XIM Community

Xim Apex Auto weapon switch macro (fortnite, BO4...)  (Read 361 times)

Offline ikinz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DabDaddii
just wondering if this is possible, to set a macro when you push a button itíll do an action. for instance Fortnite, if you was to enter battle and you want to switch from your shotgun to your next available weapon you want to ch0ose for instance an SMG or AR.

what this would do is that it would switch in between the two weapons quicker .

just something i was wondering out

!
thanks

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim Apex Auto weapon switch macro (fortnite, BO4...)
« Reply #1 on: 04:22 AM - 12/01/18 »
Weapon switching relies on the speed of a game's animation to complete. In Fortnite, peeps were abusing double-pump to fire shotties faster than normal, but Epic patched it out.

The same applies to Call of Duty games and jitter exploits to cancel shoot / swap animations, they get patched out pretty quickly.

Long story short - don't even bother trying to do this. Game developers consider it an exploit and you are in breach of their ToS for abusing it. That can and does result in account bans.

Also, Xim does not nor ever will support native macros. You need third-party devices, or a PC for that. In the end, you've got to weigh up risk vs reward. I use auto-fire macros in many games to help with joint pain (I'm an old dog), but they don't make weapons fire faster than normal.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ikinz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DabDaddii
Re: Xim Apex Auto weapon switch macro (fortnite, BO4...)
« Reply #2 on: 03:09 PM - 12/01/18 »
that would make a lot of sense, thanks for the reply