XIM Community

Battlefield V - Official ST Optimized Settings [XIM APEX/XIM4] - NEW ST!  (Read 65958 times)

Offline jarntask

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield V - Official ST Optimized Settings.
« Reply #15 on: 11:14 AM - 11/25/18 »
Problem with Common Rose,

How do i access some of the items like thumps up or somenof the conquest team objectives assignments?

The issue for me is, i play a lot as team leader and want to assign objectives all the time. It is really hard to assign, if i remember correct B and D objectives as pressing down goes to C and e.g.  pressing downleft goes to A. I need to somehow pull my mouse downleft to try to hit B which often gets me killed as i spent way too much time fiddling with the commands.

Also sometimes even selecting something simple like objectives C is not registered.

Any ideas how this could be fixed or if i am doing something wrong

Offline Rejectz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Its_Rejectz
« Reply #16 on: 12:48 PM - 11/25/18 »
Aim assist off if you want to go beast mode on this game.

Definitely!! Aim assist and aim assist slow down can be very inconsistent and mess up your muscle memory.. highly recommend everyone to turn both off!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:11 PM - 11/25/18 »
You're welcome fellas.  ;D

And if my hip 10 and 5 ads at 12000 dpi, worth zoom value will not go? I just want the same sensitivity in the zoom, my hip i want it higher than my ads
You can do it, the Zoom values I came up (by doing tests and measurements) guarantee that your ADS should be the TRUE half (in this case) of your HIP sensitivity, regardless the scopes :) just set in-game the values I specify.

In other games, you can use the same HIP and ADS values and both will have the same sensitivity.
Battlefield V is different: Scopes affects the ADS sensitivity, making it faster or slower.

That's why is so important that you set the values for Zoom on this config, this will give you an uniform aim sensitivity.

I don't know what it is but this game just doesn't feel as good for me on a mouse as any of the other Battlefield games did.

Must be the lower turn cap.  :'(
For the record in the game play I posted, I didn't felt hinder by the turn cap and my XIM never flashed. But it might be me I learnt to ride it. Can't say the same on R2D2, turn cap is very annoying.

Will give it a try! Thanks men.

Is it possible you copy your configuration code here so i can paste it in the Xim app?
Sure. I didn't because ST is only the half-solution.

Setting the in-game with the values is equally important, specially with the Aim Zoom Scopes % to have a uniform aim sensitivity.

Thank you for your comments and patience. Got my inbox full flooded by requests to share my settings. I know this settings will make you enjoy this great game.

Offline ripla11111

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AnimateCactus8
« Reply #18 on: 01:15 PM - 11/25/18 »
Thank you very much Alan for your patience and hardworking;) now the game feels like on pc except the frame rates

Offline sharpz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:20 PM - 11/25/18 »
Great job done on this ...cheers

Offline Taity

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:30 PM - 11/25/18 »
Great job Alan loving these settings.
The only problem i have is my when i am staning still doing nothing my aim moves slowly to the left both in hipfire and ads.
Any idea what it could be?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01:38 PM - 11/25/18 »
Aim assist off if you want to go beast mode on this game.

Definitely!! Aim assist and aim assist slow down can be very inconsistent and mess up your muscle memory.. highly recommend everyone to turn both off!
This will give you best PC aim feeling, if you turn off AA and I suggest to change your SAB to 0 also.

How do i access some of the items like thumps up or somenof the conquest team objectives assignments?
Yeah is tricky, it has that limitation using WASD on your Right Stick.

What I used to do: create a sub-config and swap the thumb-sticks:
mouse = left thumb-sticks and WASD = right thumb-sticks

Using Sony Nav (Analog) and works perfectly. But there is something about the implementation DICE did on the game.

I mean on R2D2, I swap the sticks and give me a working 8 directional selection. On this game, this doesn't work at all... don't even register input. I don't know why, OBsIV must know better... maybe I have to increase the SAB for this? mmh, going to try it.

Offline dr_soldier

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TDEROCHETTE
« Reply #22 on: 02:37 PM - 11/25/18 »

The issue for me is, i play a lot as team leader and want to assign objectives all the time. It is really hard to assign, if i remember correct B and D objectives as pressing down goes to C and e.g.  pressing downleft goes to A. I need to somehow pull my mouse downleft to try to hit B which often gets me killed as i spent way too much time fiddling with the commands.

Also sometimes even selecting something simple like objectives C is not registered.

My personal solution is to use the turn-assist. Assign middle mouse button as activation key. So, when you hold R1 to enter commonrose, you just have to also hold the middle mouse button and the result is that your mouse acts as the PS4 joystick (as soon as you peg the mouse into a certain direction it keeps that direction until you peg the mouse into a different direction). Itís easier to select intermediate orders. Try this solution and let me know if it works for you.
« Last Edit: 02:43 PM - 11/25/18 by dr_soldier »

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:42 PM - 11/25/18 »
Great post man! I'm debating getting this game, not sure I'll have much time to play it.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:49 PM - 11/25/18 »
All right, I got it.

A better work around for the commo rose, this will make all the rose options reachable and easy to control with the mouse.

LOL dr_soldier, that's how I did it. hehe. -just saw your post-

Nice.

The only difference I did, for a better control selection (try it) and not flare up the max-turn notification (XIM flashing red lights)
Commo Rose Sensitivity sub-config:
Aim: 1.00
Turn Assist: Key or button of your preference.

Deadzones
Left Joystick: 15000
Right Joystick: 15000

Going to update the guide in a bit.
« Last Edit: 03:03 PM - 11/25/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline dr_soldier

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TDEROCHETTE
« Reply #25 on: 03:07 PM - 11/25/18 »
Yes, itís better with lower aim and higher deadzones. Perfect :-)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:28 PM - 11/25/18 »
Can't you just swap sticks? Or maybe this just works with Nav? I used to use Turn Assist for como rose prior to Apex.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Noquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:37 PM - 11/25/18 »
Been off the forum for while and only just returned to update the Apex for this game.  What's this "SAB" some people are referring to?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield V - Official ST Optimized Optimized Settings.
« Reply #28 on: 04:29 PM - 11/25/18 »
Yes, itís better with lower aim and higher deadzones. Perfect :-)
Awesome, good job!.  ;)

I update the Commo Rose setup guide using dr_soldier method and my tune up for easier selection. :)

Been off the forum for while and only just returned to update the Apex for this game.  What's this "SAB" some people are referring to?
Welcome back!.

Check the Latest BETA [Firmware 20181109] [Manager 20181109], it has SAB (Simulate Analog Behavior).
Od1n made a great video where explains all you need to know of this new feature. Check his channel and subscribe.
« Last Edit: 04:48 PM - 11/25/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Snoopundercover

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:45 PM - 11/25/18 »
First of all thanks for this great work Alan, im new in community and after reading some posts im gonna start use the xim apex myself but have a little problem trying to adjust your settings. Inside HIP(Movement sub menu ) don`t show the option Simulate Analog Behavior , can anyone help me with this problem?

Greetings

You need to update your xim to the latest firmware AND update your xim manager on iOS, android or pc to the latest version. Then it will show all the new features.