XIM Community

This new bo4 update is making me get little to no target assist @OBsIV READ THIS  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LETS UPDATE FIRMWARE RANDOMLY
Ever since this new update has launched, I am getting the worst aim assist ever. I don't know if it's because of the new ads sensitivity feature they added to the game, but I NEVER had this problem. I've played pros for money already in this game and beat them no problem. WHEN IS THERE GOING TO BE AN UPDATE FOR THIS GAME ON THE XIM MANAGER?! I've haven't got an update for it yet, so I'm most likely sure that's the reason for all of this.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. There have been no changes to the game look mechanic so there is no need to update support at the moment. You're not alone though, there are other players complaining about the recent aim assist changes. I recommend voicing your opinion in the channels that the game developer follows such as the game's reddit or social media.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Tony Venom

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iLL Konfirmed
  • PSN ID: HeadCRACK-_-
I agree that the look mechanics are still the same, but the movement speeds and who knows what else seems to be out of wack. We all understand you guys are constantly busy but we'd appreciate if you revisited the smart translator and considered a retrain of it to see whats really been changed. Thanks!

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
I agree because something has definitely been changed. It doesn't feel the same as it used to be.

Offline Spyke_357

• View Profile
Wouldn't a retrain of the ST be necessary seeing as the ads  max turn speed would have changed?...

Offline AkyyUK

• View Profile
Wouldn't a retrain of the ST be necessary seeing as the ads  max turn speed would have changed?...

Thats what i was thinking too^^

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

ADS was retrained over the weekend and there were no changes to the look mechanic. I've talked about it over here:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=73247.msg733982#msg733982

I'll need to take a look at which values to use now.

edit: ADS Sensitivity should be set to 1.0

High Zoom Sensitivity is an unknown because the ST is not trained with a scope higher than 4x.
« Last Edit: 03:38 PM - 12/17/18 by mist4fun »

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile

ADS was retrained over the weekend and there were no changes to the look mechanic. I've talked about it over here:

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=73247.msg733982#msg733982

I'll need to take a look at which values to use now.

edit: ADS Sensitivity should be set to 1.0

High Zoom Sensitivity is an unknown because the ST is not trained with a scope higher than 4x.

Multiple people are having this problem. That's is how I know something changed. Just woke up one day, got on with the SAME settings and suddenly it feels different...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Ruhward, if there are changes to the game they are not related to the look mechanics that are supported. Your Black Ops 4 config contains two Smart Translators that translate your mouse movement to stick movement. Each game is trained for 12-24 hours using computer vision to learn the game's look mechanic. The game was trained over the weekend and the ADS results match the ADS look mechanic at launch. It's important to remember that I haven't come to this conclusion based on how things feel, this is computer generated data. I recommend setting the new ADS settings to 1x for now.

There is the possibility that pre-patch the game was not using a 1.0 value for high zoom sensitivity but there is no way to know this currently. I've queued a physical copy of the game so that I can train and compare before and after the patch.

Edit: This may not be possible. A quick google search shows that you may not be able to play BO4 offline without first installing a game update. If this is the case I won't be able to train a scope comparison before and after this patch.
« Last Edit: 04:47 PM - 12/17/18 by mist4fun »

Offline Spyke_357

• View Profile
Thank you for your attention on this. It is appreciated

But it just feels like we're not taking advantage of the new settings?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I've trained with the new settings and there is no difference from ADS Sensitivity 1x or 4x. High Zoom settings are unknown. The ADS Sensitivity setting seems to be useful to people who aren't using the max in-game Hip sensitivity.

Offline yaas2.0

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: tokoloshe2
I've trained with the new settings and there is no difference from ADS Sensitivity 1x or 4x. High Zoom settings are unknown. The ADS Sensitivity setting seems to be useful to people who aren't using the max in-game Hip sensitivity.

Mist thank you for taking the time to look into it. It’s strange that it doesn’t change the change for a high hip sensitivity, if I use a controller I do feel a difference

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
If it adds timed acceleration then depending on how long the stick needs to be pegged to activate it the trainer may not be picking it up. I do see these reports and I would like to be able to say there is a change and I'm working on it but the before and after results are identical.

Offline Ruhward

• View Profile
I agree that the look mechanics are still the same, but the movement speeds and who knows what else seems to be out of wack. We all understand you guys are constantly busy but we'd appreciate if you revisited the smart translator and considered a retrain of it to see whats really been changed. Thanks!

I figured out why I was getting little to no aim assist and why it was feeling weird in general. It was the firmware I was using. The newest firmware is terrible imo for bo4. I reverted back to the old firmware and I'm back to normal.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I figured out why I was getting little to no aim assist and why it was feeling weird in general. It was the firmware I was using. The newest firmware is terrible imo for bo4. I reverted back to the old firmware and I'm back to normal.

Could you tell us what version you were running but are running now?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.