XIM Community

Fortnite Plane Settings  (Read 160 times)

Offline Teamvarsity

• View Profile
Fortnite Plane Settings
« on: 10:09 AM - 12/07/18 »
Has anyone found optimized settings for controlling planes on fortnite? Are people using their current ST or is anyone using a subconfig? I tried a subconfig using left stick which seems to work fairly well, but wanted to see what others are using.

Using my current ST only (no subconfig, similar to other vehicles), seems pretty shaky and awkward when flying planes. Maybe just need to get used to it....

Edit - clarification
« Last Edit: 10:25 AM - 12/07/18 by Teamvarsity »

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite Plane Settings
« Reply #1 on: 10:17 AM - 12/07/18 »
Has anyone found optimized settings for controlling planes on fortnite? Are people using their current ST or is anyone using a subconfig? I tried a subconfig with swapping sticks which seems to work fairly well, but wanted to see what others are using.

Using my current ST only (no subconfig, similar to other vehicles), seems pretty shaky and awkward when flying planes. Maybe just need to get used to it....

Iím also wondering about the best way to tackle the planes. I imagine a sub config would be needed, but not sure what to adjust. Iím using a nav controller so the movement is fine since using a joystick. The problem I have is the shakiness which makes it hard to shoot smoothly. The slightest little trembles of the mouse shake it a bunch. Thinking a curve might work so I can take out the micro movements but keep the ability to look around freely.

Offline Teamvarsity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:27 AM - 12/07/18 »
Curve might be best. Unfortunately, I am not nearly sophisticated enough to come up with one on my own. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure one out.

Offline honeymonth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:58 PM - 12/07/18 »
I set up a subconfig with deactivation on exit plane and seat swap. I cranked the sensitivity waaaaaay up and it took some practice but I can get accurate MG kills now. To clarify, I use keyboard and mouse. I'm using the subconfig to swap flight controls onto the mouse so I can aim precisely. This also eliminates mouse jitter. The freelook is pretty limited anyway.
« Last Edit: 02:36 PM - 12/07/18 by honeymonth »