XIM Community

Poll

Are you waiting on the pre-built Xim360 or are you doing one of the D.I.Y. kits?

I'm ordering the D.I.Y. kit.
40 (35.7%)
I'm ordering the pre-built kit.
72 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Are you waiting on the pre-built Xim360 or are you doing one of the D.I.Y. kits?  (Read 7708 times)

Offline OshocKNAweO

• View Profile
iv been waiting for something like this for a long time, Ill be drop some cash on the Prebuilt
model

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
derek said the pre built are 140-150 w/o shipping its in one of the threads.
If I buy the controller and chip separately it's $94.94.

So the labor is $44-$55. That's a bit pricey.

Well, I'd say that's justified. Part of that $44 - $55 is also for the solder and upkeep of their soldering equipment and also any other material needed such as glue, screws, etc. The labor consists of maintenance of required tools, the intensive soldering and also testing each unit. So each prebuilt will take some time. The cost also covers having to either manually go out and find 005 revision controllers or receiving shipped bulk orders. Shipping costs are expensive. Manually going out to find controllers costs gas and time. The xim team may also have to either hire people if orders intensify or trick dumb friends into helping them virtually for free (have to feed em pizza at one point) hehe. Anyway, definitely don't want to sound harsh, but I think the team is barely going to make any extra profit from the extra bit for the labor. Plus, they are doin the work themselves. So, they have to set up their own sweatshop and chain themselves to their work tables for 18 hours a day.

Also, if you were to buy a xim1, controller and an xfps, you're looking at the same price if not more. So, I'd have to say it's a good deal. Best part about it - you don't have to solder anything yourself. It works straight outta the box. :)
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline hak

• View Profile
I think the pre-built comes with warranty as well, which sounds incredible for a modded product...

Offline Ikzilion

• View Profile
Pre-built   ;D

Offline locked88

• View Profile
I ordered the DIY. I think assembling it will be okay, just take my time and follow the instructions. I don't see any obstructions or tiny microscopic things to solder so it shouldn't be too bad.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
4. I'll be pwning Paul Miller's @#$% a lot sooner in Halo 3, than I would if I was waiting on the pre-built.

Totally with you on that.  This should be your #1 reason!   ;D

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Wow, more pre-built orders are out there than I once thought .Better be on my toes when the pre-built orders are ready to be taken... so I can jump in line as early as possible. ;)

Offline Aceright

• View Profile
The more I read the more interested I am. Pre-built (I don't even have a solder iron, let alone know how) at a reasonable price would be tempting. Looking forward to a slew of media to show how great it is!

Offline ipn0tic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ipn0tico
Hi

DIY kit, since I done some bad things in the past, PS2 chip install(5 wires very thin), WII chip install all wires by hand, XBOX, etc, I think I can manage to do this with no issues. When I get it I try to take some pictures or video of the install and share them here for the comunity.

Best regards
J.O.
« Last Edit: 06:39 AM - 07/23/08 by ipn0tic »

Offline Edward

• View Profile
Dude I can soder for my life, I am gonna buy a pre-built, is there a way I can be notified when XIM360 is taking orders?

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
Dude I can soder for my life, I am gonna buy a pre-built, is there a way I can be notified when XIM360 is taking orders?

Yeah I'll give you a call.

Offline Guemation

• View Profile
pre-built for me! No soldering skills... ;D

Offline alienbladex

• View Profile
Prebuilt for me thanks 8)

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
Wow, more pre-built orders are out there than I once thought .Better be on my toes when the pre-built orders are ready to be taken... so I can jump in line as early as possible. ;)

Yeah no joke.  Lucky for me, derek and I are like brothers, we are so close.  He's my best friend in the whole world and he's so handsome.  That's why I'll be at the front of the line for XIM 2 prebuilts..  Right derek?  ......Derek?  Hey derek.  Yo...over here.  deeerrreeeeekkkkk!!

I don't think he's listening to me.  That's no way to treat a brother.