XIM Community

Just ordered my Xim Apex  (Read 451 times)

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
Just ordered my Xim Apex
« on: 05:52 AM - 12/08/18 »
hey, i ordered my xim apex this week and im frothing with anticipation waiting for its arrival (alas another 5 days >_< sucks 2 be in australia)
so i just wanted to ask as i come from a PC gaming back ground (CS 1.5-1.6 top 1%ish of the local clans/player pool) can i get my xbox one x to perform (game play wise not GFX wise) the same as i would on pc? my brother used to use the XIM3 on xbox360 and swears by it. really i just want to be able to be as good as i know i should be.
so yeah sorry for the digression Question is.

will i be able to be that good again using the XIM apex thru a console?
does the mouse DPI effect you alot? (im just using a crappy logitech k200 1000DPI funds are tight)?
and when i get back on track will going back to PC gaming feel differnt after using a MnKB on a console?

very sorry if they are dumb questions thank you for your time.
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
Re: Just ordered my Xim Apex
« Reply #1 on: 02:06 PM - 12/09/18 »
A couple things in particular. Yes it's "similar" to PC but there are factors you have to understand. It's playing a controller with a mouse and keyboard. You can't wildly flick across the screen because controllers can't. Little things you get used to. Coming from PC aswell the muscle memory of a mouse will help. But it's not 100% the same.

As for your mouse, doesn't really matter the DPI some people use 3200 Dpi zowies with no issues. Also depends on what games you plan to play. There are many ways to find your sensitivity that works for you which is a rabbit hole. I always seem to be trying new syncs and Dpis just cause I can.

You'll enjoy it but it'll take some adjustments.
*PS4 Pro
*GPro Wireless 500hz / 16,000 DPI
*K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Cherry Mx: Speed
*Xim Apex 1000hz | Titan Two
*Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 222.22 | X/Y Ratio: 2.60
*Smoothing 6 | Sync: OFF | Right Stick Deadzone: 0
*Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:08 PM - 12/09/18 »
Console will feel nothing like pc even with mouse and keyboard. Things will feel more glitchier due to the lower refresh rate. And it may also seem a lot slower as well until you get used to it. Most console games do not have mouse and keyboard support so you're basically using a device to translate mouse and keyboard actions into a dualshock controller. You can't expect superb and polished transitions like on pc. But, the Xim surely comes very close. You can be good on console with the xim as you were on pc. If and only if you put the time in to be good. Don't worry about dpi that much as it is really just a preference. The recommended dpi for the Xim is 3200 dpi but I've used much lower dpi without any problems. All I would do is add a small amount of smoothing if I felt that it was too jittery. Don't go into gaming with the Xim thinking that you're just going to dominate everybody and you will be fine. There are some really good controller users out there that are so good you would think they used M&K too. I have a few in my clan that I cannot best even when I use the Xim Apex.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:19 PM - 12/11/18 »
thanks alot, you really cleared some stuff up for me. ok so i understand about the stick movements being controlled by a mouse.. when i game on pc i use low sens is that ganna help me?... and then further more.... when i eventually get back on top of things im going to go back to pc gaming... will i be effected much going from console MnKB back to PC ? or will it just be  gravy?.... lastly ... with this auto aim i been reading about ... can i not just turn auto aim off? at present i will be playing battle field 4 or does the xim need auto aim to do its thing? thanks sorry for my nub questions i have been reading posts like crazy maybe just the wrong ones.

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:25 AM - 12/12/18 »
just got my Xim Apex .....man its very different isnt it :O but i can see the potential for a propper gaming return... i am using a real bad mouse, polls at like 125hz ... im ganna get a new one tomorrow so i can raise up my poll rate on app. will that help me with the mouse n that laggy feel i get or is that my play style i gotta  move smoother and stop flicking?

Offline Retrospect

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:06 AM - 12/12/18 »
You'll find the XIM can sometimes take a fair amount of tweaking to get things on point but once they are oh man! It can't be beat. I would recommend you look up all of odins tutorial videos. He posts them in the tutorial guide section. His videos helped me tremendously in understanding the advanced setting of the Xim and also the optimal settings for best aim and feel.

Admin