XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181109] [Manager 20181109]  (Read 31424 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
IMPORTANT: This Beta requires you upgrade both firmware and Manager in order to access the new features. Please use the links below.

This is a BETA firmware build that, based on community request, brings in the Boost setting and Steady Aim experimental test feature from XIM4. It also includes a new feature for keyboard users: Simulate Analog Behavior. These are advanced features that should be used with caution as they can negatively affect aiming performance if not used correctly.

● Steady Aim: Unlike Smoothing which produces uniform mouse stabilization, Steady Aim forcibly restricts mouse movement into discrete values. Higher values produce a stronger effect. Located under Aim expert settings.

● Boost: Boost artificially inflates the game's aiming stick dead zone. Be advised that values too large will significantly degrade micro-aiming performance. Located under Mouse expert settings.

● Simulate Analog Behavior: For keyboard users, outputs controller values similar to that of the gamer using a thumbstick. Higher values produce a stronger effect. Located under Movement expert settings.

XIM APEX Firmware

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20181109 for PC
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86/x64

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20181109 for Mac
macOS 10.11 or higher

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes

XIM APEX Manager

Download XIM APEX Manager 20181109 for iOS (← Join our TestFlight by clicking the link from your iOS device)
iOS 8 or higher

Download XIM APEX Manager 20181109 for Android (Direct APK download)
Android 4.4 or higher

Download XIM APEX Manager 20181109 for PC
Windows 10/8.1/8 x86/x64
« Last Edit: 07:53 PM - 12/09/18 by OBsIV »
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
this is the best firmware we have had so far!
Simulate Analog Behaviour reduces the amount of issues with the aim assist to a minimum! :)

i can only recommend everyone to give this new version a try!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
Simulate Analog Behaviour reduces the amount of issues with the aim assist to a minimum! :)

sounds promising, just have to wait for the mac version.😅
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Od1n SAB is in movement on WASD, left stick, so I guess its  a detection thing. What has it to do with aim assist? You mean Boost or Steady aim?
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Bully

• View Profile
Will there be a XIM APEX Manager 20181109 for PC?
Xim4 | Xbox One X | Elite controller | Logitech G502 mouse |
Razer Orbweaver Chroma Stealth | Sony Nav |
Razer Destructor Mat | 50" Panasonic 4K LED TV

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
is it already Christmas today? Boost and steady Aim. wow madness i am happy.
I love you and all XIM Team   :o
PS4 Pro// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// Sennheiser Game One// Astro A50 Gen3// 2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Od1n SAB is in movement on WASD, left stick, so I guess its  a detection thing. What has it to do with aim assist? You mean Boost or Steady aim?

aim assist is implemented not only with analog aiming in mind but also analog movement
hence you have a much better aim assist with a sony nav + mouse than with a keyboard + mouse
this feature brings the two much closer to each other and solves most of the aim assist problems you have with a keyboard, such as being pushed away from the target or having a hard time to break into the aim assist bubble :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Didnít know its left stick also. Thought its only right stick. I mean I knew its different when you move or stay put.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Fidan

• View Profile
Best Firmware ever !! :)

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
I've set my Simulate analog behaviour to 200 just to test out the difference. My character cancels out the sprint on taking moderate to sharp turns and on bumping to objects. Feels like I've to hold down the shift button to remain sprinting.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Just a note for BO4 - Simulate Analog has a cap of 65 before it'll cancel Sprint. I expect there'll be similar value thresholds in other games. The beaut thing here is OBsIV has made it adjustable.

It's also noteworthy that the intent of this functionality is to obfuscate our Xims in case of input detection heuristics. It's best to leave it disabled, unless experimenting with AA, or if Fortnite enables kb input detection again.

I'm glad everyone gets to play with this FW release, we've been testing it for a week or two. I know a number of you have been asking for Steady Aim and Boost on Apex for quite some time :)
« Last Edit: 02:48 PM - 11/14/18 by antithesis »

Offline puinsai

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pullinside
Just a note for BO4 - Simulate Analog has a cap of 65 before it'll cancel Sprint. I expect there'll be similar value thresholds in other games.

It's also noteworthy that the intent of this functionality is to obfuscate our Xims in case of input detection heuristics, so best to leave it disabled, unless experimenting with AA.

i have a analog keyboard logitech G13 and R600 ; do you think this firmware is so good really or not, i play 100% of my time in Blackout with your setup sync off ;
PS4 PRO | XIM APEX | FW: the latest | Mon: ASUS 28" MG28UQ | Pad: Logitech G440 | KB: Logitech G13 | M: SteelSeries R600 | A: SteelSeries Siberia 800

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
OMG...

You are truly a god OBSiV..

Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..Thank you..

:'( :'( :'(

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
i have a analog keyboard logitech G13 and R600 ; do you think this firmware is so good really or not, i play 100% of my time in Blackout with your setup sync off ;
This firmware is a must-have upgrade. By default, it's exactly the same as the gold firmware with all of these new toys disabled by default. So if you use Sync Off and OBsIV's quantisation curves, you can continue to do so (I have).

But, let's say you wanted to use an acceleration curve with a touch of Boost and some Simulate Analog, remove the curve and play around with Steady Aim instead.

So basically, Steady Aim now removes the need for the curve so we can add other stuff on top of it. But, if you're happy with your current settings, upgrading the FW won't change anything, until you play around with the new toys.

IMHO, this is the biggest and best Xim FW released in a decade, with more capacity to tweak our settings than any other version. OBsIV has addressed everyone's concerns and delivered a killer update.

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Enrix79

Sir! Looking forward for a video that explains what these new settings do and how to use them properly :)
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Steelseries Rival 700 | Steelseries QcK Prism | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0