XIM Community

Destiny 2 Comp grind (LFG)  (Read 372 times)

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
Destiny 2 Comp grind (LFG)
« on: 05:18 PM - 11/11/18 »
Hey fellow Ximmers,
Aussie here; have been attempting to grind Comp (mostly solo) to get the 2100 glory points for the Luna quest, currently sitting on ~1800 (was as high as 1950) but constantly coming up against sweats and matched with spuds and it's getting rather frustrating. I play with a few mates when I can, but unfortunately they're usually jumping on when I'm getting off, so I generally only get a few matches in with them over the weekend. Most of my clan are sub-par at PvP, or avoid it altogether (good group of people though).
So if anyone is on around between 730-9pm AEDT, would love a hand to hit the required glory rank.

Offline SQUIRTLE-SQD

• View Profile
Re: Destiny 2 Comp grind (LFG)
« Reply #1 on: 03:31 PM - 01/10/19 »
Im down to play with you but im USA ~ Eastern when im off work n see u online ill defo hit u up :o

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #2 on: 04:29 PM - 01/10/19 »
Im down to play with you but im USA ~ Eastern when im off work n see u online ill defo hit u up :o

I ended up grinding out the Luna mostly solo last season and haven't really played since. I was hoping to see a return of the original Trials mode, but alas, I have to wait longer.

Offline SQUIRTLE-SQD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:08 PM - 01/11/19 »
Not going to lie i wanna play with you to get my NF since your from aussie time and you got easiest people to vs against lol add me "azriai" i sent a msg to you

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
« Reply #4 on: 07:27 AM - 01/15/19 »
Not going to lie i wanna play with you to get my NF since your from aussie time and you got easiest people to vs against lol add me "azriai" i sent a msg to you

I hear everyone make similar comments, but it's not an accurate one. Destiny 2 servers operate under several protocols while finding matches. Matching locally is toward the top of the list, but if you don't have a large population pool to pull from it can (and often does) actually hurt your matchmaking. After a short while of searching, the matchmaking protocol will simply skip the locally hosted matchmaking requirement so that they can match-make quicker. This often results in grabbing a match with someone in the US. The Ping times to Destiny 2 servers are much better in the U.S. as the servers are in PST. This is part (and I stress only part) of the reason why there is so much lag in the game.

XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Corsair K95 Platinum (Cherry Mx Speeds) | Swiftpoint Z (4K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2 & Black Ops 4