XIM Community

BF V - The worst battlefield game since Hardline.  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
How can they make a great game like BF 1 and manage to F it up this bad on BF 5?
Most of my deaths are due to proners/campers i cant even see lol, @#$% is this garbage?!

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: iLiKeEnRiX
Re: BF V - The worst battlefield game since Hardline.
« Reply #1 on: 04:00 PM - 12/01/18 »
So disappointed by this game...  so many wrong things.
Hopefully they will change the TTK because I think it's one of the main reasons of people camping.
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G403 | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:22 AM - 12/02/18 »
i actually kind of like it, much better than BF1

if you struggle to spot campers then theres an easy solution, go into the options of the game and then to visuals
there you can deactivate all those effects that prevent you from spotting enemies (vignette effect, chromatic aberration, ...)
also dont increase your FoV too much or else youll "zoom out of the game" too much which makes it harder to spot enemies
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:58 AM - 12/02/18 »
How can they make a great game like BF 1 and manage to F it up this bad on BF 5?
Most of my deaths are due to proners/campers i cant even see lol, @#$% is this garbage?!

I remember when BF1 first came out, that too got a slating!!

BF V winds me up big time with not being able to spot enemies like you could in previous BF's, to a point where I sometimes resort to just powering down my console mid game! (yes, its that frustrating!)  When you think about it though, everyone else has to deal with the same, and so it just needs a different play style in order to get used to it. (which I've clearly not mastered yet!) 

When I do actually finish a game. I generally place in the top five, although my K/D rate isn't that much, I play support so get lots for suppression and supplies.  The issue with BF is that very seldom do other team members communicate with you and so 99% of the time you are playing as an individual when the game really dictates that you should be playing as a team.  When someone does have their mic on, the only thing that comes out of it is them coughing, shouting at other members of their family, or eating!!!  Thank goodness my headphones have a mute button for chat!!

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:06 AM - 12/02/18 »

I remember when BF1 first came out, that too got a slating!!

BF V winds me up big time with not being able to spot enemies like you could in previous BF's, to a point where I sometimes resort to just powering down my console mid game! (yes, its that frustrating!)  When you think about it though, everyone else has to deal with the same, and so it just needs a different play style in order to get used to it. (which I've clearly not mastered yet!) 

When I do actually finish a game. I generally place in the top five, although my K/D rate isn't that much, I play support so get lots for suppression and supplies.  The issue with BF is that very seldom do other team members communicate with you and so 99% of the time you are playing as an individual when the game really dictates that you should be playing as a team.  When someone does have their mic on, the only thing that comes out of it is them coughing, shouting at other members of their family, or eating!!!  Thank goodness my headphones have a mute button for chat!!

Itís a good game if you have a squad of friends. By yourself not so and hard work but if you can find a group of friends to play with it changes the whole game to one where you can start to control the action and hold and take points.
This has always been the issue with battlefield and many other first person shooter like COD.
I would like to see the 5 man squad like BF4 which made it a tad easier to be honest.
Like you Iíve tried it solo and itís hard work, ransoms just doing their own thing and no communication.
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:28 PM - 12/02/18 »
i actually kind of like it, much better than BF1

if you struggle to spot campers then theres an easy solution, go into the options of the game and then to visuals
there you can deactivate all those effects that prevent you from spotting enemies (vignette effect, chromatic aberration, ...)
also dont increase your FoV too much or else youll "zoom out of the game" too much which makes it harder to spot enemies

I turned off all of those effects straight away, i need to play arround with my monitor settings maybe i can get something to work.
Will also have to reduce my FOV some more too, dropped it down from 85 to 75 still hard to spot enemies.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:41 PM - 12/02/18 »
I liked more than BF1, which was a explosive gas-fest.

I like the TTK and its hardcoreness.

Definitively, tuning your FoV is key I started with 74, up to 85 and 64 is what is working for me.

Offline Swine from mecca

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swinefrommecca
« Reply #7 on: 06:46 PM - 12/03/18 »
I think it forces you to slow it down a bit, observe your surroundings. A pile o rubble or stack of sand bags should always peak your interest. U see muzzle flash, uh oh. Theres a reason why the other guy is proned out, its almost as good as concealment. I have always had issue with the look mech of most shooters. In my mind if i see a guy with gun pointing in a specific  direction, i think that is where the bullets will be going, but this isnt always the case when someone is proned in a possition where the body is at an angle that is diff from where their barrel is pointed. Its pretty easy to "head glitch" in bf5 since there is tons of debris.

I hated bf5 when i first installed. Was so mad that it was a different feel from bf1 and dont get me started on the atrocious menus and submenus or the force spawn.

Also watching the tutorials on youtube really helped me get bf5 dialed in.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:31 PM - 12/04/18 »
Its alright. Love the gunplay so much. But the player visibility seems at odds with the game mechanics. Draping yourself over a rock backwards makes you invisible lol. Give it a try it's quite funny 🤣

Part of the issue is dice and their lighting. They blow out the highlights and crush the shadows. If they tweak that I'd like it a lot more. But even then it's just too campy for me. I'm still run and gunning with a k:d of 4.9 and that's playing solo with no revs as my brother refuses to play it! But I'm nearly at the point where I've had my fill.

