XIM Community

Infinity Ward confirms Modern Warfare 4.  (Read 508 times)

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
PS4 Pro & XB1 X | BenQ RL2755T 
Glorious Model O | 3200 DPI | 500Hz
Lioncast LK200
Corsair MM350
Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Ward confirms Modern Warfare 4.
« Reply #1 on: 08:53 PM - 12/14/18 »
Yeah, the rumors have been going around for a while but there are some fake shots which don't really confirm it. As for its quality? I think even faux-Infinity Ward are better devs than Treyarch or SHG only if because their netcode is much better and that's the #1 thing in an online FPS. But people are getting excited because some former IW devs came back from Respawn and all I have to say is: is that really good news? I mean, have you played either of the Titanfall games? *vomit emoji*

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:27 AM - 12/15/18 »
Keep in mind that 10 years ago "Modern Wafare" was how you know it in COD4, MW2, MW3.

Today we have all sorts of micro processors and technological gimmicks, which woould make a Modern Warfare 4 COD play more like "Modern Gadgets 4", i. e. similar to Advanced Warfare or GHosts for that matter (wallhack UAV etc.). So not exactly the same game feel we had 10 years ago.

I feel like the only scenario I'd really prefer is the vietnam era, as it was in BO1. You had a nice variety of weapons (unlike WW2 era) but still not many technological gadgets and gimmicks like exploding robo-spiders that follow you and whatnot.

And when you look at all the pointless and cheesy gadgets they put into Infinite Warfare, you know exactly they will try to shove all this nonsense inside MW4.

We need to face the facts, the games are beeing catered towards the 10 yo little timmies, who dont have a high standard on anything as long as it looks shiny, fancy, "cool" and "awesome". They then spend their parents' money on pointless shiny pixels in a game that lasts for max 3 months, before it loses 90% of its playerbase and barely anyone plays it. Grown up gamers, who are usually smarter than 10 yrs olds (but not allways), tend to not spend alot of money or any money at all on stuff that gets irrelevant after 3 months, so Activision cant extract as much Supply Drop Money out of them as from 10 yrs old Timmie nothumbs and his friends. That is exactly the reason why the skill gap is beeing neutralized further with each update and addition to the game and each new COD installment.

Sorry to ruin your excitement @ TS, but those are facts that can be observed by anyone if you just pay a little bit of attention to where the franchise is heading. Activision saw how much money Fortnite generated by selling shiny skins to 10 years olds, they got jealous and are trying to copy it now.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cityfriedrice
« Reply #3 on: 02:27 PM - 12/16/18 »
Lol that lame who made that reddit post said Titanfall 2 map design was bad. Titanfall 1 was a chaotic mess of a game and Titanfall 2 improved it in every way. Most of the best maps in the franchise where made by the lead MP dev at IW now...he also made Crash, Backlot and Pipeline.

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:39 PM - 12/16/18 »
Game will suck purely because of Activision. Lead MP dev is talented..and acutally knows the COD formula. Doesn't matter to me anyway I like titanfall franchise better now. So if it sucks no biggie...beta will tell me all i need to know. If i fire it up and the maps are super linear 3 lane garbage automatic uninstall.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:02 PM - 12/17/18 »
Agree overall, but unfortunately the betas dont tell the whole story. In WW2 they also did put the best maps into the beta, they werent exactly great, but turned out they were alot better than the rest of the maps in the game, which were absolutely terrible.

Yeah I think that IW devs could deliver a great cod experience, but Activision unfortunately has more say about certain aspects of the game than the studio itself (most likely).

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:28 AM - 12/18/18 »
Agree overall, but unfortunately the betas dont tell the whole story. In WW2 they also did put the best maps into the beta, they werent exactly great, but turned out they were alot better than the rest of the maps in the game, which were absolutely terrible.

Yeah I think that IW devs could deliver a great cod experience, but Activision unfortunately has more say about certain aspects of the game than the studio itself (most likely).

I'll be able to tell right off the bat if they let the Titanfall dudes come in and do their thing. The head guy has never made a super linear map ever. Also spawns will be a big tell. I expect every map to have 4+ spawn areas. What we're getting now is 2 spawns and very linear maps = trash gameplay with no flow.

Every single titanfall 2 map has multiple spawn areas. I'd be suprised if it isn't like that in MW4. It's been their MO forever.