XIM Community

Really interesting video about mouse tracking and DPI (high vs low) debate  (Read 463 times)

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
This is a really good video for those who are looking to understand more about their mouse sensor tracking and DPI. Itís about 16 mins but itís worth it.

https://youtu.be/lc7JVjcPzL0

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Do you have a to long DIDNT watch breakdown?

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
Do you have a to long DIDNT watch breakdown?

LOL, this is a video from a Logitech Senior engineer explaining the tracking of the mouse sensor by discussing CPI(DPI,) angle snapping and other technical aspects of tracking on the sensor. If you have the time and are interested in such things watch it.

What I find personally interesting is how he speaks about the mice sensor having a native dpi which is much less than 8000dpi (his example). He doesnít give a specific number for what is the native dpi but I would assume itís between 400-800dpi. This would be important as the native dpi has less errors than non native, which would mean better tracking experience at lower DPI.

Offline Dustin

• View Profile
I couldnít watch it after 3 minutes and hearing the person snapping 1 million photos . So Iím guessing lower DOI would be best all around

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
I couldnít watch it after 3 minutes and hearing the person snapping 1 million photos . So Iím guessing lower DOI would be best all around

Yes, thatís what I took away from it.

Offline EconomyLobster

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EconomyLobster
I understand this when it comes to a PC gaming type of stance. However, I really believe that using 400-800 DPI on xim would hinder tracking or just create an aim that feels too floaty. I've tried using different DPI's with xim from 800 DPI all the way up to 12k DPI.

I understand everyone is different and has their own preferences, but I really believe xim should not be used lower than 3K DPI.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
I understand this when it comes to a PC gaming type of stance. However, I really believe that using 400-800 DPI on xim would hinder tracking or just create an aim that feels too floaty. I've tried using different DPI's with xim from 800 DPI all the way up to 12k DPI.

I understand everyone is different and has their own preferences, but I really believe xim should not be used lower than 3K DPI.

Indeed it is personal preference and whatever dpi helps you get wins more power to you. I posted this video to share with those who are interested in aspects that are inherit in the mice themselves regardless of whether there played on PC or console.

On a side note I saw a tweet once from someone named Chris Pate (cpate), who is another Logitech engineer I believe saying something along the lines of 3200dpi being the sweet spot for one of the Logitech mice and anything above would create issues.

Anyways this is only an effort to keep informed on mice sensors themselves but at the end of the day the power is in your hand and your personal preference is king.