XIM Community

Xim Apex worth it for Overwatch?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xim Apex worth it for Overwatch?
« on: 08:19 AM - 11/10/18 »
Iím still using xim4 but Iíve thought about switching to xim apex at some point since that is the latest xim model, and it has 1000 hz. However, i often see talk of the Apex not being good for overwatch and that itís better to just stick with xim4. Maybe it depends on what settings you use? I donít use a curve or any advanced settings (boost steady aim etc) I just use 12k DPI and 15 xim sens on my xim 4 with exponential ramp and the official Overwatch ST
« Last Edit: 12:51 PM - 11/10/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline RedManMosh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RedManMosh
Re: Xim Apex worth it for Overwatch?
« Reply #1 on: 01:54 PM - 11/10/18 »
I dont play OW, but I can tell you that Xim 4 and Apex are the same machine. Apex just has more advanced features like, polling rate, different sync options. If you use the sync off mode, you will get identical results as the Xim 4.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:27 PM - 11/10/18 »
The issue with OW is more about the game mechanics than anything else, but the higher polling rate on Apex may have an impact on things like AA. Given Xim isn't built with AA in mind (the trainer needs a enemy-free environment to map the look mechanics), this was an unforeseen outcome.

We have more indirect control over AA on Apex than Xim4, but a couple of features on Xim4 weren't retained on Apex that peeps used to help with aiming in OW. OBsIV has been following the discussions and we're hopeful that these features will find their way to Apex.
« Last Edit: 09:17 PM - 11/10/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:58 PM - 11/10/18 »
Iím still using xim4 but Iíve thought about switching to xim apex at some point since that is the latest xim model, and it has 1000 hz. However, i often see talk of the Apex not being good for overwatch and that itís better to just stick with xim4. Maybe it depends on what settings you use? I donít use a curve or any advanced settings (boost steady aim etc) I just use 12k DPI and 15 xim sens on my xim 4 with exponential ramp and the official Overwatch ST
If you've got the money to burn, get the apex. If not your xim 4 will suffice. The only difference between the two is the fact that you can add smoothness and select whether or not you want to use common or slow sync for games that function at different frame rates. Both can come in handy but are not really necessary. I used to destroy with the Xim 4 on Infinite Warfare. Then I got the apex with all of it's features and did the exact same thing. So to be honest, there's no big difference. It's all about preference honestly. So buy it and try it to see what you think.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
« Reply #4 on: 09:59 AM - 11/11/18 »
I use both my Xim4 and Apex for Overwatch and they both are amazing, I just use my Xim4 more because I got so used to it so the Apex to me feels a bit... cleaner? Than the 4.

Youíll do exactly the same as you did on your Xim4, only, the Apex has a LOT more features to take advantage of.

And I also disagree with ďXim4 is so much better for Overwatch than the ApexĒ. I have a friend that I frequently play with on Overwatch that uses an Apex and she can absolutely destroy me if we 1v1.

Itís worth the investment in my opinion.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 03:51 PM - 11/11/18 »
I use both my Xim4 and Apex for Overwatch and they both are amazing, I just use my Xim4 more because I got so used to it so the Apex to me feels a bit... cleaner? Than the 4.
Are you on SA3 (or any of the SA builds)?

I had a similar experience testing SA3 on Xim4 vs Fortnite beta on BO4. AA felt stronger but less manageable on Apex, despite having more tools to handle it. SA3 though felt cleaner with easier hitbox entry, but less AA.

I mitigated that very nicely in BO4 using Sync Off and OBsIV's quantization curves to mimic SA3's aiming behaviour, but things like Boost and another curve can't be stacked on top.

We remain hopeful that Apex will add the missing Xim4 features :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
« Reply #6 on: 06:39 PM - 11/11/18 »
Are you on SA3 (or any of the SA builds)?

I had a similar experience testing SA3 on Xim4 vs Fortnite beta on BO4. AA felt stronger but less manageable on Apex, despite having more tools to handle it. SA3 though felt cleaner with easier hitbox entry, but less AA.

I mitigated that very nicely in BO4 using Sync Off and OBsIV's quantization curves to mimic SA3's aiming behaviour, but things like Boost and another curve can't be stacked on top.

