XIM Community

Best DPI for XIM Apex Disscussion  (Read 642 times)

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: King Ownage XV
Best DPI for XIM Apex Disscussion
« on: 12:18 PM - 04/21/19 »
Alright so I've been using the XIM products for quite a long time however there is one thing that's really not agreed on with no straight answer. If I ask what's the best DPI that the XIM will work the best with and provide the best mouse movements it's either 3000-4000 or 100000-120000 (So low and high) I really wanna know from people who have created the XIM or people who have used many different configs which one offers a better experience? What's the CORRECT DPI range someone using XIM Apex should be using?
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline realsuperpee

• View Profile
Re: Best DPI for XIM Apex Disscussion
« Reply #1 on: 12:29 PM - 04/21/19 »
There are official videos on YouTube about this

And millions of threads lol
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex | 4000 DPI | 500hz | LG 27UK650 | GPW | Coolermaster MP510 | Ducky One 2 TKL MX Silver

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:31 PM - 04/21/19 »
Even "official" videos contradict each other. That's why I'm asking here, not for the ultimate answer but for a discussion or a debate about which ones better and for what reasons.
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Online d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #3 on: 12:39 PM - 04/21/19 »
There is no answer dude.

Preference comes in to it as does the game you are playing.

Games with very high AA i will generally start with high DPI to help negate the AA.

Games with not much AA i will use 4k as its the top end of the recommended optimum range.

Long story short you can't go wrong between 3 and 16k.

Overall it makes little difference, we're talking minute details.

Your DPI will not win you a gunfight basically.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:59 PM - 04/21/19 »
As someone already mentioned there is no definitive answer for this question. The reality is that the xim works best with every single dpi and given polling rate. It's whatever feels right for the look mechanics of your game. I create brand new configs for every single game and perfect them based on my performance. So I spend hours tweaking until I reach the "perfect settings stigma." Some people just want fast results or get frustrated with that type of process. But I like the challenge and uniqueness that the xim offers. No one config is exactly the same. And to me that is amazing!
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:04 PM - 04/21/19 »
Best will be the highest you can get with no hardware sensor jitter, no sensor smoothing and lowest input lag.

XIM performs better with higher DPI, lower XIM sensitivity, no interpolation.

e.g. G402 can go up to 4000DPI, but at 2000DPI has no hardware jitter sensor performs better overall, then this might be the best DPI for XIM, cleaner and fast the input signal is better.

3200Hz - 4000Hz range is recommended from some users because seems to work better with aim assist. But Aim assist is a coin toss, you might need more or less. 4000Hz IMO is a happy medium.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 05:01 PM - 04/21/19 »
There is no answer dude.

Preference comes in to it as does the game you are playing.

Games with very high AA i will generally start with high DPI to help negate the AA.

Games with not much AA i will use 4k as its the top end of the recommended optimum range.

Long story short you can't go wrong between 3 and 16k.

Overall it makes little difference, we're talking minute details.

Your DPI will not win you a gunfight basically.
Bingo.

As long as you don't get either jitter (high DPI) or pixel-skipping (low DPI), any DPI value is valid.

XIM Tech recommends max DPI, but they don't test against Aim Assist. The community has discovered through trial and error that low DPI can enhance AA, high DPI can negate it.

It really is that simple...

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Kingownagexx

• Xbox Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:29 PM - 04/21/19 »
The reason why the Aim Assist argument doesn't work for me is because I always disable AA if it's an option and the main game I play is R6S which doesn't have any so for people who play with AA they seem to know if they want low or high DPI but for someone who doesn't use AA it's not as clear for me.
XIM Apex - Xbox One X

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:54 PM - 04/21/19 »
The reason why the Aim Assist argument doesn't work for me is because I always disable AA if it's an option and the main game I play is R6S which doesn't have any so for people who play with AA they seem to know if they want low or high DPI but for someone who doesn't use AA it's not as clear for me.
I can understand not using AA on RB6. You obviously have no choice as you've stated. But! To not use it at all on any game :o @#$%! I can't do it bro. I don't see how you do it.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:57 AM - 04/22/19 »
I can understand not using AA on RB6. You obviously have no choice as you've stated. But! To not use it at all on any game :o @#$%! I can't do it bro. I don't see how you do it.
Is not impossible and you might losing a lot for potential from XIM, AA can turn into a crutch. So remove the training wheels (turn AA OFF) lower your sensitivity if necessary and work in your aim.