XIM Community

Check Bandwidth & Region in Black Ops!!!  (Read 5714 times)

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
Check Bandwidth & Region in Black Ops!!!
« on: 08:02 PM - 11/24/10 »
From multiplayer screen go to options & hit your back button.
You get:
Game Version Number
Connectivity Information ??
NAT Type
BANDWIDTH!!!!!!!!!!!!
External & Internal IP addresses
Geographical Region!!!!!!!!!

I know why I instantly win host in nearly every game Ive ever played. It reports me has having 10,000kb/s of bandwidth. (2mb/12,b cable. tests as 2-4up, 20-25 down bursts)
Also, B'ham Alabama is Geographical Region 36.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline UnrealChrisG

• View Profile
Re: Check Bandwidth & Region in Black Ops!!!
« Reply #1 on: 08:27 PM - 11/24/10 »
is there a way to reset this number? I have a 30/25 connection with fios but it only reports me with 1120Kbps!!! I get host once every 20 or 30 games, and it only lasts 2 or 3 games before someone steals it from me!

is it possible to mod the file that contains this data?
« Last Edit: 08:38 PM - 11/24/10 by UnrealChrisG »

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:21 PM - 11/24/10 »
unknown.
my best guess is that when you enter multiplayer, the loading taking place is the bandwidth test.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #3 on: 11:27 PM - 11/24/10 »
unknown.
my best guess is that when you enter multiplayer, the loading taking place is the bandwidth test.

That's very smart, it would make the host change process much faster :)
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline UnrealChrisG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:27 AM - 11/25/10 »
hmmm.  Would something like http://tuts4tech.net/2010/04/30/how-to-spoof-your-speedtest-net-results/ be possible for this?  If you brige your connection you can see what IP the data is going too, maybe its possible to apply speedtest spoofing to "black ops" spoofing haha.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:28 AM - 11/25/10 »
I saw this bit could not make anything out of it
Geo Regio 13 (Germany????)
Bandwidth 4093kbps thatís my upload <- could mean host often? As I reported I see host disadvantage?
NAT Open

what are the other European regions please? One region for the continent would suck greatly and then we should ask Treyarch violently to add more regions to reduce lag.
« Last Edit: 04:34 AM - 11/25/10 by roads »
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:23 AM - 11/25/10 »
unknown.

That's very smart, it would make the host change process much faster :)
and host changes during matches! Remember the bandwidth race everyone always had to do? Well now it's pre-done. Very smart change! (And saves them bandwidth every month by not doing it every 10-15-20 min when xim'ers make people leave)
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline ISheeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:22 PM - 11/25/10 »
338kbps is failblog I guess then..

Offline Gods AFK

• MVP
  • Your not in hell, that's just Metal.
    • View Profile
    • What?
  • Gamertag: God Loves Metal
« Reply #8 on: 12:35 PM - 11/25/10 »
What kinda connection do you have toys? I'm running 50/50 FIOS and only got 9830 Kbps the @#$% is this?
Headphones (Full-Sized): Denon AH-D7000, Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Ultrasone PRO 900, Grado RS1i

IEM's: Sennheiser IE8, Westone UM3, Ultimate Ears UE4 PRO

Amp / DACS: Burson Audio HA-160D, Audio GD-FUN, Matrix M-Stage, NuForce Icon HDP, Tubemagic D1

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:16 PM - 11/25/10 »
2mb/12,b cable. tests as 2-4up, 20-25 down bursts)
Also, B'ham Alabama is Geographical Region 36.
Charter Cable. Worst cable company in America every year running for a decade & a half. my HDTV goes out daily...
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:13 PM - 11/25/10 »
hmmm.  Would something like http://tuts4tech.net/2010/04/30/how-to-spoof-your-speedtest-net-results/ be possible for this?  If you brige your connection you can see what IP the data is going too, maybe its possible to apply speedtest spoofing to "black ops" spoofing haha.

I just checked my speed test and i swear to god i have no idea @#$% is going on.
I was going to post my results, but then i remembered this link and thought most people from the UK on here would think I'd used this...^^^^

LMFAO WUUT? i am supposed to be in a 3MB region?
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:19 PM - 11/25/10 »
Dunno what the region codes in the states are but in Europe I found that countries differ in Region number. I would like to start a petition on the black ops site to use the country code only when the setting "locale only" is on. Locale should connect to the continent and the third worldwide. I think it would greatly improve pings and gameplay. I rather wait 5 minutes for a match than this no chance at all or godmode ON gaming. What do you guys say?
There must be enough players per country for a long time before you have to switch the setting to "locale". There should even be a connect me to some match don't care which one, just give me a free slot until its in my country.

Of course if playing in a party, extend the connections to the country numbers of the players. After X minutes switch to "locale". That would be perfect.
« Last Edit: 01:13 AM - 11/26/10 by roads »
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline parker789

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:15 AM - 11/26/10 »
lol toys i have charter cable as well. i feel your pain

Offline technogiant

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:40 AM - 11/26/10 »
Dunno what the region codes in the states are but in Europe I found that countries differ in Region number. I would like to start a petition on the black ops site to use the country code only when the setting "locale only" is on. Locale should connect to the continent and the third worldwide. I think it would greatly improve pings and gameplay. I rather wait 5 minutes for a match than this no chance at all or godmode ON gaming. What do you guys say?
There must be enough players per country for a long time before you have to switch the setting to "locale". There should even be a connect me to some match don't care which one, just give me a free slot until its in my country.

Of course if playing in a party, extend the connections to the country numbers of the players. After X minutes switch to "locale". That would be perfect.

Yes this would be a great idea, perhaps some kind of sliding control to progressively alter how stringent the local selection would be so you can get a balance between wait time and local....I'd be all for petitioning BO about this.

Offline Guncom

• Don't Cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:51 AM - 11/26/10 »
 :-\ Charter... sigh, hate living somewhere where your only choice is one company... Last week everything went out and they told me someone might have to come check it out, but it was really late (9:30). I just wanted to do my homework...  :'(