XIM Community

Bo4 added new ADS sensitivity for scopes  (Read 1928 times)

Offline B0wl_of_weed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: B0wl_of_weed
Bo4 added new ADS sensitivity for scopes
« on: 12:21 PM - 12/11/18 »
Do we need a re train or do we max these out ? Options (Global)
Added ADS Sensitivity Options for both high zoom optics and regular weapons

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: Bo4 added new ADS sensitivity for scopes
« Reply #1 on: 12:24 PM - 12/11/18 »
Mist will look into after he's done with some other STs  he's working on. Chances are they didn't change the look mechanic. So all you probably have to do is adj sens to your preference.

There's a few other threads on this already
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline ryder553

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:03 PM - 12/11/18 »
My aiming is all wonky after this latest BO4 update.
Same in-game settings as before, and same translator.
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline Barry.McCockiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:19 AM - 12/12/18 »
I agree, something felt off but I was still using the old 270 ADS delay; need to up that # to around 400 and see how it feels tonight.
Xbox One X w/ Samsung SSD | XIM Apex | Logitech G305 | Ducky One 2 Mini

Offline effinjamie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: effinjamie
  • PSN ID: effinjamie
« Reply #4 on: 04:32 PM - 12/12/18 »
Something is definitely off, couldnít hit a barn door tonight

Offline wat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:40 PM - 12/12/18 »
my aim feels the same or im not warmed up idk. anyway..

it seems as though this new setting is only beneficial to controller players though as you cant exceed 14 sensitivity no matter what. on 14 1x through 4x is the same speed. below 1x you notice the actual change. if you set your sensitivity to anything below 14 the 1x+ options do their job.

and i was hoping that i could increase my max turn speed on ads by 4x! what a bummer. :-\
BenQ XL2540
Ducky One 2
Finalmouse Ultralight 2
Glorious 3XL
Sennheiser PC37X
MixAmp Pro TR 2019

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:09 PM - 12/14/18 »
That might be the case wat.

I'm seeing the same look mechanic between the current ST and the one I trained last night with the new max ADS settings. This tells me that either wat is correct and it's not used with such a high in-game sensitivity or the new setting doesn't apply to iron sights which is what is used to train ADS. If it relates to iron sights this means that maxing the setting probably isn't best as it would create inconsistency between iron sight ADS and scoped ADS. Instead we should look at whether using the default of 1.0 offers the same consistency between iron sights and scopes. I assume it does but it would be nice to hear what everyone thinks. Does it feel the same using the default 1.0 value for the new ADS setting?

I'm not able to confirm what the best value is for this setting because I didn't train using a scope attachment. I cannot compare a before and after. I would need to queue the physical copy of the game so that I can install it offline, train with a scope then compare this with the look mechanic using a scope with the new ADS setting maxed.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Omarf826

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:47 PM - 12/14/18 »

I'm seeing the same look mechanic between the current ST and the one I trained last night with the new max ADS settings. This tells me that either wat is correct and it's not used with such a high in-game sensitivity or the new setting doesn't apply to iron sights which is what is used to train ADS. If it relates to iron sights this means that maxing the setting probably isn't best as it would create inconsistency between iron sight ADS and scoped ADS. Instead we should look at whether using the default of 1.0 offers the same consistency between iron sights and scopes. I assume it does but it would be nice to hear what everyone thinks. Does it feel the same using the default 1.0 value for the new ADS setting?

I'm not able to confirm what the best value is for this setting because I didn't train using a scope attachment. I cannot compare a before and after. I would need to queue the physical copy of the game so that I can install it offline, train with a scope then compare this with the look mechanic using a scope with the new ADS setting maxed.

Itsís def not consistent for the 1x between iron sight vs 2x scope/etc...   the 2x scope seems significantly faster than iron sights for sure.. def throws off muscle memory.. then again i only use 2x scopes for my arís  ::)

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:10 PM - 12/14/18 »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most of the claims I see about the new ADS settings are mostly in people's own heads. Game feels exactly the same to me on 1x as it does on 4x ::shrug::

Offline TopNotch1.0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:34 AM - 12/15/18 »
i dont know what it is with this new update, its taking while to kill someone, no matter where you aim at the person, it takes me almost full clip, specially squad or duo, you got no chance lol , i look at kill cams and these players are not even hitting me. i only play black out, and i could tell things are not the same when my kd is dropping quiet fast , 9.35kd after new update 9.04kd now hmmm. ive tried the new settings on 1x,2x,3x,4x and still not able to have the same stable aim as i use to, it also could be this new armour update wich totally sucks!

Offline Statik_Kill

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: zDaveyz
« Reply #10 on: 03:29 AM - 12/15/18 »
Something definitely feels off, my settings were good, now it feels weird

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:10 AM - 12/15/18 »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most of the claims I see about the new ADS settings are mostly in people's own heads. Game feels exactly the same to me on 1x as it does on 4x ::shrug::

Agreed. Itís impossible to count the amount of times an update has gone out to a popular game and for everyone to hit the forums screeching that theyíve ruined everything only for Mist to have a look and find out they havenít changed the aim mechanics at all. This is undoubtedly another one of those times.

Offline TopNotch1.0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:19 PM - 12/15/18 »
Found out , it isnt the ST, its more like that black out new armor system is broken, no matter how good ur aim is you get totally destroyed some how from the enemy. I hope they nerf it on the next update, cuz that how armors where on Day 1 black ops (black out) came out, they nerf it down and game was fun to run and gun, now its like PUBG where you literally camp and shot marshmellows lol.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #13 on: 07:58 PM - 12/15/18 »

Mist, can you try messing with the reflex and elo site because they are Deff different then iron sights, and those two sites are most commonly used. If you find a good middle ground between iron sights, reflex and elo that may solve our problem.

Offline ChrisV

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:33 AM - 12/16/18 »

Mist, can you try messing with the reflex and elo site because they are Deff different then iron sights, and those two sites are most commonly used. If you find a good middle ground between iron sights, reflex and elo that may solve our problem.

I would like to support this request. Thank you!