XIM Community

Xbox One X input lag fest...  (Read 4072 times)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One X input lag fest...
« Reply #30 on: 02:58 PM - 12/11/18 »
Im saying that bo4 and ww2 arent megaman. Besides that its not just me saying, its several ppl saying.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11:07 PM - 12/20/18 »
Hi,

so im not only one who detect some lag. Cant compare PS4 or other Xbox1X with XIM Apex but there is for sure something going on, mostly in HIP movement. Im playing only BO4 right now, and i can tell its rubberbandish feel at HIP controlls, not so much in ADS.

ADS is fine, smooth and everything with XIM Apex, but HIP feels laggy and rubberbandish for sure when making fast "corner checks" to look from side to side.. Thats easy to detect after played with PC 165Hz. Same monitor (Asus 1440p @ 165Hz). I dont want even try with TV...

Once more i must check monitor settings from Xbox just in case, V-sync etc are forced to be on? Cant remember to see anything else than resolution / colour options etc.

Its not netlag, thats variable and all tested at local game too.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:02 AM - 12/21/18 »
Forget it, its not the xim. Either a fugg up in the game or more likely some fugg up in the xbox os / driver issues, since Ive noticed this behaviour in multiple games and with the xbox controller only, connected via usb.

Its a pile of dog mud, xbox ui still laggy as heck. You open smth and it takes several seconds for the menu to show up or app to open.

Considering that in 2 years at the latest, the ps5 and xbox 2 will come out, save yourself all the hassle with the X. Theres no such lag on pro. I already sold my Xbox X for more money that i payed on black friday, so didnt lose anything.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04:07 AM - 12/21/18 »
I haven't touched Black Ops 4 for a couple of weeks. I've been playing pretty much everything but, BO2, MW2, MW3, Battlefield BC2, 4, 1, V. My first match after the Absolute Zero patch and after playing a lot of BF4 and I have to say there is an insane amount of input lag in BO4. I can't compare it to the PS4 version but even compared to emulated 360 CODs the input lag is ridiculous. It's worse than 30 FPS BC2.

I'm redownloading WW2 to see if it has issues but I very much remember testing this one side by side with the PS4 Pro version and it was a bit better on X1X but on both consoles it was one of the more responsive games.

Also, I do remember that BO3 had input lag issues on PS4 Pro but I can't compare it to the Xbox version but my guess is it's just typical Trasharch engineering.

Offline Nudedude

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04:15 AM - 12/21/18 »
Also remember to shut game down manually after playing, i have noticed it might feel stutter / laggy etc. sometimes if its nor shutted down at home page.

About his rubberbanded feel in HIP movement in BO4, if you controll a RC XD scorestreak it feels much more snappier. Hope HIP movement could feel as sharp too, like in PC.

This might be in game engine.

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:37 AM - 12/21/18 »
ill be first to admit i didnt even bother to read last page of post sorry.

but i come from pc background ive noticed the input lag instantly didnt feel it was a massive issue(only because im nubbing at the moment not competitive playing.) and then i also thought maybe its because of the Xim Apex im using so i just wrote it off as industrial hazard but yer definatly a delay which u then have to retrain your self for which sucks if you need to be scalping.

just fyi santigolds. i felt the same way before i read your post but im on a 3rd world system at the moment so i didnt really think i had the right to start blasting off haha glad you put in the time and effort mate.
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08:59 AM - 12/21/18 »
Fair enough mate, thank YOU for sharing your experience and basically confirming what i wrote in previous posts. Yeah for ppl who have a pc background it will be instantly noticeable.

I didnt have any doubts, that the input lag on xbox X indeed exists and is quite annoying, after owning 2 different Xbox Xs and testing it with different monitors, hdmi cables etc. But once again thanks to everyone who actually confirmed that you also noticed input lag.

Once again, I personally played on 3 different PS4 Pros ( i own 2- one is cuh 7000 and one is cuh 7216b newest hardware revision and my brother also has cuh 7216) and theres no input lag like on xbox X or if it exists, it is so small that its not an issue at all, whereas on Xbox X it is very noticable, right as you play the first time or mess around in a custom game for the first time after playing on ps4 pro or pc.