We remain hopeful that Apex will add the missing Xim4 features :)

Yup, SA3, I tried the stair stepping curve and liked it, itís just like you said the only issue is you canít use another curve while using it.

I think people think the Xim4 is better because of Overwatchís trash look mechanics, it feels like Iím using extreme settings just to play... Iím glad you guys are trying new things with the Apex, canít wait to see!

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:30 AM - 11/12/18 »
but a couple of features on Xim4 weren't retained on Apex that peeps used to help with aiming in OW. OBsIV has been following the discussions and we're hopeful that these features will find their way to Apex.
Ah, and since I donít use any of the Xim4ís additional features like steady aim, boost, curves etc. I should be unaffected by this I assume
« Last Edit: 06:35 AM - 11/12/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 06:39 AM - 11/12/18 »
but a couple of features on Xim4 weren't retained on Apex that peeps used to help with aiming in OW. OBsIV has been following the discussions and we're hopeful that these features will find their way to Apex.
Ah, and since I don’t use any of the Xim4’s additional features like steady aim, boost, curves etc. I should be unaffected by this I assume
Stay with your Apex. When it's tuned right, it does what SA3 does, as well as running at 1000Hz etc.

OBsIV's quantization curves are the only ones I've ever used that I can confidently endorse, but it'd be handy to be able to stack other stuff on top ;)

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:38 PM - 11/12/18 »

Stay with your Apex. When it's tuned right, it does what SA3 does,
I actually donít have xim apex yet, (still using my xim4) but Iím thinking about buying a xim apex in the future since it is the latest and best xim available. And personally I donít care about SA3 or other advanced xim features, I just like to keep it simple by setting the xim hip sens and thatís it i donít bother touching any other settings after I set my sensitivity

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 03:56 PM - 11/12/18 »
For most games, I prefer plain vanilla settings and don't care about Advanced stuff at all. But for a select few with look mechanic and AA issues, tweaking comes in very handy.

The most noticeable difference out-of-the-box is how much smoother aiming is on Apex due to support for 250, 500 and 1000Hz.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:18 PM - 11/13/18 »
But for a select few with look mechanic and AA issues, tweaking comes in very handy.

It seems like sometimes people put Overwatch in that category of games with look mechanic problems but to me it seems fine. I have no problem aiming in OW and my accuracy is pretty good (40%+ on hanzo 45%+ tracer & sombra 55%+ mccree etc) Not saying that Iím good @ the game I am definitely not good but itís not due to aim/accuracy. The only thing that could be better in OW imo is the turn speed, i wish it was a lot higher than it is. And yeah 1000 hz on Apex sounds really nice, i want to buy the G pro wireless tho so it might be a while until i get apex
« Last Edit: 01:24 PM - 11/13/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 02:45 PM - 11/13/18 »
OW's look mechanics are very slippery. By that I mean they're somewhat floaty and slightly delayed, kind of like you're using a bar of soap for a mouse.

You get used to it though and barely notice, until swapping to another game, then back again after a week or so. That greasiness becomes immediately apparently until you become attenuated again.

I experience a similar phenomenon with Destiny 2's mechanics, which feel very heavy and slow at first, but that dissipates after a few hours as muscle memory adapts.

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AKs0n-
« Reply #13 on: 06:43 PM - 11/13/18 »
The only thing that could be better in OW imo is the turn speed, i wish it was a lot higher than it is.
You cannot turn fast using AA. Sure you can snap towards AA but turning OUT of AA or through the AA is Unresponsive. I mean, you could do like Controller & try to max out turn Speed cap so you can whip through the AA but it's still like have 2 different Settings using AA. I don't have any issues w/ controls. It's not PC perfect but it is close enough to be fully playable w/o AA slowing you down. Whichever you prefer.
If the turn Speed cap was I indeed higher. I agree it would be even more like PC rate of speed. Yet if M+KB on PC used AA then they too would also be SLOWED down by AA.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:48 AM - 11/14/18 »
You cannot turn fast using AA.
Ye i kno the AA slows it down, itís worth tho so I can have better accuracy on tracer, sombra Cree etc. Still wish there was no turn speed cap like PC or at least make the turn speed higher but i guess thatís what I get for being on Console
« Last Edit: 11:52 AM - 11/14/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »