XIM Community

[Xbox One] Xim Apex - CronusMax+ Authentication Solution  (Read 453 times)

Offline Pappymeal

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D2R Pappy
After many trial and errors of getting the CronusMax+ to authenticate and following all instructions. I noticed that a hard reset of your console does work but sometimes I wanted to program the device or fix random disconnects while still being plugged in and not hard reset my console.

These are the steps I used.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note- Hard resetting the console does work. (Sometimes)

(XBOX ONE)
 **CronusMax+ will need to be connected to PC with the program cable**

1. After programming your device while plugged in or disconnection occurs, you will get the "AU" that flashes back and forth on the CronusMax+

2. Unplug your program cable

3. Unplug your Xim Apex along with the CronusMax+

4. Plug your CronusMax+ and Xim Apex back into the console and let the Xim Apex sync (Stops Flashing). (CronusMax+ with still flash AU)
**Your controller should vibrate when link is established with the Xim Apex**

5. Plug your Program cable back into the CronusMax+.

6. Do not turn on your controller.

7. Open the Cronus Pro software and click DEVICE MONITOR and click TURN OFF CONTROLLER.

8. Your controller light will turn on and everything will begin re-syncing to the CronusMax+

This has worked for me 100% of the time without having to hard reset my console.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Xbox One] Xim Apex - CronusMax+ Authentication Solution
« Reply #1 on: 01:36 PM - 11/20/18 »
Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your tips with other users. :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 03:53 PM - 11/20/18 »
I've got a simpler solution - use a USB switch.

Connect Xim to CronusMax. Connect CronusMax to the USB switch. Connect USB switch to your console/s.

Toggling away from, then back to XB1 with the USB switch will reset the USB connection properly and resolves the authentication issue.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Pappymeal

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D2R Pappy
« Reply #3 on: 11:22 PM - 11/20/18 »

Connect Xim to CronusMax. Connect CronusMax to the USB switch. Connect USB switch to your console/s.

Toggling away from, then back to XB1 with the USB switch will reset the USB connection properly and resolves the authentication issue.

I do agree, However I do not own a USB switch .

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 11:49 PM - 11/20/18 »
I do agree, However I do not own a USB switch .
Your's is a good solution, I've copied it as a snippet in case it comes up again :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline lilnagle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:44 AM - 01/31/19 »

why cant you just connect apex to cronusmax and then cronusmax directly into ps4? what does plugging the cronusmax into a usb switch then the switch into the ps4 do any different?