XIM Community

Xbox One X input lag fest...  (Read 1894 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One X input lag fest...
« Reply #15 on: 07:57 AM - 12/01/18 »
Mayday Mayday Obsiv can you confirm, I repeat, can youuuu confirm?
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:28 AM - 12/01/18 »
I have 2 Xbox one X's one on a 4k Monitor and the other on a Q7 Qled Samsung and i have never had input lag.
XBOX ONE X  | Playstation 4 Pro | Switch | PC i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: FinalMouse Air 58 | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: GK61 60% RGB w/ Zeal 62g | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Logitech Pro

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:38 AM - 12/01/18 »
I have 2 Xbox one X's one on a 4k Monitor and the other on a Q7 Qled Samsung and i have never had input lag.

Same I've never experienced this either, at least nothing that I could easily point a stick at. Makes me wonder if it's setup related somehow. I do agree that the system menus can be leggy at times. That got so bad they've implemented a quick refresh option.

I do clear my cache often though. Mostly because I play Skyrim still.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Anti Aim Assist curves for ANY Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
BO4 Advanced Setup - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71097.msg718710#msg718710
Destiny 2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Retrospect

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:04 AM - 12/01/18 »
If there is input lag I would have to say it's pretty negligible at best. I'm sure it can vary wildly from hardware setup and even probably game to game. I wouldn't say I am super sensitive to these sort of things, but I can certainly notice input lag if it is moderate/severe, and on my setup at least, it's fine.

I am running the Xim Apex on my XB1X with a g pro set at 500HZ on both pieces of hardware and playing on an Asus VG248QE through HDMI input. Input lag for me on games like RDR2 and Gears 4 is minimal but more noticeable on RDR2 definitely, always feels like there is just that ever so slight delay on movements. I am probably going to pick up BO4 on my xbox and test that out soon. I just got my XIM setup last night with this system so I will continue to test and report back when I know more!

I would really need a proper setup to give an assessment of this with a PS4 pro or base model as well and the proper instruments to objectively measure the input lag on both consoles with similar setups. Apart from any of us actually empirically testing the numbers it's pretty much conjecture and can be somewhat subjective IMO.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:08 AM - 12/01/18 »
Mice definitely don't do 1000hz constantly, some rare exceptions existing. XIM fills the gaps. Sure its not that Santi?
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:59 PM - 12/01/18 »

Edit #2: Some of what I'm experiencing could be related to the systemwide implementation of Vsync that the X uses. Using free sync might actually help a lot if you have a monitor that supports it. Guess I might hold onto mine until the update.

He basically draws the same conclusion as I have and its not my accout on reddit or anything like that.

I don't think the Vsync is system wide it's only reserved for backwards compatible games and possibly unpatched Xbox One games (though, I'm not 100% on that one). Games that have an X patch; dev settings override the forced 16x texture filtering and vsync.

Have you tried comparing setting your monitor settings manually to automatically? Because I'm just not experiencing what you are and historically there is no reason you should be experiencing what you are. Xbox has always had better input response compared to Playstation. It's why they always preferred using Xbox systems at fighting game tournaments if possible. You can find plenty of input lag comparisons and controversies where PS3 or PS4 had much more input lag than 360 or One.

If you had said that X1X BC games had noticeable input lag then, yes, it's very noticeable. Not even compared to a 360 but compared to current gen games. Otherwise every game I played on both patched or X enhanced feels more responsive and smoother on X1X than Pro.

Also, you have to be cautious comparing games in multiplayer. Network lag does impact input lag, you mentioned BO3 and BO4 and that applies to those games especially.

Where do you reside? Most of Xbox's player base is focused in North America so if you live on another continent maybe that's where your problems stem from.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:18 AM - 12/02/18 »
I was testing in a private local game, so dont think network has anything to do with it.

I played a session of 8 hours yesterday on Xbox and recorded it. Then switched to PS4 Pro and played a few games there. The input lag is absolutely noticeable between those 2 systems.

