XIM Community

Newest black ops 4 update caused me to lose aim assist? (PS4)  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Wlndex

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: WLndexx_
Just wondering if game updates can cause the profiles to act wonky ? My aim feels completely off like it has no aim assist . I was using an edited version of the black ops 3 ST for PS4. Thanks

Offline HanSolo82

• View Profile
Something is off again to me as well. Had so many bad games today and my reticle felt floaty as ever and it wasn't like this last night.
XBOX ONE X | XIM Apex | Corsair K70 , Sony Nav | Steelseries Rival 600 | QCK Cloth | Asus 28" 4k VP28UQG

Offline Statik_Kill

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: zDaveyz
There was a hotfix patch today, also itís probably the garbage treyarch hit detection on top of their servers being bad

Offline HanSolo82

• View Profile
There was a hotfix patch today, also itís probably the garbage treyarch hit detection on top of their servers being bad

Thanks for that info brother. They really need to get their issues situated with the hit detection and lag compensation. No matter how solid I am with the xim, losing gun fights I know I couldve won is very frustrating and not fun at all.
XBOX ONE X | XIM Apex | Corsair K70 , Sony Nav | Steelseries Rival 600 | QCK Cloth | Asus 28" 4k VP28UQG

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
Treyarch has a history of bad hit detection. That means it will never change. 
Xbox 1 | PS4
Logitech G Pro HERO | 16k @1000 hz
Logitech G440 Hard pad
Netduma
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Aim Assist seems to be much stronger when there are network problems. If you have a relatively poor ping, you may be used to strong AA as part of lag compensation. If the connection cleans up, AA reduces.

I mitigate lag comp by using a Netduma router to block connections beyond a geo-filter radius (e.g allow Australia but block New Zealand). Hit registration is typically pretty crispy.

After yesterday's patch, both lag and AA were stupid. I could only get into one game, peeps were teleporting and AA was out of control. Normally my ping sits around 20ms and AA is very manageable.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
Stop complaining apex feels smooth af and on point
Iím ranked top 15 in the world for my accuracy on leaderboards

Offline securekey

• View Profile

My Apex is suppose to be delivered today.  I plan to use it on a PS4 with BO4.  Do you mind sharing what firmware you are using and your settings?  It seems like you have it figured out if you are ranked that high :)   

ps I read all the stickies in the forum but thought I would ask you directly.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
Just use the most up to date firmware out. You donít have to use the beta. It works perfectly. I donít get what people keep saying about it being off.

Offline Statik_Kill

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: zDaveyz

How do you see that? We donít even have global leaderboards, just people on our friends list

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile

How do you see that? We donít even have global leaderboards, just people on our friends list

not sure but I think the Call of Duty Companion App shows all that stuff
Xbox 1 | PS4
Logitech G Pro HERO | 16k @1000 hz
Logitech G440 Hard pad
Netduma
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
Aim Assist seems to be much stronger when there are network problems. If you have a relatively poor ping, you may be used to strong AA as part of lag compensation. If the connection cleans up, AA reduces.

I mitigate lag comp by using a Netduma router to block connections beyond a geo-filter radius (e.g allow Australia but block New Zealand). Hit registration is typically pretty crispy.

After yesterday's patch, both lag and AA were stupid. I could only get into one game, peeps were teleporting and AA was out of control. Normally my ping sits around 20ms and AA is very manageable.

I noticed that yesterday on nuke town I could fully feel aim assist again, wow you get amazing ping, mine has been sitting around 50 - 60 on bo4. On bo3 it was never over 35 and  on fortnite it's never over 30.

What internet provider are you with? I'm with TPG their fastest package

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
What internet provider are you with? I'm with TPG their fastest package
TPG sucks, they cram users onto their service like sardines. I'm with Aussie Broadband.

Fortnite ping has been as low as 12ms.

And it was Nuketown screwing me over, I had a really hard time entering any MP lobby in the 1.5 patch.

My PS4 also crashed while booting up Fortnite at 80% through installing the BO4 1.6 patch. It was only 150MB or so and took a really long time to get going. On reboot, I got a "downloading 56GB patch" message for BO4...nice. I went straight to bed.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts