XIM Community

MX 518 Legendary- Iím loving it!!!  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
MX 518 Legendary- Iím loving it!!!
« on: 03:46 PM - 11/28/18 »

« Last Edit: 10:36 AM - 12/01/18 by Gamer4life »

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
Re: MX 518 Legendary- Iím loving it!!!
« Reply #1 on: 07:45 PM - 11/28/18 »
Ok after playing pubg for a couple of hours with the MX 518 I can now share my thoughts on it. But first a quick background of my mice history as well as my history with the xim.

I bought the xim apex around March and this is my first time playing with xim or any other console adapter for that matter. I purchased a total of six mice from March to now, November 28, 2018. The mice are as follows in order of oldest first to recent purchase:

1. Logitech G502 proteus
2.Death Adder elite chrome
3. Zowie EC-2b
4. Rival 600
5. Wired G-Pro Hero
6. MX518 2018 Legendary (Hero Sensor)

Ok I know thatís a lot of mice in a short time but  there was always something that didnít feel right with the prior mice and I figure why not I work for my money. Now after playing with this mouse I can tell you this is the mouse for me!!!! Iíve been playing pubg for the last couple of hours and my accuracy feels great. The mouse is comfortable to hold and it feels relatively light.

Now I know this sudden amazing accuracy is not placebo as I have played with the above mice and never found this sudden increase in accuracy. And I know itís not the sensor because I have the G-Pro Hero with the same sensor. What I believe is happening is two-fold:

1. The size of the mouse fits my hand perfectly( the length of my hand from the base of my palm to the end of my middle finger is 20.32cm or 8 inches overall).
2. The design of the mouse i.e. the button design, the presses, and shape are great!

I donít ever feel like Iím going to lose my grip like with the rival, the buttons are not mushy like the ec2b, and the button placement has room unlike the G502 proteus. Also, the button presses for when I ads and fire, I believe M1&M2, feel better to me than the others.

Well thanks for reading my review Iím super excited to finally have found a mouse that works for me personally so I thought Iíd share.  I canít promise itís the one for you as I finally understand that itís not the sensor of the mouse but the size, shape, and overall design that counts!!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:49 PM - 11/28/18 »
I have no idea that this BEATY was launched. I have my OG MX518 ver1.0 love it to death.

I going to buy two of these beauties.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:50 PM - 11/28/18 »
I have no idea that this BEATY was launched. I have my OG MX518 ver1.0 love it to death.

I going to buy two of these beauties.

I have never owned the original only read others who had them and praised them. I can officially say I agree this is THE mouse for me. Just so you are aware Alan I had to order through AliExpress as it was only available in China. The name of the merchant was majortech if I can recall and they did have a website so I felt comfortable.

The price was $69 with free shipping, however I saw some other post on reddit from people who supposedly ordered it for $40, as that is how much it costs in China. When I clicked on that link it was all in Chinese so I paid the premium and went with AliExpress.

I can say that it came in really good packaging as it was wrapped all in black plastic, then placed in a cardboard box, then had those bubble wraps over the actual Logitech box. I placed the order November 11 and received it today November 28.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #4 on: 09:48 PM - 11/28/18 »
Dude I had 2 of the 518s and 2 of the 500s

Where do I get one??

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:05 PM - 11/28/18 »
Dude I had 2 of the 518s and 2 of the 500s

Where do I get one??

Hey colb, as far as I can tell it hasnít been released outside of China yet. They are selling it on eBay, and other sites, however I went through AliExpress.com. I also checked to see if the same seller I ordered from was still selling it and they are. Type in AliExpress and then once there search MX518. The specific store I ordered from shows the picture of the MX518 box. Select that pic and scroll almost all the way to the bottom and it should say store info. The store I bought from was called Majortech technology co Ltd. Thatís the only one I can vouch for as that is who I ordered from.

Hope that helps and enjoy the mouse it is incredible!!

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:52 PM - 11/28/18 »
I hear a lot of praise for this alien ship mouse... what's the scoop? what makes it so great? do I need to buy one?

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:55 AM - 11/29/18 »
Ohhhh this interests me. I loved this mouse when I used in the early-mid 2000s.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:38 PM - 11/29/18 »
I hear a lot of praise for this alien ship mouse... what's the scoop? what makes it so great? do I need to buy one?

Hey redacted, whether you need this mouse or not is purely a subjective question that only you can answer. If your happy with the mouse you have then stay with it.

I read the marketing and the reviews of all the mouse I bought and some had complaints and others praised each one. For me it seemed like this journey of finding the right mouse was nothing more than a novel idea. Now that I have the MX518 legendary I can say itís very real and there is a mouse that fits me perfectly.

How do I know? Because when I play pubg now I feel like I am in sync with my aim. I know this is not due to the sensor because the same sensor is in the GPRO HERO. So itís a combination of the sensor, design and size with an emphasis on the last two being superb.

Honestly, if you really want to know why itís because when I move that mouse with my hand the song ďIsland in the SunĒ by weezer plays in my head and I know I wonít feel bad anymore.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:14 PM - 11/29/18 »

Honestly, if you really want to know why itís because when I move that mouse with my hand the song ďIsland in the SunĒ by weezer plays in my head and I know I wonít feel bad anymore.

That's it, I'm buying it :D

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:41 PM - 11/29/18 »

That's it, I'm buying it :D

LMAO

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #11 on: 01:37 PM - 11/30/18 »
MX 518 with a Hero Sensor?Got my old one here...completely shredded but can not throw her in the trash.Best shape ever.
Great news!!!
PS4 Pro & XB1 X
ASUS VG259Q
Apex 1000Hz
Viper UT| 3200 DPI | 1000Hz
CM MP510
Logitech GX Clicky G Pro
Soundblaster G6
Sennheiser 598

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:29 AM - 12/01/18 »
WHAT WHAT WHAT?
an updated mx518???

man the mx510/518/g400 shape is the best mouse shape imo, not sure if those specs are correct but that would be huge:
specification:
USB Wired
Resolution 16000dpi (Hero Sensor)
Number of buttons 7
Cable Length 2,08m
Size 130mm65mm40mm
Weight 100g

couldnt find an EU/US release date though but if the price rumor of around 40Ä is true then man you get a hero sensor with a great shape and good weight for an extremly fair price!

edit: It should come early 2019 and has an onboard memory for up to 5 profiles according to sources like golem.de
« Last Edit: 05:45 AM - 12/01/18 by Od1n »
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #13 on: 10:06 AM - 12/01/18 »
WHAT WHAT WHAT?
an updated mx518???

man the mx510/518/g400 shape is the best mouse shape imo, not sure if those specs are correct but that would be huge:
specification:
USB Wired
Resolution 16000dpi (Hero Sensor)
Number of buttons 7
Cable Length 2,08m
Size 130mm65mm40mm
Weight 100g

couldnt find an EU/US release date though but if the price rumor of around 40Ä is true then man you get a hero sensor with a great shape and good weight for an extremly fair price!

edit: It should come early 2019 and has an onboard memory for up to 5 profiles according to sources like golem.de

I agree 100%. It's the best mouse shape ever! I currently have a g502 for my XIM and  the shape just doesn't work well for me... which is frustrating, because it's a really good mouse.

But an MX518 re-release? Oh man.... my favorite mouse ever made. Feels like it was molded for my hand! Can't wait to get one.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:15 AM - 12/01/18 »
I modified my initial post to show the pics I took with my iPhone. Enjoy!

Admin