The longer you stay alive the more you get punished by attrition as well. Playing solo I'm getting no ammo and constantly have to go to ammo crates over and over gets old and takes away player choice. Running samey routes. Doesn't effect people that generally go one for one.

Then the revive animation. Being pulled out of player control for a static animation iin mp is boring and jarring. Dice should of coded it to be dynamic allow free look etc.

I think they could tweak the game. But I think the series has had a bit of a identity crisis with this one

I've seen people love the pace though so I'm glad it's appealing for some people.

Just ranting here with my guys if you like the changes then I'm seriously pleased for you. Its all preference and we have a choice of battlefields to play. And if you look at bf series as a body of works that sit together the game makes a lot of sense.

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:21 PM - 12/04/18 »
I liked Hardline definitely more than the last bf releases.

Biggest mistake BF made is that they value the setting higher than the actual gameplay and that they make everything super noob friendly. Sadly Bf became more or less the same nobrainer as cod !

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:29 PM - 12/04/18 »
Liked Hardline alot, like BFV alot. Also, BF1, 4,3,BC2,1943,BC,2142, and BF2. Modern Combat and Heroes were ok. Never played Vietnam or that repurposed BF2 F2P.  Hated 1942, though. But my favorite was Special Forces.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:30 AM - 12/05/18 »
Iím hearing the most mixed opinions on this game itís crazy, some propel were saying t would be trash and now like it, Iím hearing some BF veterans saying the Multiplayer for them has topped BF4 then a few people complaining.

Imma still wait for the price to drop more because I know it will lol.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:31 AM - 12/05/18 »
I gave up on this game but I wasnít expecting much. Dice sorta took the fetal position and laid down to die when they made bf1 a reskin of battlefront.

Iíve always played BF games solo, no team work is needed to have a enjoyable match. Communication generally isnít needed imo unless youíre in a vehicle. I like this casual aspect. I find bf3 / bf4 / bf1 (even tho bf1 is a pos game) to be much easier than cod. The spotting mechanics donít bother me. Itís the lack of balance. There is plenty going wrong with this one.

They deviated way too much from the traditional damage model, which basically remained the same since bf3. They really didnít think ammo crates through, crates are placed directly in front of tank spawns. Panzer is already OP af against tanks, it doesnít take much creativity to spam rockets at a tank that moves like a sloth. Even when they balance the panzer v tank damage it wonít matter. Tank v infantry damage is fine, but slow turret speed basically makes tanks commit to their spawn.

Bombers... insanely good with no upgrade yet you can play your first match with a KE7.

TTK on planes vs bombers - jump in the back seat and easily suppress attacks. Easy enough to take one down but there is literally zero skill involved in planes. Unless you call skill the ability to turn the air plane.

The lighting is terrible. The maps are terrible. Weapon customization does practically nothing. My favorite weapons are all default. Iím level 20 in every class w 100 hrs.

Theyíve killed any chance of having a battlefield moment and replaced it in a desperate attempt to compete with PUBG and fortnite. The amazing thing is how they donít realize that everyone wouldíve been much more satisfied with a tradional BF game.
« Last Edit: 09:49 AM - 12/05/18 by asilver »
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:28 PM - 12/05/18 »
Iím hearing the most mixed opinions on this game itís crazy, some propel were saying t would be trash and now like it, Iím hearing some BF veterans saying the Multiplayer for them has topped BF4 then a few people complaining.

Imma still wait for the price to drop more because I know it will lol.

Yeah, I was one of the ones who's been dumping on it since announcement and the beta didn't help but the final release made me have a change of heart.

I think the people who legit don't like the game, and I mean the actual gameplay not because that feel insulted by Dice or are upset by it's incomplete nature, are the people who just can't stand the heat. They are the group of people who started playing Battlefield with Bad Company 2 and weren't around for the days of BF2 and 2142 where TTK was at least as fast as COD and it was even arcadier than COD in some ways.

Hardline was in a similar situation. It shares a lot in spirit with the Special Forces addon for BF2 which is my favorite Battlefield experience. And some post BC2 fans don't seem to like that older style of fast paced gameplay. It also didn't help that a lot of people wrote it off after the terrible first alpha and never gave it a chance to see how much better it got. But Hardline managed to maintain a loyal and healthy player base through the years.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:12 PM - 12/05/18 »
This isnít exactly a high skill game. As someone said earlier, just lay down on a rock and youíre practically invisible.

Tanks are soft targets and have absolutely no chance at defending past a certain amount of time. Planes arenít much better, itís a very dull experience after a couple hours. I guess you all donít ever play vehicles because of the slow turn speed. imo battlefield isnít the same when itís infantry focused on bad maps.

I think thatís something we can all agree on, the maps arenít the best. They really want to balance vehicles but theyíre in over their heads just trying to satisfy noobs.

« Last Edit: 03:19 PM - 12/05/18 by asilver »
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go