XIM Community

One hand keyboard  (Read 1005 times)

Offline BLM3L3SS

• View Profile
One hand keyboard
« on: 10:38 PM - 12/15/18 »
Hi guys what's the best one hand keyboard for xim apex??? I'm trying to buy one...but dont know which one????

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: One hand keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 03:57 PM - 12/16/18 »
Do you prefer to move with keys or a thumbstick?

Razer Orbweaver and Tartarus are excellent devices, but the thumbpad is digital. That's great if you want to use it as a d-pad, but not for movement. If I wasn't left-handed, Orbweaver would be my weapon-of-choice.

If you prefer analog thumb movement, Logitech G13 is the way to go, however they're no longer in production. Sony Nav paired with a Logitech G502 is fairly common here, though Navs too are no longer being produced.

Some of us are have started using Azeron gamepads. They make lefty and righty versions, so it's the first time I've been able to use analog movement. I really like it, but the thumbstick needs to be improved for more fine movement control, so I'd be hesitant to recommend it for multiplayer games. A new Compact version is releasing soon, hopefully with a better thumbstick.

For multiplayer, I personally use an Ergodox EZ ortholinear keyboard. It's expensive, but my favourite gaming kb thanks to the thumb key cluster and split design.

I backed the Coolermaster ControlPad on Kickstarter to experiment with analog keys. I also have a Wooting Two ordered, but I only wanted that for the analog numpad and the ControlPad fills the same role. Wootings are great keyboards, but it won't replace my Ergodox, so I've sold the W2 to piiwii where it'll find a happier home.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline BLM3L3SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:24 PM - 12/16/18 »
I prefer move with keys

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:59 PM - 12/16/18 »
Do you prefer to move with keys or a thumbstick?

Razer Orbweaver and Tartarus are excellent devices, but the thumbpad is digital. That's great if you want to use it as a d-pad, but not for movement. If I wasn't left-handed, Orbweaver would be my weapon-of-choice.

If you prefer analog thumb movement, Logitech G13 is the way to go, however they're no longer in production. Sony Nav paired with a Logitech G502 is fairly common here, though Navs too are no longer being produced.

Some of us are have started using Azeron gamepads. They make lefty and righty versions, so it's the first time I've been able to use analog movement. I really like it, but the thumbstick needs to be improved for more fine movement control, so I'd be hesitant to recommend it for multiplayer games. A new Compact version is releasing soon, hopefully with a better thumbstick.

For multiplayer, I personally use an Ergodox EZ ortholinear keyboard. It's expensive, but my favourite gaming kb thanks to the thumb key cluster and split design.

I backed the Coolermaster ControlPad on Kickstarter to experiment with analog keys. I also have a Wooting Two ordered, but I only wanted that for the analog numpad and the ControlPad fills the same role. Wootings are great keyboards, but it won't replace my Ergodox, so I've sold the W2 to piiwii where it'll find a happier home.

I had never heard of this Ergodox EZ keypad/board.... my interest is highly peaked... cheers!

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:35 PM - 12/16/18 »
I know everyone is rolling their eyes at MS's keyboard initiative and thinking "oh this again" but I'm being super optimistic and assuming they're going to push this harder than they or Sony have in the past.

Assuming I'm correct, I think we'll see a new era of for-the-living-room devices, such as:

1) More Nav options.
2) More one hand keyboard options.
3) A greater emphasis on analogue keyboards (cause a lot of console gamers will find this attractive IMO) with more affordable prices.
4) A trend towards mice with more buttons, like the G502, to compliment a Nav combo style setup. 

Or perhaps I'm just dreaming!
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 04:15 AM - 12/17/18 »
I know everyone is rolling their eyes at MS's keyboard initiative and thinking "oh this again" but I'm being super optimistic and assuming they're going to push this harder than they or Sony have in the past.

Assuming I'm correct, I think we'll see a new era of for-the-living-room devices, such as:

1) More Nav options.
3) A greater emphasis on analogue keyboards (cause a lot of console gamers will find this attractive IMO) with more affordable prices.
4) A trend towards mice with more buttons, like the G502, to compliment a Nav combo style setup. 

I think you're dreaming.
But I hope you're right.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
« Reply #6 on: 09:05 AM - 12/17/18 »
The only other device that I would add to the list, already mentioned by Antithesis, is the Dygma https://www.dygma.com/. It has a standard staggered key setup. If you don't mind or prefer ortholinear then you're best off with an Orbweaver or Ergodox.
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:22 PM - 12/17/18 »

1) More Nav options.

I think you're dreaming.
But I hope you're right.

I probably am dreaming lol. But hey a man can dream!
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Admin