XIM Community

Problem with sony nav  (Read 430 times)

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
Problem with sony nav
« on: 07:56 AM - 12/17/18 »
Anybody have a clue as to why my sony nav keeps disconnecting/stops working ?
This ain't a war, anymore than a war between men and maggots. Or, dragons and wolves. Or, men riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots.

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
Re: Problem with sony nav
« Reply #1 on: 10:12 AM - 12/17/18 »
Keep it charged as it wonít charge while being connected to the xim. All my Nav issues have been with dead/low battery
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro

Offline Rebelboy0075

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rebelboy0075
« Reply #2 on: 11:13 AM - 12/17/18 »
I bought a second sony nav because they are so cheap, that way I always have a charged one ready to go. I will say they last a pretty long time.
Xim Apex - Sony Nav - Logitech G502 Proteus (12K Dpi/1000 hz) - Logitech G440 Pad - Acer XF251Q

Online Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #3 on: 10:30 PM - 12/17/18 »
The funny thing is that it never disconnects during the action. For me it disconnects in between rounds or when I die (Overwatch) even with the power hub thingy. Something that ended up working for me is do not connect a headphone to the controller, turn off controller rumble, notify maximum turn speed, and breathe light. Basically anything that can be turned off not related to the actual gameplay. And maybe use an easier color not sure if it'd drain less power. I'm using white.

Offline SwipeFPS

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Classified.
« Reply #4 on: 03:02 AM - 12/18/18 »
Just started having this problem also donít know why

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:31 AM - 12/18/18 »
How do you charge a nav controller do i just plug it in to the ps4 or a wall outlet ? I have it plugged into ps4 and the light flashes red does this mean its charging ?
This ain't a war, anymore than a war between men and maggots. Or, dragons and wolves. Or, men riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots.

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:38 AM - 12/18/18 »
Also i should point out that im using it as a wired controller what usually happens is ill be walking and either ill just stop completely or keep going in whatever direction i was last walking in but only way to fix this is to unplug the apex

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:15 AM - 12/18/18 »
The nav must be connected to a PC or console to charge. The nav is prone to a few things that cause stability issues like this such as:

- a faulty cable
- a faulty nav port
- a low or weak charging battery

Please start by fully charging the nav. Attach it directly to the console for 2-3 hours. I recommend connecting the controller directly to the console to charge during this time as well. Do not connect to a hub or XIM when charging.

If the issue continues replacing the cable would be the next step. If the issue is still there we can troubleshoot by using the nav in wireless mode. This will troubleshoot against all of these nav issues. The results will tell us whether your disconnect is related to the nav or if we should look elsewhere. Here are instructions on how to do this:

NAV off
XIM off
Controller in XIM Port 3 "..."
NAV in XIM Port 1 "."
XIM on
Connect manager and make sure NAV shows up
Unplug NAV
Confirm wireless NAV shows up in manager

Please play for a while in this configuration and let us know if you experience a disconnect.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin