XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim Apex keeps disconnecting  (Read 251 times)

Offline mrtimmytam

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Xim Apex keeps disconnecting
« on: 12:52 AM - 12/04/18 »
Hi, first off i am loving the new firmware, that being said it has been constantly disconnecting while i'm playing. All of a sudden it will just flash yellow lights a few times then power off. all my cables are fine. I never had this problem with the old firmware. is there any resolve for this?? Ive tried flasing the firmware then re updating it but it still disconnects... has anyone had this happen with the new firmware??
« Last Edit: 10:11 AM - 12/10/18 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex keeps disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: 11:20 AM - 12/04/18 »
Could you tell us what firmware version you were using prior to the Beta?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mrtimmytam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:32 PM - 12/06/18 »
Could you tell us what firmware version you were using prior to the Beta?

I believe it was the previous firmware.. 20181019
Sometimes it will work fine for a while, then just randomly it will flash yellow a few times then drop out.
Or sometimes after reinserting it will cut out after a few seconds.
Does the colour corrolate to a specific problem?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:11 AM - 12/07/18 »
Yellow lights indicate that XIM has lost connection with an attached device. Are these lights only yellow or are they alternating yellow and red?

If the lights are only yellow I would look toward the controller and it's cable. Connect the controller directly to the console to charge for about an hour. XIM and hub should be disconnected while charging.

Which console are you playing on?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline rizy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:45 PM - 12/08/18 »
I have a similar issue on the Xbox1X. all of my attached devices will stop working, controller/headset keyboard and mouse. Has happened multiple times. The wierd thing is the Xim acts as though nothing has happened and the game does not show that your controller has been disconnected.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:01 AM - 12/09/18 »
Could you please open a thread in support? Please detail the issue and your setup including.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: third party usb hub, usb switch, extended usb cables, titan, cronus?

Offline mrtimmytam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:40 AM - 12/10/18 »
Yellow lights indicate that XIM has lost connection with an attached device. Are these lights only yellow or are they alternating yellow and red?

If the lights are only yellow I would look toward the controller and it's cable. Connect the controller directly to the console to charge for about an hour. XIM and hub should be disconnected while charging.

Which console are you playing on?

Yes well sometimes it flashes yellow or sometimes it flashes blank with the color of which ever ST I am using at that time. Havenít seen it flash red during a drop out. I always have my controller fully pre charged before I connect it to my xim apex. I am using PS4.

Every now and again I use a cronusmax with it but not very often. When using it with the cronusmax I noticed it disconnects way more frequently. Iíve even tried it with a 4 port USB hub because I thought I may have been the actual USB ports on the PS4 were a little loose? But when I connect any other device to it they work fine with no drop outs whatsoever, and trying the hub and PS4 usb ports separate...

I am at a loss as to what it could be or whatís causing it? Like the Cronus drops out too, but if I were to plug in a mouse or keyboard, headset, controller etc with the same cable they would work fine... Iím just not sure what to do? Itís not completely unusable, just annoying lol.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:09 AM - 12/10/18 »
I would remove the cronus while troubleshooting, it's another variable that may make it more difficult to find and fix the source of the issue.

If the lights are only yellow I would look toward the controller and it's cable. Connect the controller directly to the console to charge for about an hour. XIM and hub should be disconnected while charging. If charging the controller and replacing the cable doesn't help in rare instances it may be the controller itself and testing another controller may be helpful.

We could also consider power being an issue because you're experiencing stability issues less often without cronus and more often with cronus attached. What is the rest of your setup?

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: third party usb hub, usb switch, extended usb cables, titan, cronus?

Offline mrtimmytam

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex keeps disconnecting
« Reply #8 on: 10:43 PM - 12/10/18 »
My setup is as follows

PS4
Connected to Xim Apex -Logitech g502, DS4 V1 controller (sometimes cronusmax)

Connected toTargus 4-port usb hub: Microsoft wired keyboard 600, Astro A50 wireless headset

Im unsure of the brand of cable, but perhaps i might try some new ones... can you suggest and good brands?

Offline Metallicaaaaaa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:50 AM - 12/11/18 »
This has been happening to me too for the past 2 days. :(

Offline mrtimmytam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:37 AM - 12/11/18 »
*update*

I've since updated to the new firmware and manager (20181204), maybe about 3 hours ago... haven't had one drop out yet, when usually it would drop out always within 20 mins of use. Is it Coincidence after updating? Whatever it is, fingers crossed it stays this way. I will reply back tomorrow with further results after more playing.

Offline CamelRider

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:25 AM - 12/11/18 »
Ian having the same problem since i updated to the new beta firmware and manager, pretty sure the problem because of that. I never had the problem with the old firmware