It is not on my end, as Ive tested with 2 different monitors- one 1440p and one is 4K and controller cables connected directly to the console.

Overall- it is sorta playable on Xbox, but adds unnecessary floatyness and rubberbanding to the aiming feel. (esp. in Wolfenstein game) And again Im talking about controllers connected directly to the console. Ofcourse it could also be felt using a xim. PS4 Pro was instant, no matter what, while on the X I had that ever so slightly input lag of I would say 16-25 ms. Around 1-1.5 frames delay compared to the PS4 Pro is how it felt to me on XBox X.

Input Lag can be caused by the game engine/implementation or the OS, Im not saying that PS4 has better input lag across the board and every single game and scenario. It is absolutely possible that some fighting games were badly implemented on the PS4 and had less input lag on Xbox.

I only compared COD WW2 and BO4 and those were my findings. Those of you who dont experience or dont feel/notice the input lag or perhaps dont have it (which I dont think is actually the case but whatever)- then theres no need to worry about anything, youre all set. Im staying on PS4 for COD however.

Oh and btw- yesterday I played  BO4 8 hours straight on Xbox and the skill is waaaaaaay lower in central europe than on the ps4. I didnt meet a sick tryhard party even once during those 8 hours. It is way more "laid back" and "relaxed" playing on Xbox One than PS4. However I did notice that the connections got significantly worse progressively with the daytime. At around 12-1 am it became basically unplayable. Here in europe we dont have many xbox players, the numbers on psn are somewhere around 3:1 or bigger compared to xbl, basically same as the sale numbers.

I mean all COD tournaments are played on PS4 and all competitive streamers and youtubers play on ps4 as far as I can tell, thats why I was surprised to read that apparently there are many competitive players on Xbox.

That f1stdacuffs streamer guy also regularly streams on his Xbox X and I only see bad players in his games. You will maybe see a jumpshotting player once in 7-8 games. Same as it was in my game session yesterday. On PS4 its alot more sweaty, there are worlds in between. At least here in central europe it is the case. I will upload the 8 hours game session on Xbox X just for fun. The size is around 500 Gigabytes (4k 60fps @ 120 Mbits/second), which is half a Terabyte. I wanna see how youtube handles it lol.
« Last Edit: 08:22 AM - 12/02/18 by Santigold »

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:26 PM - 12/02/18 »
I only compared COD WW2 and BO4 and those were my findings. Those of you who dont experience or dont feel/notice the input lag or perhaps dont have it (which I dont think is actually the case but whatever)- then theres no need to worry about anything, youre all set. Im staying on PS4 for COD however.

See, when I first tried the BO4 beta on X1X compared to playing it on Pro I did notice that it had more input lag but the beta was a bigger mess in general on X1X. Also with patch 1.04, the one where they made netcode flawless, it felt on point. After they released 1.05, where they messed up the netcode again, input went back to feeling inconsistent depending on the lobby. This just reeks of a netcode issue more than anything else. And WW2 has always felt better on X1X than on Pro.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: 02:46 PM - 12/02/18 »
I can see the problem right off-the-bat in those photos - your walls are painted white.

Microsoft devices don't respond well to electronic signals bouncing back off them from reflective surfaces. Paint them MS Green, the signals will be absorbed and solve your input lag problems instantly!

All I can say is I bought PS4, XB1 and PS4 Pro day one. I'm yet to even look at an XB1X box. Sure, the hardware is finally up to scratch, but the library of exclusive Xbox games is abysmal and I loathe XB1's clunky, laggy, poorly designed UI. The only game I've invested any time into on XB1 is Sunset Overdrive, every other game I play is on PS4, including cross-platform.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline PookieLove

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PookLove
« Reply #24 on: 06:04 AM - 12/03/18 »
I have both consoles, side by side, and the first thing I noticed was that my aim felt heavier on xbox one x than on the xbox one.. I'm glad someone noticed this but is there a fix? It's super annoying watching my accuracy drop game after game.
« Last Edit: 07:12 AM - 12/03/18 by PookieLove »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:22 AM - 12/03/18 »
It is most likely inside the OS/gpu drivers on the X, so in that case theres no solution as of right now.

