XIM Community

High DPI Lower APEX Sensitivity vs Low DPI Higher APEX Sensitivity  (Read 2020 times)

Offline toobhed

• View Profile
I have followed the basic setup for the new Battlefield V config (works great!)  and have been experimenting with DPI.

Is there an advantage of one over the other?  Should you always use max mouse DPI and dial in the APEX sensitivity from there? 

Offline Addy2strong

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Addy too strong
From what ive tested minimum dpi should be around 3200-4500 and obviously maximum is up to you.. i typically use high dpi for common sync and 4500 dpi for default sync. I go back in fortg between the two. Ultimately if you want less aim assist use high dpi on common. More aim assist use the default formula.

Offline LavenderGoomz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I don't want salty kids reporting me
  • PSN ID: I don't want salty kids reporting me
From what I've read common has the strongest aim assist feeling and default and off have the least. .I'm pretty sure you got that backwards.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
High DPI + Sync OFF = lower AA
Low DPI + Any other Sync = more AA

Choose your destiny :)

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
Battlefield has one of the most customizable setting menus I have seen. The issue of aim assist is irrelevant since you can turn all assists off individually, same with acceleration values.
*PS4 Pro
*GPro Wireless 500hz / 16,000 DPI
*K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Cherry Mx: Speed
*Xim Apex 1000hz | Titan Two
*Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 222.22 | X/Y Ratio: 2.60
*Smoothing 6 | Sync: OFF | Right Stick Deadzone: 0
*Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond

Offline juxtaposn

• View Profile
Battlefield has one of the most customizable setting menus I have seen. The issue of aim assist is irrelevant since you can turn all assists off individually, same with acceleration values.

i was curious about this — i saw that big thread with settings that advocated turning off aim assist in game. if you do this, does that mean there will be no difference whatsoever between different syncs? and is there any small aspect of AA that remains to be customized, ie is there still magnetism, etc, that can be increase/decreased in any way, or is AA just totally gone at that point?

and — for someone who actually enjoys the initial “snap to” type of AA for dragscopes in destiny, what are some reasons i shouldn’t just leave on that option in the menu? thanks

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have followed the basic setup for the new Battlefield V config (works great!)  and have been experimenting with DPI.

Is there an advantage of one over the other?  Should you always use max mouse DPI and dial in the APEX sensitivity from there?
You don't have to always max out your dpi just because your mouse has 12k or 16k dpi. A lot of that is just marketing and you won't always need to play on that high of a dpi. It may even make you over aim when you shoot at your enemies because you're moving 12k-16k dots per inch. So in one tiny movement you just move 12k dots across the screen. This can be good and bad depending on the pace of the game that you are playing. If you're playing Infinite Warfare you definitely want to use your mouse's max dpi. That is a very fast pace game where you will be using all of your fast twitch muscles to keep up with the pace. But with BO4 you won't need anywhere near as much DPI. So determine this based on the pace of the game. Through my experience with battlefield I would likely use a low DPI because the maps are so huge and if I play them right I won't have to make many quick movements. I will more than likely need to make precise movements. The advantage to using a low DPI on that particular game would be precision over speed. On Infinite Warfare I barely needed precision due to the perfect hit detection on that game. So I used a high DPI because I wanted to focus more on speed. Sorry to be long-winded, but basically it all boils down to preference and the need at the time on whatever game that you're playing.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]