XIM Community

Xbox player. Can someone recommend best MONITOR for competitive.  (Read 1111 times)

Offline radrook

• View Profile
Hey guys, I play on xbox and really want to order a new monitor for xbox. Right now i use one of my crappy monitors i use to use for my pc.

Now I dont know much about monitors and when it comes to console. I know theres 4k monitors and the xbox x supports 4k.  Now my question is this, from what i read, the xbox x cant support anything over 60fps ,

Now correct me if im wrong here im not sure: but so im debating maybe i should get a 4k since they max out only to 60hz and since the xbox x maxes out at 60fps anyways , essentrially i would be getting best of both worlds max what xbox x fps can handle plus all the prettiness that comes with the 4k. But idk how much of all that is really true. Like does a 4k really handle a smooth 60fps or not.

If  ppl can tell me 4k makes a huge difference on xbox x maybe ill consider. But for me as long as the colors look good im fine.

Im wondering if i should just get a good 144hz gaming monitor , so that way i get best performance for competitive and also i could switch back and forth and use it for my pc also.  Just seeing whats a good monitor you would recommened. ?

i see a lot of benQ being talked about but price tag is up there, idk if theres a good alternative to a benq out there at cheaper price or not. just seeing your guys thoughts. Thank you.

Offline synflood

• View Profile
C27gh70 by Samsung offers 1440p atv120hz, its curved allows you to see the whole screen easier your clothes which is great for keyboard and mouse and it has one of the best stock desk stand. You won't find lower input delay or lag numbers. 1440p offers the frame rate advantage of 1080p while still giving just as good graphics as 4K

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
Console competitive is no longer on BenQ, they use asus 1080p 144Hz monitors.
Please Delete My Account

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
I just got this monitor " https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/28--uh750-uhd-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lu28h750uqnxza/ " , and  the colors in this thing are amazing...even in game mode. I can tell right away that when i play Blops 4, my gun to gun encounters feel more fair and when i watch the kill cam it seems on sync with what i saw in my screen. but network lag...well  that's another beast.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
If you're on Xbox, you're not going to get a lot out of a 144hz monitor. There's nary a game in the land that goes above 60fps on console.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
Im in the market also for a new monitor (27" or smaller $350.00 range).So any advice given would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
C27gh70 by Samsung offers 1440p atv120hz, its curved allows you to see the whole screen easier your clothes which is great for keyboard and mouse and it has one of the best stock desk stand. You won't find lower input delay or lag numbers. 1440p offers the frame rate advantage of 1080p while still giving just as good graphics as 4K

I also own this monitor and I recommend it. Itís also worth noting you can play @120hz 1440p Freesync2 off or 60hz freesync2 on if you own the Xbox one x.

Offline RedManMosh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RedManMosh
Xbox x supports 120hz, of course your not gonna get that many frames. 120hz at 60fps will give you better input lag thus more of a competitive edge.

Offline CAL50vengeance

• R6 Siege - check out my youtube channel.
    • View Profile
    • Xim.R6siege.apeX@YouTube
  • PSN ID: Just PM I got a few..
I just got this monitor " https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/28--uh750-uhd-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lu28h750uqnxza/ " , and  the colors in this thing are amazing...even in game mode. I can tell right away that when i play Blops 4, my gun to gun encounters feel more fair and when i watch the kill cam it seems on sync with what i saw in my screen. but network lag...well  that's another beast.
I have this monitor too.. It's great. 24inch was ok but way to small for me, getting old haha. Also consider all console games can't change FOV/or use 4:3 stretch etc. Battlefield u can but only FOV so headshots on a 28inch is much easier to pull off that's for sure.
Visit my RAINBOW SIX SIEGE YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZctiLjcd9Jskxijer8BuA

# Logitech G Pro wireless
# Razer Blackwiddow Tournament edition.
# Samsung 28 inch. 1ms with 4K option.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
Samsung C27FG70 or C24FG70 are great 27" and 24" monitors respectively. They use curved 144Hz 1080p VA panels that are almost as fast as TN with almost the colors and blacks of an IPS monitor. I'm a huge fan of mine, besides the fact that the stand takes up more desk space and is a little more awkward than an Asus stand.
Please Delete My Account