XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181109] [Manager 20181109]  (Read 107939 times)

Offline JohnTheGamer

• View Profile
IMPORTANT: This Beta requires you upgrade both firmware and Manager in order to access the new features. Please use the links below.

This is a BETA firmware build that, based on community request, brings in the Boost setting and Steady Aim experimental test feature from XIM4. It also includes a new feature for keyboard users: Simulate Analog Behavior. These are advanced features that should be used with caution as they can negatively affect aiming performance if not used correctly.

● Steady Aim: Unlike Smoothing which produces uniform mouse stabilization, Steady Aim forcibly restricts mouse movement into discrete values. Higher values produce a stronger effect. Located under Aim expert settings.

● Boost: Boost artificially inflates the game's aiming stick dead zone. Be advised that values too large will significantly degrade micro-aiming performance. Located under Mouse expert settings.

● Simulate Analog Behavior: For keyboard users, outputs controller values similar to that of the gamer using a thumbstick. Higher values produce a stronger effect. Located under Movement expert settings.

XIM APEX Firmware

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20181109 for PC
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86/x64

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20181109 for Mac
macOS 10.11 or higher

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes

XIM APEX Manager

Download XIM APEX Manager 20181109 for iOS (← Join our TestFlight by clicking the link)
iOS 8 or higher

Download XIM APEX Manager 20181109 for Android (Direct APK Download)
Android 4.4 or higher

This manager doesn't work with the OnePlus 6t or at least it doesn't for me neither does it for the OnePlus 3t which I had before I upgraded to the OnePlus 6t. The error I get is 'Bluetooth failure (6)' Is there a guide of how to use and connect to a Bluetooth dongle on pc it never seems to pair with the Bluetooth adapter. Is there a manager 20181109 coming out for pc

Offline lehtari93

• View Profile
Hi,

I downloaded the Testflight app yesterday and now im wondering where I can get that Redeem code to get this app working? I havent recieved any email from the developer.

Thank you already!

Offline ervaNz

• View Profile
Any reports of XIM Apex Manager crashing with new firmware? Can't see to open the App most of time and when it does, it just crashes upon saving settings or configs.  I updated Firmware on the Manager and on the Xim Apex and confirmed they're the same.  Going to try factory resetting and hope that works.

edit: factory resetting did work for anybody having same issue. things are running smooth now. excited to try out new features. cheers and thanks for the hard work devs, much appreciated!
« Last Edit: 09:57 AM - 11/19/18 by ervaNz »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This manager doesn't work with the OnePlus 6t or at least it doesn't for me neither does it for the OnePlus 3t which I had before I upgraded to the OnePlus 6t. The error I get is 'Bluetooth failure (6)' Is there a guide of how to use and connect to a Bluetooth dongle on pc it never seems to pair with the Bluetooth adapter. Is there a manager 20181109 coming out for pc

OnePlus 6T is my personal primary phone and I do all developing and testing of XIM Manager on it. Can you try rebooting your phone?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline r553

• View Profile
Thanks, updated to this version from 20180501 and everything is working well.
Have not tried the new features yet.
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Any good setups for Overwatch?
I can't really figure out if Analog is helping much.

As a whole, trying to figure out what they all do in conjunction together is a bit challenging.
It's almost as if there's too many settings that can be put into play to determine their individual impact on a config.

I guess a better explanation video for these new settings will help when it's developed, but I messed around with the values all day and felt very little difference.

I use 120 SAB in Overwatch but I am using one of the Generic STs. You could try 120 and it might be similar in Overwatch. Unsure if an SAB translates well between a Generic ST and an official ST. Maybe OBsIV or mist will be able to chime in.
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline HypeR

• View Profile
What is the best steady aim value for Black ops 4? Which settings is the same like xim4 steady aim 1?

Offline TroyMuni

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Troy Muni
I've updated to the latest versions of manager and firmware (confirmed) but I still don't see this new feature anywhere.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or why?  I've re-downloaded the games and even tried creating a new profile and don't see this new feature under movement.

Offline TroyMuni

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Troy Muni
Finally got it working after multiple resets and reinstalls. No idea why it finally worked but I'll take it.

Scratch that - it's completely unusable now.  I got the option to display while the XIM wasn't connected to the console.  Now nothing works at all.  No lights on the USB dongle so no power to my KB&M.  I've got an iPhone 8 on current OS so this makes no sense.  The app freezes constantly as well when I attempt to do anything.  I don't know what everyone else is using for their XIM manager app, but I've been sitting here for hours trying to get it to work and it won't.  Lesson learned to stay away from anything XIM beta.
« Last Edit: 04:47 PM - 11/19/18 by TroyMuni »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Lesson learned to stay away from anything XIM beta.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues, but, nothing changed in any of the code paths that involve Manager connection and communication.

Do you have anything else connected over Bluetooth to your phone at the same time?

Offline shthappensbro

• View Profile

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues, but, nothing changed in any of the code paths that involve Manager connection and communication.

Do you have anything else connected over Bluetooth to your phone at the same time?

Do I have to delete my old xim apex config for fortnite or just update Manager  then be done ??

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile

Do I have to delete my old xim apex config for fortnite or just update Manager  then be done ??

Should carry over atleast for me it did.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Will the version that gets pushed to stable be different than this beta version? Or will we not have to download it.
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline Undetected

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ha No Answer
Hey Obi can you make an updated Beta version that has like the Simulate Analog Behavior settings to around 50? Whats the latest 20181019 beta Simulate Analog Behavior set at? For those who cant get into the Test-flight APP Beta testing thing. :/ That would be 5star service, and would be great to hold those over until the Xim App gets updated out of the Beta stage and used by everyone.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
1019 had it at 100. Testflight is open to everyone. All you need to do is click the link -- over 500 of you have used it.

Admin