XIM Community

Slow walk  (Read 567 times)

Offline iBosnian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iBosnian-773
  • PSN ID: Joker-_-773
Slow walk
« on: 12:31 PM - 11/30/18 »
Sorry if this is the wrong form to ask this, mod please move.

Anyway how do you guys slow walk with a keyboard. For example on a game like rainbow six. Is there a way to slow down you walking speed when you hold down W to walk forward, basically sneak instead of walk full speed.

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
Re: Slow walk
« Reply #1 on: 12:39 PM - 11/30/18 »
Deadzone to 25 or somewhere around there in game for R6 slows walk way down. I'm not aware of a good way to do this in the Xim itself. But Left deadzone is how you slow the walk to my knowledge. Mine is 20 I believe.
*PS4 Pro
*GPro Wireless 500hz / 16,000 DPI
*K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Cherry Mx: Speed
*Xim Apex 1000hz | Titan Two
*Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 222.22 | X/Y Ratio: 2.60
*Smoothing 6 | Sync: OFF | Right Stick Deadzone: 0
*Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond

Offline iBosnian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iBosnian-773
  • PSN ID: Joker-_-773
« Reply #2 on: 02:37 PM - 11/30/18 »
Deadzone to 25 or somewhere around there in game for R6 slows walk way down. I'm not aware of a good way to do this in the Xim itself. But Left deadzone is how you slow the walk to my knowledge. Mine is 20 I believe.

I found it in the xim phone manager app there is a new add on for slow walk you have to check it.
I got mine to literally crawl if I want to.

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:43 PM - 11/30/18 »
interesting. I've got mine where I want it though.
*PS4 Pro
*GPro Wireless 500hz / 16,000 DPI
*K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Cherry Mx: Speed
*Xim Apex 1000hz | Titan Two
*Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 222.22 | X/Y Ratio: 2.60
*Smoothing 6 | Sync: OFF | Right Stick Deadzone: 0
*Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:49 PM - 11/30/18 »
Xim has had an option to bind a key to Walk for many years. What it does is drop the movement speed down to 50%.

I bind Walk onto my Sprint key as an Aux config. Tapping Sprint will Sprint as per usual. Holding Sprint will Walk.

1. Don't add a Walk binding to the HIP page. Instead, create a new Aux page in Xim Manager. Optionally rename it to Walk.
2. Deselect Inherit. Use your Sprint key as the Activation binding. Add a delay of 200ms.
3. Go down to Movement and bind the same Sprint key to Walk. Leave all other bindings the same.

The same method can be used to setup Aux pages for Sniping mode (lower sens), or driving Vehicles (higher sens). All you need is a spare mouse button or keyboard key and to remember the bindings.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts