XIM Community

Play with Joystick, keyboard and mouse at the same time  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Hardhiller

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Alleeninkt
Is it possible to play simultaneously with a Joystick, keyboard and mouse?
I play battlefield 5 only want to use a joystick for flying.
« Last Edit: 03:29 AM - 12/03/18 by Hardhiller »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Play with Joystick, keyboard and mouse at the same time
« Reply #1 on: 04:00 AM - 12/03/18 »
Short answer...yes. You'll need to plug an additional USB hub into the Apex hub (to get 4 devices connected to Xim) and that hub may need to be powered. Or replace the Apex hub with a powered 4-port USB hub.
« Last Edit: 04:31 AM - 12/03/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Hardhiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:48 AM - 12/03/18 »
Short answer...yes. You'll need to plug an additional USB hub into the Apex hub (to get 4 devices connected to Xim) and that hub may need to be powered. Or replace the Apex hub with a powered 4-port USB hub.

In which number (I, II, III) on the Apex hub should I place the other hub? And which hub would you recommend?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:02 PM - 12/03/18 »
It shouldn't matter. Just keep the controller on the Apex USB hub for authentication.

I've tried a number of hubs from Belkin, Sabrent, Anker, as well as USB switches from IOGear, Ugreen and Sabrent again and they all work fine.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:50 AM - 12/04/18 »
I read somewhere in the forum that you have to use a usb 2.0 Hub.
I've been using a little Belkin 4 port Hub without any problems for years, but out of curiousity I googled  Anker usb hubs last night and I couldn't find any usb 2.0 hubs .... only usb 3.0.
If you use the xim apex hub with the controller plugged into it, and then plug another hub into the apex ... can that hub be usb 3.0?

Offline Hardhiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:08 AM - 12/04/18 »
It shouldn't matter. Just keep the controller on the Apex USB hub for authentication.

I've tried a number of hubs from Belkin, Sabrent, Anker, as well as USB switches from IOGear, Ugreen and Sabrent again and they all work fine.

Thanks.
Last night I tried it. He sees the joystick, only the joystick doesn't work. Could this have something to do with the hub having too little power or the signal doesn't get through properly? It is a Thrustmaster Hotas 4.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:02 PM - 12/04/18 »
In the Apex "hardware compatibility" section the Hotas 1 is listed as "known to be not working", so the same might apply to the 4.
If you look in the xim4 hardware compatibility section they list Joysticks known to be working and the Logitech 3D pro is the one that most ximmers have used; I would guess that it should work with the Apex as well.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 03:18 PM - 12/04/18 »
Joystick support is pretty limited on Apex compared to something like a Titan Two. I'm confident the Logitech 3D Pro works though as that had dedicated support on Xim4 & Apex.

Another solution is to pipe the Xim Apex through Titan Two INPUT-A and the Hotas through INPUT-B.