In BO4 the minimal graphics advantage for the Xbox X vs PS4 Pro didnt justify keeping the Xbox for me, the graphical advantage wasnt big enough to compensate the input lag, thats why I sold the X. I dont rule out potentially buying a Xbox 2 in a couple of years, however I will be very cautious about the input lag and test the console somewhere before I drop the money on the Xbox two.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12:21 PM - 12/21/18 »
Again, can't speak for BO4 on PS4 Pro but considering that BO3 had similar issues on PS4 Pro and that every other game has better input on X1X it's definitely a Trasharch issue. This is further evidenced by the fact that patch 1.04 played perfectly. Painting it as a console issue is disingenuous especially when you basically just tested one game. So, yes, if you only care about BO4 forget X1X or even PS4 Pro as I bet it probably has its own input lag issues. Get the PC version or forget BO4 all together as Trasharch engineers are terrible.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:27 PM - 12/21/18 »
I don't have any problem at all on xbox1 x with free sync..the worst thing for me is all I play is black ops 4 and xbox is the only thing that hasn't been up graded to 60hz servers. I use the nighthawk xr700 router , so I don't have to worry about sbmm. you pick your own server. lol

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02:05 PM - 12/22/18 »
Redownloaded and played WWII on X1X, it's just as I remember. The input and response is some of the best on consoles and switching between WWII and BO4 the quality in input is even more stark. The Modern Warfare engine line of games has always had a superior input quality to the Black Ops engine line of games but these past two years the contrast is greater than ever.

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #40 on: 06:45 PM - 12/22/18 »
I had tons of input lag on x1x for bo4 but it was cord/cable specific for some odd reason and also how long the software is on.

OS is pretty garbage honestly...  I like the ideas MS has these past few years but I'm annoyed they aren't executing them well/pushing them further.
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07:07 PM - 12/22/18 »
WWii is indeed the best game in terms of look mechanics by far. No other cod comes close to it (well maybe Infinite Warfare does), let alone any other fps games on consoles. It realy gets very close to PC feel when using the xim. Although afaik SH uses a modified version of 3arc engine.

BO4 though- its a pile of inconsistent mess in terms of look mechanics and input lag.

Yeah the Xbox OS is a half axxed crap, very clunky, laggy and unintuitive. Xbox store is a mess too, which is why Phil spencer aims to "fix" it in the future. I hope they do alot better on their next gen console, because Xbox One as a whole was a big disappointment in my book. I came from 360 and it was a better system overall in terms of functionality, OS and so on.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10:43 PM - 12/22/18 »
WWii is indeed the best game in terms of look mechanics by far. No other cod comes close to it (well maybe Infinite Warfare does), let alone any other fps games on consoles. It realy gets very close to PC feel when using the xim. Although afaik SH uses a modified version of 3arc engine.

BO4 though- its a pile of inconsistent mess in terms of look mechanics and input lag.

Yeah the Xbox OS is a half axxed crap, very clunky, laggy and unintuitive. Xbox store is a mess too, which is why Phil spencer aims to "fix" it in the future. I hope they do alot better on their next gen console, because Xbox One as a whole was a big disappointment in my book. I came from 360 and it was a better system overall in terms of functionality, OS and so on.

Personally, I thought the OS after the blades was kind of crappy and the newest Xbox one is on par maybe slightly better. When I went from 360 to PS4 the improvement in OS (except the storefront) was massive. PS4's storefront is still not that great though it was improved once they changed the search feature. In layout I prefer Xbox store front but PS4's does perform a bit better. However, I can't really make a fair comparison with UI performance because I have an SSD installed internally in PS4 and Xbox it's external.

Digital Foundry have mentioned that WWII is a grandchild of the Modern Warfare engine as was Advanced Warfare. To me, the feel and look of them is very much like the current gen version of the MW engine. Ghosts was a heavily modified version of the MW3 engine and of course Treyarch's is an entirely different thing all together. So you really have 3 engines. Treyarch have their Black Ops engine, Infinity Ward use the Ghosts engine (Ghosts and Infinite Warfare), and Sledgehammer use a modified Modern Warfare engine.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11:38 AM - 01/10/19 »
Just to confirm what I read with a question.

Xbox one is better than Xbox one X with the apex (at 500 mouse polling instead of 1000)?

I am asking because I have a ps4 and my brother has an xbox. I want to buy an xbox and ensure that I get the correct console- as i am quite particular about input delay.

Offline CameronMC

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04:18 PM - 01/29/19 »
I have the XIM Apex the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro and I can barely notice a difference on BO4, my KDR and win % on Blackout seems similar on both but here is the thing..

My mate tried both consoles during the free Blackout trial the other week and he only has a XIM4 and he said he can barely AIM on the Xbox One X but keep in mind he had an Ultrawide PC monitor and is forced to play 1080p even though his screen native is 3440x1440p and on PS4 Pro he can use 1440p which might look more right when aiming.

Anyway he said his aiming on the Xbox One version feels floaty and rubber-bandy just like you said in this thread but for some reason with my XIM apex I dont notice it as much but he does with his XIM4?

Kind regards,
Cameron.