XIM Community

How to eliminate ADS transition issues in any COD game.  (Read 3006 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
In manager, go to your ADS profile within your COD config. Set the ADS delay to last longer then Any of your loadout ADS transition times. Transition times vary, so set this number high. I personally use 700 (because it's a lucky #), but you can probably go down to 400 and be safe. Now activate Smooth Aim Transition and you're done. Aiming will feel smooth for every weapon, with Every attachment and Any perk.

- Ads delay 400 or higher.
- Smooth Aim Transition [on]

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 08:10 PM - 12/04/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: How to eliminate ADS transition issues in BO4.
« Reply #1 on: 01:57 PM - 12/02/18 »
Or use the HIP translator for ADS. Turns out I'd be using this for awhile and hadn't realised it. Going back to the ADS ST felt wrong, so I swapped back to HIP.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:55 PM - 12/02/18 »
Or use the HIP translator for ADS. Turns out I'd be using this for awhile and hadn't realised it. Going back to the ADS ST felt wrong, so I swapped back to HIP.

Hip translator feels terrible in ads lol, especially with Sync off which is the best way to play this game imo.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline YeaItsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:18 PM - 12/02/18 »

Hip translator feels terrible in ads lol, especially with Sync off which is the best way to play this game imo.

For a few days now...I haven't been using an ads profile either... I do use the left side of an elite controller for L Trigger ads and just the hip profile for the mouse.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 03:56 AM - 12/03/18 »
...and a MUST  for quick scoping...
It's not often that I disagree with anything that you post (let's not talk about BFV) but genuine QSing is unaffected by the speed of the ADS animation.

Change my mind.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 03:59 AM - 12/03/18 »
I use Sync Off, feels fine. Better than ADS, but perhaps that's because I'm used to it.

I understand why I tested the HIP ST, what puzzles me is when...I had no idea that I'd changed it  :o

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:22 AM - 12/03/18 »
It's not often that I disagree with anything that you post (let's not talk about BFV) but genuine QSing is unaffected by the speed of the ADS animation.

Change my mind.

It depends on your settings, but if you're switching ST's at the wrong time while QSings it will throw your aim off slightly. I think when you try my latest BO4 setup which eliminates the need for any ADS delay you may understand better. It just feels so @#$% good! Especially for QSing accuracy and snipers.

I use Sync Off, feels fine. Better than ADS, but perhaps that's because I'm used to it.

I understand why I tested the HIP ST, what puzzles me is when...I had no idea that I'd changed it  :o

The Hip ST makes micro movement almost non existent in ADS, especially with sync off.   
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:41 AM - 12/03/18 »

Change my mind.
It depends on your settings, but if you're switching ST's at the wrong time while QSings it will throw your aim off slightly.
If your crosshairs are on target before you scope in (the definition of quickscoping), it doesn't matter whether your sensitivity is slower or faster than, or matching, the ADS animation. It'll have no effect your accuracy. If you have to dragscope though, even a little bit, then I agree, it will throw your aim off. But then you're not quickscoping.
Stop me if I'm being too anal about this...

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:00 AM - 12/03/18 »

Change my mind.
It depends on your settings, but if you're switching ST's at the wrong time while QSings it will throw your aim off slightly.
If your crosshairs are on target before you scope in (the definition of quickscoping), it doesn't matter whether your sensitivity is slower or faster than, or matching, the ADS animation. It'll have no effect your accuracy. If you have to dragscope though, even a little bit, then I agree, it will throw your aim off. But then you're not quickscoping.

If you're ADS sensitivity is considerably Higher or lower then your Hip sensitivity (in game, not numbers), then yes it can effect it. Even in the matter of say 50ms. I'm just going off my own personal experience. QSing feels better to me with the ADS delay issue resolved. Many have stated on here in the past too, Good QSers (not casuals, like me) that they only used the ADS translator with Hip and ADS because ADS translation threw their aim off. All I can say is that IMO, I have no doubt it feels better with these settings.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:04 AM - 12/03/18 »

Change my mind.

If you're ADS sensitivity is considerably Higher or lower then your Hip sensitivity (in game, not numbers), then yes it can effect it. Even in the matter of say 50ms. I'm just going off my own personal experience. QSing feels better to me with the ADS delay issue resolved. Many have stated on here in the past too, Good QSers (not casuals, like me) that they only used the ADS translator with Hip and ADS because ADS translation threw their aim off. All I can say is that IMO, I have no doubt it feels better with these settings.
K.
(Gonna try your settings anyway. :) )

Where's HL3?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:45 AM - 12/03/18 »
^ Lol.. (Doubters;)
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:56 AM - 12/03/18 »
I remember back in the day someone did the maths and claimed that to match ADS sensitivity to hip you have to multiply it by 2.4 or divide Hip by 2.4. Effectively it's supposed to accomplish the same thing without any guess work. I've done this for quite a bit with COD STs and it worked but I just don't like how slow ADS is with this setup and went back to using delay.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:53 PM - 12/03/18 »
I remember back in the day someone did the maths and claimed that to match ADS sensitivity to hip you have to multiply it by 2.4 or divide Hip by 2.4. Effectively it's supposed to accomplish the same thing without any guess work. I've done this for quite a bit with COD STs and it worked but I just don't like how slow ADS is with this setup and went back to using delay.

I've been working on a fix so that you can run with higher sensitivities without messing up the transition. It'll be added to my BO4 setup soon. Works really well with BO4, haven't tried other COD games yet. Aiming feels so much better when the transition is flawless. But I agree something had to be done about the slow ADS or Super fast Hip problem.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:58 PM - 12/03/18 »
Is this just for multiplayer or blackout as well

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:42 PM - 12/03/18 »
Is this just for multiplayer or blackout as well

Both.

Check here for my BO4 updates. https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71097.0

ADVANCED SETUPS