XIM Community

Xim 4 + Titan ?  (Read 667 times)

Offline zotar

• View Profile
Xim 4 + Titan ?
« on: 02:39 PM - 12/09/18 »
Hi all,

I'm a bit old school and haven't upgraded to the Apex yet, so here I am with my Xim 4 wondering if I would be able to purchase a Titan one/two adapter in order to use scripts. Would either of these devices be compatible with the Xim 4?

Thanks

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim 4 + Titan ?
« Reply #1 on: 02:41 PM - 12/09/18 »
Hi.

Yes they are compatible, but you might need a power supply DC Adapter for Titan 2 when running with XIM4.
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIvcUJrglBE

You can ask more question on this combo a the ConsoleTuner forum, community is always willing to help.

Offline zotar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:43 PM - 12/09/18 »
Hi.

Yes they are compatible, but you might need a power supply DC Adapter for Titan 2 when running with XIM4.
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIvcUJrglBE

Alan,

Thanks for the quick response. Would I have to purchase the Titan 2 or would the Titan One work as well? All I'm really looking for is a no-recoil script for Black Ops 4.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:46 PM - 12/09/18 »
Go for the Titan Two, specially if you want anti-recoil scritps. Most scripts for Titan One are meant for controller and don't go well with XIM4 or Apex (if you upgrade in the future).

Most new games get Titan Two scripts first too, community is more active develop for this device.
« Last Edit: 02:50 PM - 12/09/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline zotar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:47 PM - 12/09/18 »
Go for the Titan Two, specially if you want anti-recoil scritps. Most scripts for Titan Two are meant for controller and don't go well with XIM4 or Apex (if you upgrade in the future).

Most new games get Titan Two scripts first too.

Will do, thanks. Can't wait for these scripts + my mouse  8)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:52 PM - 12/09/18 »
Most scripts for Titan Two One are meant for controller.
Typo.

New Titan Two Anti-recoil scripts are intended to work for XIM4 and APEX.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 03:04 PM - 12/09/18 »
Titan One will suffice. I wrote anti-recoil scripts for that device specifically for Xim4. Titan Two scripts targeting Apex behave the same way, not much has changed there.

That said, Titan Two is more future-proof and is backwards-compatible with T1 and CM scripts, so it's a better investment.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline zotar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:19 PM - 12/17/18 »
Hey all,

So I ended up getting the Titan One. I am having some issues trying to get it to work with my Xim 4. I have plugged the T1 directly into the back of my Xbox One, plugged in the controller and got it to authenticate. I then unplugged the controller and plugged it into my Xim 4. I then connected my Xim 4 power cable to my Titan One. The Titan One then authenticated it, displaying a 0. My keyboard and mouse are powered on, but are not seeming to work at all. My controller works though. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Offline zotar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:31 PM - 12/18/18 »
Bump. Still having issues :(

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 04:38 AM - 12/19/18 »
This is best answered on the ConsoleTuner forums, however here's the process for T1, XIM4 and XB1 -

1. Leave everything connected as per normal into XIM4, including mouse, controller and keyboard.
2. Remove the battery from the XB1 controller.
3. Plug XIM4 into Titan One.
4. Plug Titan One into Xbox One.
5. Turn the XB1 console on from a cold boot.

Leave it like this, there's no need to do some crazy plug / unplug ritual - T1 will see the controller plugged into XIM4.

The trick is to boot the XB1 up cold, not from stand-by, it needs to be completely shut down with no power to the USB ports. Use the XB1 power button on the console to boot up and your T1+XIM4 should work.

This is an issue with XB1, it can't be replicated on PS3, PS4 or 360. How I get around this so I can hot-swap the T1 while XB1 is booted up (copying / transferring / editing T1 scripts) is to use a USB switch.

Setup is the same as above, but T1 plugs into one front port of a USB switch, and one of the rear USB switch cables goes to the XB1.

Toggle the switch away from, then back to the XB1. For some reason, this correctly resets the USB port handshake on the XB1 and the T1 should authenticate every time.

I use an IOGear GUS404 (Aten US424 in other regions, GUS402 or US224 will work fine) for this purpose (swaps Titan + XIM between 4 x consoles), but a Sabrent USB 2.0 switch should be enough to do the job. They're about $12 on Amazon.

Given you seem to be getting to an authenticated state already,  make sure the T1 is set to Automatic or Xbox One in the Output Protocol in Gtuner Pro. Also ensure the Titan One's firmware and Gtuner app are up-to-date. There's an updater built into Gtuner Pro.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline zotar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:52 PM - 12/19/18 »
I'll try this, but I also noticed that a headset will not work with the Titan One. Do you know if this would be true?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 09:15 PM - 12/19/18 »
You'll need to check on the www.consoletuner.com forums. I play on PS4, so don't know about XB1 audio via the controller.