In terms of BO4 patches that changed the behaviour- I did my tests in a custom game, which is hosted directly on the console and not on dedicated servers. Which means the connection didnt have any influence on my tests.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:15 PM - 12/03/18 »
Doesn't matter if it's dedicated or not. There's something in COD's netcode that adds over a hundred ms of lag regardless of whether you play online or not and it seems completely random too. You can in fact test this by playing enough against bots even in local play with connection turned off. You'll notice that some matches feel fine and some matches you're getting lag phagged by bots and the aiming feels floatier. It's not an Xbox thing it's a COD netcode thing and the seeming randomness of it can make you believe all sorts of things. I went to search for that video demonstrating this but I found something related but more interesting instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcjsa6een8

So depending on what mood COD is in it can give you or your opponent a 3-6+ frame advantage. Unfortunately for me with patch 1.05 and later it feels like i'm always at this disadvantage and why I've given up on BO4.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01:02 PM - 12/03/18 »
So depending on what mood COD is in it can give you or your opponent a 3-6+ frame advantage. Unfortunately for me with patch 1.05 and later it feels like i'm always at this disadvantage and why I've given up on BO4.

This in engine delay was exactly the same in BO2 already. I remember some ppl made similar video as in the link, hosting a split screen custom game and comparing delay. It is sad than nothing has improved since then, its the same sheety broken 3arch engine with broken camera angles and random player model animation delay. Makes you wonder if it is actually on purpose- adds more randomness and increases the chances for a bad player to get a random kill on a better player, by seeing the enemy 80ms earlier.

What I felt was something different though, it was button to pixel delay, not in terms of different lag compensation for every player.

You can have lag compensation on moving enemies in the game, but no button to pixel delay- say if you fire a bullet, or move your crosshair- it is instant. On Xbox X it seems both is happening with BO4, at least it did for me. COD wasnt the only game, Wolfenstein 2 also had this input lag and its actually a single player 60 fps game. Thats is the reason why I think it is not just BO4's fault. And again, on PS4 I dont have the button to pixel delay as I do on Xbox, but the engine lag (lag compensation/delayed enemy player model animation) is present on ps4 as well. But that is purely BO4s fault then.

Ive seen too many reports for Xbox X having input lag from different ppl and in different games, so in this case I do think its the Operating System itself and not the games. I mean the guy above has both Xbone and Xbone X and even he noticed input lag on X when comparing both. But it doesnt matter to me any more for now, because I am going to sell the Xbox these days. It will only matter to me again if I will consider buying a next gen Xbox some time in the future.
« Last Edit: 01:08 PM - 12/03/18 by Santigold »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03:08 PM - 12/10/18 »
I found this right here rather interesting. The guy is a casual player, but even he claims that the PS4 sticks are "more responsive". Well he prolly isnt tech savy enough and cant point the finger to what exactly is going on, but it is in fact:

a- higher input lag on Xbox X and

b- dead zone on the analogue sticks on the Xbox One controller isnt as tight as on ps4 controller. You have a noticeable travel (a few millimeters), before the character starts reacting to the analogue sticks. It is not big, but it will be noticable to ppl who are sensitive enough to this kind of stuff. So heres the point in the video, where SolidRev mentions it (at 4:00 minutes):

https://youtu.be/6tjYBxMxRI8?t=240

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10:39 PM - 12/10/18 »
I just saw a digital foundry video that tested the input lag on a C8 TV for a video game (mega man 11). The Xbox X had 62ms of latency and ps4 pro had 90ms input lag on the same TV.

Ps4 generally uses triple buffering while Xbox games tend to use double buffering with adaptive vsynct. In general ps4 pro has higher input latency and lower stick resolution compared to Xbox One X.... so you were saying?