XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181109] [Manager 20181109]  (Read 90814 times)

Offline bouwman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bouwmaN-
you should have special settings for steady aim? some can share cfg?

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
i have a analog keyboard logitech G13 and R600 ; do you think this firmware is so good really or not, i play 100% of my time in Blackout with your setup sync off ;
This firmware is a must-have upgrade. By default, it's exactly the same as the gold firmware with all of these new toys disabled by default. So if you use Sync Off and OBsIV's quantisation curves, you can continue to do so (I have).

But, let's say you wanted to use an acceleration curve with a touch of Boost and some Simulate Analog, remove the curve and play around with Steady Aim instead.

So basically, Steady Aim now removes the need for the curve so we can add other stuff on top of it. But, if you're happy with your current settings, upgrading the FW won't change anything, until you play around with the new toys.

IMHO, this is the biggest and best Xim FW released in a decade, with more capacity to tweak our settings than any other version. OBsIV has addressed everyone's concerns and delivered a killer update.
Wouldnt this "Simulate Analog" be a thing for Destiny also? Often I feel the movement in air much nicer with a nav compare to keyboard. Will this maybe open up that for new settings?
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Wouldnt this "Simulate Analog" be a thing for Destiny also? Often I feel the movement in air much nicer with a nav compare to keyboard. Will this maybe open up that for new settings?
Potentially, yes. Because Destiny 2 has slow changes of direction, Simulate Analog may help to manipulate AA whilst not negatively impacting movement. A lot of the "more vs less AA" experimentation originated with Destiny. It won't however allow for granular control movement speed (e.g 30% stick deflection), nor vary a great deal from the 8 WASD vectors.

In games with fast changes of direction like Black Ops 4, the value of analog input is questionable as AA is already overwhelmingly strong. If anything, we want to minimise rather than increase AA in this game. However, Simulate Analog can be used to experiment with AA to see if we can generate a 'snap-on' AA effect in BO4.

These are very early days for what amounts to very big tools in our Xim arsenal. Collectively, it's going to take us some time to figure out good game settings. Remember to start low rather than high - maxed settings for each of these dials will be unplayable.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
Hey Obsiv, what's the range for Steady Aim for like a reference of what's strong, weak or about half way?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
this is the best firmware we have had so far!
Simulate Analog Behaviour reduces the amount of issues with the aim assist to a minimum! :)

i can only recommend everyone to give this new version a try!
Sir! Looking forward for a video that explains what these new settings do and how to use them properly :)

video should be out tomorrow :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Redrabbit5

• View Profile
After 5 minutes of gameplay in duos , pop up a message , input blocked ,just for a second than all back to normal , I set my simulate analog to 50
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 | Azeron Compact | Glorious Model O | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
After 5 minutes of gameplay in duos , pop up a message , input blocked ,just for a second than all back to normal , I set my simulate analog to 50

It popped up just once and only paused input for a couple of seconds?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile

I can't believe it this is everything we have been waiting for! And it's not even christmas yet! ;D

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

if it pops up again please try a value of 100 and let us know if it comes up again
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Redrabbit5

• View Profile

It popped up just once and only paused input for a couple of seconds?

Impossible say if input be paused it s like a fragment of second . Happen in inventory
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 | Azeron Compact | Glorious Model O | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I've been searching around online and I see other instances of this -- not sure of their setup/situation. What is supposed to happen if you start a game on controller and then plug in a mouse and keyboard after the match starts? Does it still do this popup, or, does it actually boot?

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
This happened today for me once, using the beta19 firmware ( not this latest beta), I couldn’t reproduce it at all...like could not...maybe it is one time only?

I was as well using the inventory...maybe related to using the inventory?

but I was not blocked, it was really really fast though..
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Offline puinsai

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: joshrel
There is something that intrigues me its simulates the analog behavior of a keyboard but the Logitech G13 is analog, does it change something or degrades the movement ?
PS4 PRO | XIM APEX | T2 | FW: the latest | Mon: ASUS 28" MG28UQ | Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 Hero | SteelSeries R600 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | DumaOS Router

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
Hi obsiv where any changes made to the final release or should i just stick with the alpha?
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Hi obsiv where any changes made to the final release or should i just stick with the alpha?

I'd upgrade to this one since it's latest released. Thanks again for all your testing and feedback. :-)

Admin