AA curves here: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0

All characters except Ana/Widow/Ashe
9000DPI, Default sync
10.50 Sens, RML Hip Curve
This can be adjusted +/- depending on the characters. (Tracer is up to 11, McCree is down to 10 for me)

Widow/Ana
9000 DPI, Default Sync
10.50 Hip Sens, using RML Hip curve
6.0 AUX Sens, ADS translator, using RML Sniper curve

Ashe
9000 DPI, Default Sync
10.50 Hip, RML Hip Curve
7.0 AUX sens, ADS translator, RML Jetliner Curve

OW Settings
For most characters, I'm running AA Window of 25, Aim Assist Ease In of 75, AA Strength at 100.
I bump up some characters windows to around 30-40 if they're tracking dependent like Tracer, Zarya,Soldier.
Projectile, drop the AA strength to around 70, and ease in to 50, window of 30.

Widow is 22 Window, 100 Strength, 100 AA Ease In.
Ashe is 18 Window, 80 Ease in, 90 AA Strength.
Ana is 30 Window just because of the Friendly AA interaction, mirror all other Widow settings.

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:49 PM - 02/27/19 »
hey man im ganna give this a try n get ready for the next season um do you by chance have a config code for latest beta firmware?

Offline cyraxro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CyraxRO
« Reply #24 on: 05:49 AM - 02/28/19 »
Good read. Thanks all for their inputs :)

Offline SAB215

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08:52 AM - 03/01/19 »
hey man im ganna give this a try n get ready for the next season um do you by chance have a config code for latest beta firmware?

I don't. I've actually reverted to April 2018 Firmware, as I felt the recent updates broke things with Overwatch aiming, and I didn't find any of the Beta features to enhance anything.