XIM Community

Fortnite input blocked  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Zerkone

• View Profile
Fortnite input blocked
« on: 07:44 AM - 12/05/18 »

hello to everything, I'm new and I must say that xim is really useful, I was wondering why when I play fortnite, every now and then comes the message input blocked and what should I do to keep it out. I use the latest version of both the manager and the firmware

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite input blocked
« Reply #1 on: 10:36 AM - 12/05/18 »
Welcome to the community. It's expected that this game may soon attempt to separate players based on their input type. There is a way to prevent this type of detection using a new feature named Simulate Analog Behavior (SAB) that is in our latest beta build but you may not need to worry about that now because this message is also appearing for controller users. If you would like to read up on SAB you can find the latest beta details using the link below.

http://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Zerkone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:32 AM - 12/07/18 »
Welcome to the community. It's expected that this game may soon attempt to separate players based on their input type. There is a way to prevent this type of detection using a new feature named Simulate Analog Behavior (SAB) that is in our latest beta build but you may not need to worry about that now because this message is also appearing for controller users. If you would like to read up on SAB you can find the latest beta details using the link below.

http://xim.tech/beta

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the beta version but the message appears anyway. At the moment I use SAB 110, as I stream, I do not want the message to appear on the screen. Do you know what value I should set it or how to solve?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:37 AM - 12/07/18 »
Sorry, I don't play the game but 100 was the value used to prevent being kicked from the game when this was occurring in the last few months so you're using an appropriate amount of SAB now. This is being reported by controller users as well. SAB should help if and when players are moved to lobbies based on input type.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Brax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:20 AM - 12/07/18 »
I have exactly the same problem.

I was testing SAP from 0-200 but nothing changed. Every time I'm to fast at switching the popup occurs.

SAP at 100 won't solve the problem :(

I've even tried with sub config and stopped using WASD and instead used  mouse movements and left-right click for changing.

Since Season 7 the popup occurs even more than before...

Is there anyone with another approach to test?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:23 AM - 12/07/18 »
controller players also have this problem when they switch too fast, its a gamebug so there isnt much you can do about it except for switching at a slower speed
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline radrook

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:51 PM - 12/07/18 »
I really dont think its  a bug , i really feel its not ! . the so called controller players reporting it come to find out after reading there post most were using playstation but also mention they had mouse and keyboard plugged in and it was picking up the input thats why they got the msg.   

But theres a way to fix it but its just gona take some time to relearn some muscle memory and get use to it but now I no longer get the input detect on screen... Downside is im still kinda slow while moving my inventory around but getting quicker at it.  For mods that mention they really dont play this game, i know it might not seem like a big deal cause were not getting kicked, but i dont think they realize how big the inventory is , its one of those things in this game that the quicker we can get in and rearrange the safer will be.

THE FIX:  So instead of using wasd to move inventory , cause this is the only time this pop input msg appears is when youre in inventory.. Insteasd of using wasd use what ever keys you have assigned to your dpad , the dpad wont detect the fast movement.

But like i said, its just takes some getting use to , you kinda gotta force yourself to relearn moving your inventory around.. plenty of times in a hot situation where u just wana go to inventory and move it around quickly. It felt very slow to me at first.

So a quick tip that worked for me i recommend is.. if you have a keyboard with onboard memory that way you can remap keys and have multiplie keybinds . maybe remap some others keys that you use as the same as your dpad so you have more than one option on your keyboard or mouse. Just something that feels good for you while your in your inventory.   
« Last Edit: 09:56 PM - 12/07/18 by jonsmith »

Offline juxtaposn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:31 PM - 12/07/18 »
i donít actually play the game so iím just asking bc iím curious, but do the other people getting this message find that the problem is limited to when you navigate the inventory

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 09:25 AM - 12/08/18 »
I can always update SAB to slow down the stick even more. But concern is that it's already designed so that it's similar to what people can do on a stick today.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:31 AM - 12/08/18 »
The D-Pad was meant for navigating inventory. I point out earlier, had no problems with Fortnite.

Now, if you really want to use WASD for inventory management...

Create a sub-config call Inventory on Toggle Behavior 100ms delay,
Deactivation key = build button mapping
On that subconfig unbind your WASD for movement, At Movement Section set all to NONE.
Set your inventory mapping to NONE and
use WASD as Up, Left, Down, Right d-pad.

Done.

This way you have the layout you are used to, and the inventory navigation should feel fast and precise without input block pop up.
« Last Edit: 10:43 AM - 12/08/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM Apex + Titan Two
PS4 Pro ♦ ASUS VG245H 24" ♦ Sennheiser GSP 600 + Astro MixAmp ♦ Razer Orbweaver ♦ Logitech G305 ♦ Zowie G-SR

Offline radrook

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:48 PM - 12/08/18 »
The D-Pad was meant for navigating inventory. I point out earlier, had no problems with Fortnite.

On that subconfig unbind your WASD for movement, At Movement Section set all to NONE.

Done.

This way you have the layout you are used to, and the inventory navigation should feel fast and precise without input block pop up.

i was wondering if i could use my movement for the dpad somehow so i wouldnt have to mess with layout im use to..

Is this replacing my movement now to the dpad keys or no.. im not sure quite sure how the sub config works. Its cause i have actions already assigned to my dpad in the game. So would i have to change those actions to some how.. Im not quite sure how this sub config works.

Offline radrook

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:29 PM - 12/13/18 »

Done.

dont i have to set activation key also ? to my inventory key?  so it registers when im using this auxiliary to work?

Im just not quite sure . i havent messed with subconfigs or auxiliarys or anything.

Offline radrook

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:50 PM - 12/13/18 »

OMG Thank You Thank You!!!! This works, I freaking Love You!!! lol haha

But okay so this works but im having a little issue still. So  i set my activation to inventory key , i was assuming i was suppose to do this. Heres my problem... sometimes it activates it and xim knows im using the dpad and it works , other times when i go into inventory i notice it doesnt activate. Reason i know is cause i got that input block again and so i looked at the xim manager for times the pop msg didnt come up. i would stay in inventory and press the wasd keys it was showing i was using the dpad keys,   then when the pop up msg did come up i stayed in inventory and notice the auxiliary didnt activate for some reason it was showing that i was using normal wasd keys not dpad... Now it doesnt stay stuck this way, i got out of inventory and back in and then it seemed auxiliary activated again.. so pretty much sometimes it will activate and other times it doesnt.

Im wondering if it is something to do with the delay i need to change or something why sometimes it activates and sometimes it doesnt ....?

Offline radrook

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:37 PM - 12/14/18 »
Anyone have any suggestions that could help me for my last comment above ^ ?

I cant get the settings right or something. sometimes it activates other times it doesnt.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:57 PM - 12/14/18 »
you have to wait for the 100 milliseconds delay to finish, if you press the buttons earlier then the newly assigned buttons in the sub config dont work
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay