XIM Community

Sequence of commands releasing/activating a config button. GHOSTING!  (Read 826 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
BF5 is extremely sensitive to the button release in the commo rose. You could say its not well done but it still shows a XIM weakness.

In my case in BF5 I can not make the commo rose work with the joystick. I have inverted the joysticks, the subconfig is activated by the spot key and the same key is set to spot in that subconfig. So with the Azeron/G13/Sony stick you are able to navigate the rose perfectly. pressing the spot key you activate the subconfig, the joysticks are inverted, the spot key is pressed and held.
But now comes the problem. The choice in the rose is activated by release of the spot button while holding the joystick. When the spot button is released the rose command chosen and highlighted is not executed. It is seldomly so I think it’s a timing problem. It seems to me, when the spot button is released that is also holding the subconfig in place and active, first the joystick isn't inverted anymore meaning the rose choice is cancelled and only then the spot command gets deactivated.

What also happens, the joystick gets inverted first when activating the subconfig and then the spot button is pressed. You can see when you are walking and you press the spot subconfig button. The inverted stick (that seems to be activated first) will make you flip view a lot before the spot key is pressed and the commo rose comes up.

I mean all this is ghosting, like a keyboard that can not activate multiple commands simultaneously. The Apex has no ghosting when it comes to commands within the same subconfig but it does when switching subconfigs.

I also doublechecked I have no activation delay or smooth transition on.

Please correct me if I am wrong if I just overlooked something but I think we need an advanced button in the activation menu, "cancel activation first (on release)". The commo rose would work perfectly in any game. Or Ghosting when switching profiles has to be eliminated completely meaning the activation button, a button pressed and the changes in the config happen simultaneously.
« Last Edit: 11:44 PM - 12/18/18 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
This is all really complicated but if I'm understanding correctly then adding a delay to the AUX page and or using a secondary key for spot may help with this issue.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Or just use turn assist on an auxiliary with low sens to hold the direction and then release the Aux activation key and it's all good. You don't need to swap sticks, complicates things too much.
« Last Edit: 10:44 AM - 12/19/18 by RML »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
OK will try turn assist but key sequence not simultaneous  is still an issue imho.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
OK will try turn assist but key sequence not simultaneous  is still an issue imho.

It works nicely, just make sure you use lower sensitivity, makes it easier to control, feels more like a thumbstick.

I believe OBsIV is currently working on the other issue.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Now with turn assist I stumble into a similar key sequence problem again. It is not possible to assign a subconfig "test" to for example mouse forward, assign aim assist in "test" to mouse forward and spot button in "test" to mouse forward. For me this would be logical. pressing mouse forward enters "test" oh look there is aim assist already pressed so its activated, oh look the is spot already pressed so its activated. Well thatís not how it goes. Spot is recognised but aim assist is not, you would need to press another key.

So is there a one button press and let go way to activate the commo rose? Do I need to set this up in the hip config?

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
I don't know how to make the como rose auxiliary activation the same as the turn assist button in the same auxiliary.  I think this would be helpful if it was possible.  Maybe a feature in the future?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
I am now running it on hip with secondary spot on mouse forward which activates aim assist within hip. It works even for commander commo rose but I HAVE to let go of the grenade bumper first or it will not work.  Quiet frustrating.

Should be hardcoded in the ST, I am serious. Under "Map" and "guide" put in "commo rose" and make it work well.