XIM Community

Xbox 360 wired controller on ps4 system with xim4  (Read 247 times)

Offline NeCr0mStR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: d3db0d3m4n
I thought, years ago that I had seen that cross controller/system support was a thing, in that I could use a 360 controller on a ps4 system and the translation would work through xim4.

Is that a thing?

Thank you

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 wired controller on ps4 system with xim4
« Reply #1 on: 10:42 AM - 12/21/18 »
Yes but the controller should be a genuine controller from Microsoft. It will also need to be a true wired controller, a wireless 360 controller and a play and charge kit will not work, the kit's cable is charge only.

If this feature interests you then you may consider looking using APEX instead. It offers wireless cross controller support for controllers that include bluetooth. This would allow you to use a new X1 controller on your PS4 wirelessly.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline NeCr0mStR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:13 PM - 12/21/18 »
I have the Microsoft licensed wired controller from my 360, so that is not a concern.  The whole need for this is related to the TB gaming headset not allowing chat connectivity without the ps4 controller being powered on, so I need the 360 controller to allow for a "powered on" controller for chat capability.

Thank you for the answer and have a great holiday!

Offline NeCr0mStR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:09 PM - 12/21/18 »
My Microsoft controller just blinks the Xbox light to detect the controller is connected to the system and the notice to push the "PS" button stays on screen on the PS4.  Bummer.

If there is insight for this, please share.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:39 PM - 12/21/18 »
Is the authentication controller attached to port 3?
Is the crossover config active?

I recommend that you start by disconnecting XIM then connect only the authentication controller to port 3. Verify ports 1 and 2 are empty, then connect XIM to the console while watching the startup light sequence. Look for four green lights to signal the controller authentication. For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
cyan, green
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you see four green lights you can then connect your 360 controller to port 1 or 2, and load the crossover config.

Offline NeCr0mStR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:30 PM - 12/21/18 »
I think I might not have been clear.  I am looking to use a 360 controller in lieu of the ps4 controller with also still using the mouse an keyboard.  Not to use the 360 controller instead of the ps4 controller alone.

So, I would ultimately want the 360 controller in port 3 where I plug in the ps4 controller but still use my usual mouse and keyboard.

I don't think that is possible though.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:17 AM - 12/22/18 »
Unfortunately that's not possible. An original controller for the console you're playing on is needed for authentication.