XIM Community

XIM2 what is this?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline corey8iowa

• View Profile
XIM2 what is this?
« on: 07:33 AM - 07/20/08 »
Hi,
i am new here.
at first i will say sorry for my bad english.

Than my question is, what is the XIM2, can i play with Mouse and Keyboard on the XBOX 360 with XIM2?

i was bought me a XFPS 360 Pro Sniper, but this thing i not so realy great.
The Keyboard works great, but ive a realy big Deadzone for the Mouse, that makes it realy hard to hit anyone.

Can anyone help me please, i like to play with mouse and keyboard, but how does it work without Deadzone?

Tank you.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM2 what is this?
« Reply #1 on: 07:36 AM - 07/20/08 »
It is a device used to connect your pc's keyboard and mouse to your 360 . Please feel free to read more about it in the stickies at the top of the forums ...
 You can get a better understanding by reading Obsiv's original blog here :
http://obsiv.spaces.live.com/
 This is generation 1 xim.
The second generation is called xim360 which is on the verge of being released.
 There is a pre-made kit .... and a Do It Yourself kit. Currently they are in the process of ordering D.I.Y. KITS ... Later they will be releasing  pre-built kits ..
« Last Edit: 07:42 AM - 07/20/08 by glenn37216 »

Offline corey8iowa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:42 AM - 07/20/08 »
does the XIM2 remove the deadzone, or is XIM2 = XFPS360 PRO SNIPER?

and how can i configure that?:
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=573.0

Thanks

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:49 AM - 07/20/08 »
IT WOULD HELP IF YOU COULD READ UP ON IT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN HERE IN THE FORUMS . There is a program you use on xim 1 that helps you adjust settings.
In generation 2 (xim360) it has a program called deadzone finder which helps you adjust the deadzone feel.
 Here is a pic of the program that you can download for xim1. This will give you an idea of the controls you have to tweak.

XIM360 IS 100% BETTER THAN THE XFPS SNIPER ... NOTHING LIKE IT AT ALL. XIM360  will out perform the generation 1 xim by leaps and bounds . No longer do you need the xfps+xim .. The xim360 is soldered to the controller board which eliminates the milliseconds reponse time you get with the xim+xfps combo. I have been using the xim+xfps since it came out and I love it . It isn't perfect but in some games it comes close. We are all anticipating the xim360 because it will fix alot of the  small issues some games have with generation 1 xim .
« Last Edit: 07:58 AM - 07/20/08 by glenn37216 »

Offline corey8iowa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:49 AM - 07/20/08 »
ok thank you.
were can i buy it?
and can i ve instructions to build and run me this thing?

sry glenn37216 but i canīt understand english so good, because i am from germany.

Thank you.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:59 AM - 07/20/08 »
No problem ...  ;D The web site store is found here :

http://store.xim360.com/shopping/

Detailed instructions come with the kits.
They are only taking D.I.Y kit orders right now . Pre-built xim360's will come a little later. Good luck on your build and welcome to the forums !

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:53 PM - 07/20/08 »
I was at the mall today and you know what I saw (no joke)??? A XFPS sniper 3.0 box in the trash. It was like they were reading my mind, of course the unit was in there but it's a great start.

Oh ya.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:28 AM - 07/21/08 »
Nick I swear I am going to start a thread just for us to post destroyed xfps's... I know there will tons of creative ways to put that thing out of its misery... ;D

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:04 PM - 07/21/08 »
Waste of money. That and you could just give them to the random person who could use them. I've already decided on giving my entire XIM setup to a friend, to allow them to try it out, if nothing else. Maybe they'll get more mileage out of their games afterward, I don't know. Point is it won't be doing any good just sitting there, which is already a step above it being a dust-covered XIM on the shelf, with the XFPS in the trash bin.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:23 AM - 07/22/08 »
Not a waste of maney for me. I've got my satisfaction out of Xim 1 already and frankly I think the xfps needs a good a$$ whoopin.  ;D

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:42 AM - 07/23/08 »
Not a waste of maney for me. I've got my satisfaction out of Xim 1 already and frankly I think the xfps needs a good a$$ whoopin.  ;D

I agree.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:02 AM - 07/23/08 »
You could also give the xfps away to people you hate. You know, that guy across the street that thinks he's the sh** at Halo. Then you use your xim360 to blow him out of the water. Just lie and say you are using an xfpos too. :P
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet