XIM Community

Does XIM4 work with Panther XL USB on PS4  (Read 361 times)

Offline Rabidnewt

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rabidnewt
Does XIM4 work with Panther XL USB on PS4
« on: 09:25 AM - 07/14/16 »
Obligatory apologies if this has been answered before, but I've been searching through previous posts and haven't found a definitive answer...

The big question:  Does a Panther XL work with the XIM4 on the PS4?

I have been to the assassin3d website, and it hasn't been updated since the XIM3 rollout.  It seems to have worked ok with previous versions of the XIM products, but with some bugs.
I have searched through these forums, and have only found some posts about users using a Panther XL on an Xbox360 using the XIM4.
The hardware compatibility doesn't explicitly list "Panther XL" because it's a modded flight stick using a Logitech mouse and other internal guts to emulate a keyboard.

Like all the Panther XL users, I'm old school, and started using an original PXL for FPS's on the pc like Unreal Tournament.  Then I had my stick modded by Steveo to the USB version to use with the "newer" FPS shooters like Crysis on the pc.  I eventually moved to console gaming, and stopped playing FPS's because I'm useless with a controller in those games.  I went from a pro to noob by changing my controller.  I'm sure this community understands my frustration.  Anyway, I recently discovered this forum and got excited that I could use my old Panther XL to play the new generation of games on my PS4, and maybe my PS3. I was hoping it would work.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline etb

• View Profile
Re: Does XIM4 work with Panther XL USB on PS4
« Reply #1 on: 07:37 AM - 12/11/18 »
Will be testing the latest a3d v4 board with xim apex, I'll share the results.