XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 53583 times)

Offline lev33

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #1035 on: 04:13 PM - 10/18/19 »
Just got mine today. Any suggestions for keeping it from sliding during use?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 04:43 PM - 10/18/19 »
Some use Blu Tac, but I just use an offcut of cheap perforated rubber anti- slip mat and it does the job.

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 05:13 PM - 10/18/19 »
Thanks for the advice Au1d Yin. I'll get some Blue Tac from Walmart.

On another note, any tips for setting Angle?
I only play Apex Legends btw.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #1038 on: 05:17 PM - 10/18/19 »
I use 3 blobs of Blu-Tac under the Azeron to affix it to the desk and it does not move. You may need to muck around with the angle (left/right) of the Azeron to get it into a comfortable position.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 05:57 PM - 10/18/19 »
I use 3 blobs of Blu-Tac under the Azeron to affix it to the desk and it does not move. You may need to muck around with the angle (left/right) of the Azeron to get it into a comfortable position.

Thank you.

What angle are most people using?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 09:08 PM - 10/18/19 »
I think I added +15 to have forward more downward if we are talking about the stick.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 07:29 AM - 10/19/19 »

Thank you.

What angle are most people using?
I think that antithesis meant that you should find the best, and most natural position for your hand when it sits on the palm rest before you fix it to the desk with Blu-Tac.

If you mean the stick angle setting in the software, then it will be what feels best for your own personal preference with the thumb angle "+ or -" settings, or leave it at the default angle.

The thing about the Azeron is that there is a LOT of adjustment options that can be made to the set up. I played with it for a while with the stick housing and the fingers moved out to the right, which had my thumb extended, and it felt ok. Now I play with it set up with the stick housing moved inward and the finger switches more to the left and I'm playing better. It's all down to what feels comfy for you, so spend a bit of time with your hand sitting on the rest and make little adjustments here and there till it feels natural, and your fingers are in a position where they don't make accidental presses to the wrong switches.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 10:19 AM - 10/19/19 »
The Azeron palm rest ist quite long, told Imants this could lead to bad hand position. Make sure your palm is fully on the mountain part of the palm rest. If you adjust the Azeron too short your metacarpals will not be sustained and you could get cramps after some time. So move your palm forward as much as you can!  Also told him specially the index finger sled is underdimentioned a bit, its maxed out for my quite average hand.
Crusade atm: none

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #1043 on: 10:21 AM - 10/23/19 »
As of this post, they are still taking pre orders for azeron's in their company store.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ XL2720 27" 144hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline JT Jenkins

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 12:06 PM - 10/23/19 »
I see that there's a +20 euro rainbow colored one now, curious how it looks. Would be nice if they posted photos of all the colors available.

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 04:47 PM - 10/23/19 »
Selling my new Azeron Compact Curved Large.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=82188.0

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 06:29 AM - 11/17/19 »
I getting asked more about one thing, can You use Azeron in keyboard mode on PS4 and Xbox One without using a XIM. I would be very appreciate if anyone could est that. Thank You

Has anyone managed to get azeron to work native with mouse on ps4 modern warfare, keyboard mode ps4 has kb feature when hooked up but i'm not getting movement?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 09:53 AM - 11/17/19 »
I getting asked more about one thing, can You use Azeron in keyboard mode on PS4 and Xbox One without using a XIM. I would be very appreciate if anyone could est that. Thank You

Has anyone managed to get azeron to work native with mouse on ps4 modern warfare, keyboard mode ps4 has kb feature when hooked up but i'm not getting movement?

I've been wondering the same thing.
I have the xim firmware set up on my Azeron and I don't think the xbox will recognize it as a keyboard, but I wonder if it would work with the Azeron PC firmware version and the joystick set for digital movement?
I haven't tried mainly because I like the flexibility my Apex gives me for my key assignment layout.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #1048 on: 03:10 PM - 11/17/19 »
It works on PC paired with a mouse for native m/kb using the W11cE firmware. The analog stick detects as WASD. I was using XIM APEX at the time with an XB1 controller.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline lev33

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 05:02 PM - 11/20/19 »
I am selling my Azeron keypad if anyone is interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/312854337056