XIM Community

Right click occasionally not registering  (Read 1209 times)

Offline heffstar

• View Profile
Right click occasionally not registering
« on: 03:51 AM - 02/17/19 »
Hey there

I've recently updated to the most recent beta firmware and manager so I can edit SAB values. Everything seems to be working well, except for one thing.

I've been using the default Apex Legends config with a few tweaks - mainly I use ADS as toggle instead of hold.

I've found occasionally. Like once every twenty or so right clicks it doesn't register (usually as I'm about to start a fight). I can't seem to replicate it on command.

It didn't happen  before updating firmware with the same config (other than a slight edit to SAB).. I'm going to test if it also happens on other game configs.

Anyone got any tips or recommendations for a fix?

Thanks!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Right click occasionally not registering
« Reply #1 on: 10:27 AM - 02/17/19 »
You mentioned using the latest firmware, what the current firmware version number found in menu-about?
Which pages of your config have SAB enabled?

Knowing if this happens with SAB disabled on each active page of your config would be helpful. It would also help to know if this occurs using another mouse if you happen to have a spare.

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline heffstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:14 PM - 02/19/19 »
Thanks for the response.

Version 5.  20190119

So I tested a different mouse and cables and had the same issue.

Reverted back to the original and tried a different game and profile - no problem.

I need to do some more testing, but I think it might have something to do with my inventory or looting auxiliaries for Apex. I don't think it has anything to do with SAB, but I didn't notice it happen before the beta.

For example, I hold tab to open my inventory screen. In my auxiliary for inventory, I have right click set up as square (I think - PS4) to drop items. When I'm finished in the inventory, I stop holding tab and my controls go back to their standard hip functions.

I'll test this more and confirm. But if this is this case, has anyone got any ideas about what is happening? And hopefully, how I can ensure that whenever I'm on 'hip' right click activates ADS. I would have thought by having the auxiliaries as 'hold' there wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:20 AM - 02/20/19 »
No, right click should always activate ADS if you're on Hip.

Reverted back to the original and tried a different game and profile - no problem.

Does this mean you reverted to the latest non-beta firmware? If so do you encounter the same issue in Apex Legends?

Offline heffstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:02 AM - 02/21/19 »
Sorry, I should have specified - I meant back to original mouse.

I feel like it could have something to do with having ADS to toggle because I'm also having an issue in Blackout now. Here's the example if it helps identify if it's something with the beta:

In Blackout I have an auxiliary (hold 'e') for looting that changes my left and right click on mouse to be d pad left and right (PS4). I use my mouse scroll wheel as d pad up and down.

The issue I'm having is that I use hip ADS as toggle, and for whatever reason, when I hold 'e' for my auxilary on a loot screen, my left mouse click works fine (moves cursor left), but when I right click (to move cursor right under this config) it toggles me to ADS and cancels out of the loot. If I turn off toggle for ADS in the hip config (and change nothing else) I don't have the issue and right click works as expected both in hip and looting (hold e) configs. 

I feel like these issues could be connected (ie I right click when on an Apex inventory screen/config and go back to gameplay/hip but because my ADS is toggle the xim thinks I've toggled on ADS so when I next right click it looks like it's not doing anything because it toggles off - forcing me at times to double right click to ADS).

I will change apex config to have ADS as hold and see if the issue happens. It's just a shame I suck at aiming when I have to hold instead of toggle lol.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: 05:23 AM - 02/21/19 by heffstar »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:59 AM - 02/21/19 »
It looks like toggle ADS is interfering with the new deactivation priority setting.

Deactivation Priority: Prior to this change, when a subconfig is no longer active, return to Hip settings occurs. Now, if there is a subconfig between the active and Hip that is currently activated, it is selected (rather than Hip).

Offline heffstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:51 PM - 02/21/19 »
I think that's too advanced for me to get my head around haha.

So is it a bug or intended experience? I would have thought that changing right click on an auxilary to be something else (eg square) wouldn't make right click ADS when you've activated that auxilary. Keeping in mind it only occurs when ADS on hip is set to toggle.

Got any ideas if there's something I could do to try and fix it?

Thanks again for taking the time to look into.
« Last Edit: 02:29 AM - 02/22/19 by heffstar »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:09 AM - 02/22/19 »
The short term solution would be to not use toggle ADS or to downgrade. We are investigating the issue as well, thanks for the report.

Admin